“Great location, good last minute price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gotham Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Gotham Hotel
Ranked #229 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great location, good last minute price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed at the Gotham for a couple of nights in September, booked it last minute literally 2 hours before evening arrival and got a very nice discount. $120 a night which for this hotel is amazing price.
Location is excellent, within walking distance to times square, to central train station and to most of central Manhattan.
Room was perfect for one person, comfortable, clean, spacious, with cable, music, wifi and very impressed with how polite and helpful everyone was at the hotel.
Definitely staying here again if i can get similar rates.

Room Tip: Try to avoid front facing rooms as it can be noisy with all cars
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Rock Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to NYC to attend the US Open during the 1st week of the tournament. This was my second stay at the Gotham. Staff was great. Room was excellent EXCEPT for the air conditioner which was blocked by the blackout drapery and did not get very cool. Our room faced the street in front of the hotel so we heard noise from the garbage truck one morning but that was it. The location was great for us to hop on the train to get to Flushing Meadow. We walked to see "The Book of Mormon" from the hotel in addition to getting to Time Square easily. There is a restaurant at the hotel but I did not eat there during either stay. Will definitely plan on staying here again during any trip to NYC.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I recently stayed at The Gotham during a business trip to NYC - typically stay at large chain hotels however The Gotham was conveniently located and available. I always thought of staying here due to it's location, but was hesitant & thought it would be cramped & not have the amenities I look for. The staff was extremely pleasant, offered a complimentary glass of wine upon check in and the room was excellent. I had a King room- perhaps it was not a standard room but larger than the average NYC hotel room, lovely king size bed with excellent bedding, bright & contemporary furniture, large& modern bathroom and a robe [I only get this in hotels where I qualify for their top tier programs]. Overall a great choice if you are looking for a chic boutique hotel in midtown.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had never heard of the Gotham until I got stuck in New York because of a cancelled flight and booked a room on Hotel Tonight. Now, this is absolutely my favorite hotel. It is very zen -- meticulously clean, crisp, neutral colors, incredibly comfortable. Great location. I was greeted with a glass of wine by an attentive staff person. My room was flooded with light and had a great balcony where I had my morning coffee. Linens were fresh and clean, with a lovely fluffy duvet. The bathroom is well-designed with a rain shower. I will be back. Terrific hotel.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a suite. Very comfortable and spacious.
2 Thank Laura B
Irvine, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Working as an apparel buyer I visit New York all the time. In the past 25 years I have made this journey well over fifty times. I finally after all these years have a favorite place to stay.
The Gotham has everything one would expect from a sexy modern day boutique style hotel with an ultra cool vibe. The rooms are well equipped with an extra emphasis on comfort. Plush bathrobes turn down service with fresh fruit, nice sheets, super luxe beds, and the list goes on. The attention to detail is on par with that of David (what’s his name) the TV wedding planner extraordinaire, everything has a purpose and it is all pulled together in a very artful way.
It has a strategic Midtown location which is steps from Fifth Avenue and Rockefeller Center with lots of skyscraping ambiance which is best appreciated on your balcony. That’s right, I said balcony! Every single room has its own private terrace or balcony and there are larger communal balconies too. Like most good New York Hotels it is a reprise from the hustle and bustle of the noisy city, but there is something transforming and powerful about stepping out onto the balcony. It is romantic and I feel privileged by a vantage point that has the ability to connect me to the city in a personal way. It is a subconscious nostalgic kind of mindset that stirs long forgotten memories of every movie every filmed here.
The level of service has been taken to another level and for this reason alone they have earned my loyalty. The staff is ultra-cool and modern in all the right ways they take great pride in anticipating your needs before you even think of them. I rarely ask for anything and when I have it always seemed like they were treating me like I was the most important guest they ever had. It really is flawless service, from the moment you arrive you are transported into a dream world where your every need is not only met but also anticipated in advance.

The process has been streamlined to the point of not even feeling like a hotel. They have things like paperless checkout and no uniforms. It is as if they stripped away anything that wasn’t directly related to pleasing the guest.
I feel so pampered by this wonderful place that I never have to decide what hotel I am going to stay at anymore. This is my place and I just keep coming back. It’s that good, I love it and I cannot imagine anyone having a bad experience here.

Room Tip: Tell them Henry, (The Denim Buyer) sent you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Henry C
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great hotel and overall experience, first of all the location couldn't be better, situated close to Grand Central and all of NYC's great Midtown attractions. The entrance was a little hidden due to the scaffolding and construction but once you find it, it is a perfect quaint, clean, modern lobby with a very helpful staff. The girls were great and always eager to answer whatever question I had, plus yes, free passes to the NYSC if/when I wanted to workout.

The rooms were larger than I expected since the entrance to the hotel was a little nondescript, and I was even surprised by the balcony! One unique item or item(s) were the stacks of books all over the room. If I had wanted to read and relax, I could have, but this being NYC, I had too much going on. The King size bed was also very comfortable with modern and soft bedding.

One night, I was exhausted and ordered in room service from Tenpenny. The Arugula salad and Pan-seared salmon were delicious.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. I wouldn't mind staying there again when I return to NYC. Great job Gotham!

Room Tip: all rooms have balconies but obviously the rooms in the front of the hotel, higher in floor would ha...
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I used the HotelTonight app to book my room here, which is ideal if you're willing to wait until noon to secure a reservation for that evening. As a result, I got a great rate under $200 that included WiFi and a pass to New York Sports Club. Those things made me happy.

I've stayed in a lot of NYC hotel rooms, and I'd say that this one was on the larger side. Granted, they put me on a lower floor in the back... why wouldn't they, given the fact that I made my reservation from a third-party site that specializes in dispensing "leftover" rooms. This room will never see the light of day... the view is of the back of adjacent buildings. There is a terrace, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to spend time out on it. Had I paid $300+, I wouldn't have been too pleased, but given the rate, I have no complaints.

The bathroom had a nice rain shower, the bed was quite comfortable, and the room decor was appealing... nothing fancy, but nice. I didn't use them, but there was an unusually high number of drawers, so travelers who want their clothes out of the suitcase would be happy here. The only thing I wished they had was an in-room safe. I suppose those things merely provide a false sense of security, but I like having access to them.

I walked over to the hotel from Grand Central, so for me, the location was very convenient. I'd stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo