“West Village 5K Tour”

America's Roots Running Tour
Brooklyn Bridge Running Tour
Central Park Running Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: City Running Tours offers both guided group and personalized running tours to accommodate any athletic ability, style, training regimen or specific landmarks. Our goal is to shape each tour based on our client's needs both as a runner and a tourist and because of this, they love the intimacy, breadth of knowledge, and the unique and local perspective that our running tours offer. We are a team of running enthusiasts providing an opportunity to experience a city in an exciting way. We connect with like minded individuals from all over the world because of our passion for running as well as the city we call home. Through this reward, we are able to showcase the history and culture of a city while promoting a healthy lifestyle, instilling self confidence and making people feel like themselves. Our service is ideal for the business traveler who is tired of the hotel treadmill, the marathon runner who is training for a race, or the recreational runner who wants to explore new and interesting routes. Experience New York City at street level through the eyes and legs of someone who works, plays and runs there. Share your love of running with us as we share our city with you!
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our tour guide was Aaron. He was excellent. We made the run through most parts of the West Village and Soho and Chelsea. He was very knowledgeable about everything. I lived here half my life and even I didn't know about certain places he brought us to. He offered to take pics, asked us if the pace was good, and was great with guiding us all throughout the town. The $25.00 fee I feel is VERY competitive rate as most 5K runs/races will charge you at least $50.00. I will definitely be running with City Running Tours again. I hope they have more 5K runs for other parts of NYC scheduled. I would highly recommend them.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

this experience was fantastic! Chad, our tour guide, was great! he kept a good pace for our group and was very knowledgeable about the area as well as personalble. the tour was well organized and entertaining. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone looking for a fun way to get to know Brooklyn.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We ran from Brooklyn through Little Italy, China town and up 5th Ave to Central Park. It was one of the highlights of our trip as we got to see things that we may never had discovered by ourselves. The guides we had we really fun, informative guys. If you enjoy getting outdoors and doing something a little different, this is for you!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I wanted to see as much of Manhattan as possible so arranged for a 20k running tour with "City Running Tours". Booking was easy and straighforward and confirmation received soon after with regular updates prior to my arrival/tour in NYC.
We started off in Brooklyn, and my guide, Brian, provided historical commentary along the way.
We had to make a detour as we were heading towards the Financial district due to "Occupy Wall St" protests - this added to the great experience to the tour!! Last stop, Central Park - which was a great way to end the tour.
Will definitely book in another run next time I am in New York.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I ran with City Running Tours on Governor's Island and would recommend City Running Tours to everyone! Stefanie was a great guide, the run was very informal, and the pace was very comfortable. It was a great way to explore Governor's Island and learn about both the historical and modern significance of the island. I love using running as a way to see the sights of different cities, and having someone familiar with the area to tell you about it is even better! Awesome experience!