“A great way to see the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of City Running Tours

City Running Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$40.00*
and up
Brooklyn Bridge Running Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: City Running Tours offers both guided group and personalized running tours to accommodate any athletic ability, style, training regimen or specific landmarks. Our goal is to shape each tour based on our client's needs both as a runner and a tourist and because of this, they love the intimacy, breadth of knowledge, and the unique and local perspective that our running tours offer. We are a team of running enthusiasts providing an opportunity to experience a city in an exciting way. We connect with like minded individuals from all over the world because of our passion for running as well as the city we call home. Through this reward, we are able to showcase the history and culture of a city while promoting a healthy lifestyle, instilling self confidence and making people feel like themselves. Our service is ideal for the business traveler who is tired of the hotel treadmill, the marathon runner who is training for a race, or the recreational runner who wants to explore new and interesting routes. Experience New York City at street level through the eyes and legs of someone who works, plays and runs there. Share your love of running with us as we share our city with you!
McDonough, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great way to see the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my first time to NYC. I wanted to see the sights, but was just in town for two days. City Running Tours picked me up at my hotel and paid for my inagural subway ride to Brooklyn. We got off and started the run. We ran across the Brooklyn Bridge, came in view of the Statue of Liberty, Wall St and so much more. Spencer, my guide, really knew the history of the city. As we passed different landmarks he had no problem stopping and answering questions. I will be checking in with City Running Tours when I visit other cities they are in. I would recommend this to anyone who is wanting to see NYC. Thanks City Running Tours!!!

1 Thank Benjamin C

Ontario
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a marvellous visit in Central Park. Angie was nice and showed us everything around with great information. We would recommend the tour to everyone it is the way to visit and get your exercise all at once. Can t wait to do again! Thank you to Jill also for for input during the tour.

1 Thank Sabreau
Toronto, Canada
“A jog through the Upper East Side”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My fiancee and I visited NYC over a long weekend and wanted to maintain our running regimine but not miss out on sight-seeing, especially given how little time we had in a city with so much to do/see.
A friend recommended City Running tours, so we signed up and were not disappointed! It started with receipt of loads of helpful info on where/when to meet and what to expect. We were told to plan for a light 7km run through the Upper East Side. It was essentially a private tour and Susan, our guide, was socialable and easy-going with a good sense of humour. Starting and stopping in a running store was practical, and the employees were both patient and helpful.
My only disappointment was that there wasn't more flexibility in which neighbourhoods we could run through on any given day - downtown interested me more than uptown, but we didn't really have an option if we wanted to run on the Saturday.
Nonetheless, a great tourist opportunity whether you're a marathoner or a fair-weather runner!

Munich
“very flexible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked the running tours in Germany as a christmas present for my sister. It was the best I could do!
The communication was great, I received all information in time. Our city guide came to our hotel - it was on Long Island, but nevertheless, he came, he even brought the metro tickets!
Me an my sister are not so sporty, so Brian has chosen an individual and interesting tour for us. We had unusual views on NY, which are not mentioned in the typical city guide books.
Our English is not the best, so our guide also took care that we understand as much as possible.
He also gave a very good recommendation for a restaurant. We tested it and it was very tasty, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Brian! The running tour was one of our highlights of our holidays in NY!

Visited December 2012
3 attraction reviews
“First thing on the Agenda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The City Running Tour NYC was the first thing on my agenda. I booked the East Village tour and loved that the night before Michael Gazaleh was courtious enough to text me directions on how to get there from my hotel. He also gave me the phone no.'s of my tour guides RYan & Jill in case I was running late. That personal touch was worth the price itself. We met at Washington Square which was the perfect setting for the tour in the East Village where the roots of Art & Music can be traced down. I could of not asked for better tour guides, Ryan & Jill were Amazing, they truly know about the history of the landmarks around the east village. I loved that they added their own personal stories about their journeys in NYC. The weather was perfect the pace was just right and the experience was Breath-taking. Im glad to see the Michael is branching out with the Running Tours to different cities. Ryan & Jill keep up the great work. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.