All reviews skyline room small balcony balcony door new york times square brick wall boutique hotel grand central station small hotel great boutique rain shower door staff fifth avenue junior suite higher floor rockefeller center midtown manhattan
Reviewed November 28, 2017

We recently stayed at the Gotham Hotel while in NYC to visit family and see the show Beautiful.
The weather was perfect and we walked everywhere during our three day, two night stay.
The folks at the Gotham Hotel could not have been more helpful and a special thank you to Aditya, who gave us great recommendations for breakfast, Italian dinner and an Irish pub to enjoy a late afternoon libation.
The room was clean and simple with plenty of room for the two of us, bed was comfortable and everything worked fine.
The location was an easy walk to Radio City, Central Park and all the mid town attractions.
We will certainly book here for our next visit to the city.
Parking a block away for $40 a night was an added bonus if you drive into the city.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Maggie M, Director of Sales at The Gotham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!!
Hope you loved the complimentary access to our terraces that are open 24/7 and our complimentary access to the Equinox gym.
Hope to have you staying with us again soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2017

I booked this hotel last minute for my family. The value was very good compared to other chain hotels. This boutique hotel has a great location and the rooms were spacious and clean. I got a room with a King size bed with a balcony. I would not complain about the view of facing another building. The whole point of visiting NYC is to get out and enjoy all the great sights, especially during the holidays. Every staff member that we came across was very professional and nice. I will stay here again on my next visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jeanette K

Thank you for your wonderful review!!
We are very glad that you enjoyed our hotel and room in particular. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed November 20, 2017

The staff at Gotham Hotel is incredibly friendly and make for an overall great experience. The room is quite large for NYC. Be mindful that balconies on the backend of the building have absolutely no view.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review!! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please call us directly next time and we will make sure to follow your request of a room with a balcony facing the city. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Wonderful staff, with special mention to Aditya our doorman, Max and front desk staff, Karissa and Clarissa! Perfect location, comfy bed and room was fabulous! I will definately stay at this hotel again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review!! We are very glad that you enjoyed our hotel and staff. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

I decided to book here based on review info and I’ll share some things to help other guests.
Hotel is a small independent so it’s not your typical chain with a big lobby and common areas.
I booked a skyline junior suite and had the 10th floor with a huge private terrace but limited view. It is across from a major construction project but that didn’t bother me or keep me from sitting outside.The king bed was so comfortable and I slept so well the three nights I was there and that’s not typical when I travel !
I turned the thermostat fan on and that kept any street noise from being an issue. (The room itself is pretty sound proof)
Some areas of improvement would be DUSTING!
Some of the shelves hadn’t been touched in awhile.
The tv remote doesn’t work unless you are pointing it near the top of the tv ( the cable box is hiding behind tv) so you can’t change channels from the bed.
Fridge in room is a big plus and the shower is great.
There seemed to be plenty of lighting once I found the switches for over the coffee area that has nesspresso but I don’t drink coffee so they brought a tea kettle up and that was perfect.
Also, if you need ice just ask they will bring that up to you,promptly!
Overall I really enjoyed the location and the staff.
Both ladies running the front desk (AM and PM) were helpful and kind and they were very professional. The rest of the staff were all kind and helpful as well.
Thanks!

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We are very glad that you enjoyed our hotel and we will absolutely make note of any issues you expereinced. We look forward to your next visit with us!