“Fantastic Tour, Awesome Tour Guide”

Rock Around the Block Tours
Ranked #310 of 643 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: If you love rock and roll you'll love Rock Around the Block tours! Music business veteran and rock journalist Bob Sarlin offers three different walking tours about rock history in New York City - in Greenwich Village, in Times Square and on the Upper West Side. Bob offers unique insights based on his personal experience with such artists as Elvis, Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen. Don't miss this unforgettable New York experience.
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My family and I took my dad on this tour for father's day, and I can't say enough good things. Bob took us around for several hours and never checked his watch once, and never seemed to be in a hurry. He only seemed interested in telling us everything we wanted to know about rock and roll in Greenwich Village.

Coming from NYC and being very interested in rock, I was amazed by how much I was able to learn. Bob was able to share incredible insider stories and even history on the city that I didn't know. I would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank jenna c

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Did a private tour of UWS with Bob - he is a fascinating and amazing guide with a treasure trove of knowledge about the music industry . Highly recommended !!!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We loved our jaunt through the upper west side with Bob. Even the damp day did not dampen our spirits.
Thanks Bob.
B & B

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We decided to take the tour and get a feel for the area. Bob is a great guide and a nice person. My wife and I and two adult children arent really Dylan fans so the tour wasnt what we hoped it would be. Having said that Bob was great nd even bought us an egg cream (which doesn't have egg or cream in it) which was delicious. His knowledge is excellent. Maybe we just took the wrong tour

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Bob is one of the best tour guides I have ever had. Very knowledgeable and has great stories to tell.