The Gotham Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$152
$389
$314
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$134
$165
$136
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$235
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$155
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$308
$203
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$283
$100
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsskyline roomsmall balconyshared balconynew yorktimes squareboutique hotelrainfall showergrand central stationsmall hotelgreat boutiquefifth avenuehigher floorcomfy bedgreat showerrockefeller centerawesome locationjunior suite
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at The Gotham for 13 nights, Right from arrival the staff were great nothing was too much trouble. There was a bottle of Prosecco on ice in our room with a note from the management.
We had a big room on the 16th floor at the front with a large balcony overlooking 46th Street, A little noisy at night but wasn't really an issue. There was free WIFI and the bed was really comfortable. Great location with Times Square just down the street. The Concierge service was good especially Ray, he was always polite and spoke to us every morning wishing us a good day and waving to our infant Daughter. We got married in Central Park whilst there and the management had a bottle of Fizz placed in the room for our return.
Not really anything negative to say about the Gotham, if we were to visit New York again we would certainly look to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013

There are pros and cons to this hotel. Pros: rooms are fairly large (for NY standards), clean and modern; there is free WIFI (when most hotels now charge upwards of $20 for this), and they have premium cable channels (ditto). The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom spacious. Location is excellent. Cons: service! terrible arrival - check in is not until 3PM, so after an overnight flight we had to wonder around the city making time to check in. When asked for a toilet where to freshen up, I was pointed to the coffee shop next door! The lobby is tiny and there are no common areas. When we came back to check in, the bellboy couldn't find our luggage, which turned out to be in the manager's office. Upon check out, the receptionist asked us if we needed a taxi, and we were then promptly ignored until we got fed up and hailed a cab outside by ourselves in about 30 secs. We made the point of mentioning we had a drink for the minibar, which the receptionist added to our check-out bill, only to have this charged separately into my card (twice) a day after. The tiny terrace it boasts to have in all rooms it was of a brick wall and air con units, and it had only one table and one chair. (for a deluxe king). I would probably book somewhere else next time for a 4* experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank theonetravelgirl
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Upon arriving, you are greeted with a warm smile by hotel concierge. Sleek lobby with great front desk attendants. Rooms are clean and contemporary. Great Bose sound system for iPhone. Bed was very cozy and plenty of closet space. The balcony was a great touch! In room fridge was filled with plenty of goodies! I will stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at the Gotham for one night. We arrived on a Saturday at about 1:00 in the afternoon. I went inside to ask where the valet was for the car, they said we would have to wait a few minutes. I asked again at 1:15 & 1:30. We were told to be patient. At 1:45 my husband went to find a parking lot and park the car himself.

I went inside to check in while my husband was parking. During this time, another guest in the very small lobby asked to use the rest room. He was told that it was closed since the restaurant was closed. After I finished checking in, I asked for the key to my room. They said that I couldn't have it because it was registered under my husband's name. He had to sign in. I told them that he would have been happy to sign the register, but he was still out parking the car. After a continuing argument, when I said that I needed to use the restroom (still closed), he reluctantly gave me the key.

The room was fine, a little small. The bathroom was small but nice, and had a few stray hairs on the floor - not the cleanest I've seen. The bathroom was out of tissues, just an empty container.

We wanted to go to the bar on Saturday night at 11:30, but it was closed. We asked about having brunch in the hotel on Sunday morning but it was only open from 7:30-10:30. We asked for a recommendation for brunch but they didn't have one. WE WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. The location is good, but that is all it has. They have no comprehension of the word "service".

Room Tip: Our room was by the elevator as well as right on the main street. Our son had a better room which was on a side street and not as noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Susan F
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel amazing place to stay we booked for one night but our experience was one of the best. Great service,breakfast was fine (I had better to be honest) but the staff and the hole experience was great.
Definitely I would love to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012