“New York City as I've never seen it!”
Review of City Running Tours

City Running Tours
Book In Advance
America's Roots Running Tour
Brooklyn Bridge Running Tour
Central Park Running Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: City Running Tours offers both guided group and personalized running tours to accommodate any athletic ability, style, training regimen or specific landmarks. Our goal is to shape each tour based on our client's needs both as a runner and a tourist and because of this, they love the intimacy, breadth of knowledge, and the unique and local perspective that our running tours offer. We are a team of running enthusiasts providing an opportunity to experience a city in an exciting way. We connect with like minded individuals from all over the world because of our passion for running as well as the city we call home. Through this reward, we are able to showcase the history and culture of a city while promoting a healthy lifestyle, instilling self confidence and making people feel like themselves. Our service is ideal for the business traveler who is tired of the hotel treadmill, the marathon runner who is training for a race, or the recreational runner who wants to explore new and interesting routes. Experience New York City at street level through the eyes and legs of someone who works, plays and runs there. Share your love of running with us as we share our city with you!
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was my first time to run with City Running tours....and it won't be my last! I had a great time. Brett (and Zach) took me through parts of the city I hadn't seen. We did just over 6 miles, through Wall street, Battery Park, over the Brooklyn Bridge and back over the Manhattan Bridge - with a bit of history and a few pics along the way. Brett kept a good pace - in fact I may do longer next time. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone who has a couple of hours to get some fresh air, to get in a good run, and who has desire to hear more about the city and see parts you wouldn't normally see. I only wish I had started my GPS so I could look back on the route we took. They did everything according to what I wanted, even the starting time. I have told so many people about this....can't say enough....it was the best money spent! Thanks Brett! Good luck with your future tours Zach!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Second time I have done the City Running tours, it is the best way to get exercise but at the same time a great tour. In fact it is far better - more information, more personal, cheaper and in less time by using the tour. I did the Central Park and Rooseveldt Island tours, both outstanding. The R.I tour was great showing me an area I would not have gone to if it wasn't for this sort of tour. I can't rate more highly for anyone and again doing it at a nice jogging pace stopping along the way, the ideal way to see NYC.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We ran with Michael on the Bridges tour on Friday last week & have to say it was a great way to see the city. The tour lasts approximately an hour, so anyone with a 10k under their belt will feel comfortable.
As there was just my wife & I the pace was much to our choosing, water was also on offer throughout if you wanted it.
Michael included a few stops on the way to talk through significant facts or would point out architecture or local history on route.
The 7am start, though disagreeable when you first roll out of bed was actually perfect, left plenty of the day & gave you an insight to the city whilst not too busy.
For this tour, I'd agree with Michael's sentiments & reverse the route, coming back over the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan would be the perfect way to end the tour.
Can't recommend this tour highly enough, a must for any running inclined tourists.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had a great introduction to NYC with a run from Soho down to Wall Street over the Brooklyn Bridge and back via Manhattan Bridge thru Chinatown, Little Italy and home to Soho. My guide Patrick was new to the game but he was an absolute pro. I leant heaps as well as learning the lay of the land. I was hesitant at the start thinking that I wouldn't be fast enough for Patrick but it turned out that I set the pace. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is slightly fit and eager to learn a little more about NYC.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

A wonderful way to experience a city - I will establish such an offer in my home-town Berlin! Apart from a lengthy application procedure everything went really well. Jill picked us up and showed us a lot of interesting things on our tour. Thanks again!