“Excellent”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Amazing little hide out ... great food ... great service ... great ambience. As simple as sushumi should be!

Oslo
“Perfect Japaneese hide away on 47th street”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Found this little Sushi place by accident on a wet and cold day in March - and Tsushima brought back the heat again. I was the only non-asian in this rather smal restaurant, and I take that as a good sign for quality. Got seated by the food bar as I was eating alone, but the atmosphere made it to a nice dinner. Enjoyed a warm sake and a japaneese beer - and ordered a heavenly sashmi platter. Nicely cut, fresh fish and a sensible portion for one. All served by a friendly and helpful staff. Will bring my wife next time in NY!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Anders G
“Best sushi.”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice ambience. Very very good sushi. Service a little rough. Many japaneese guests which could be a proof of quality

“Nice littlel "hole in the wall"”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was actually looking for another Japanese restaurant around the same area and stumbled upon this little gem. As another reviewer had noted, this place is sandwiched between two other Japanese restaurants.

My colleague and I took a chance and just walked in and we didn't have any difficulty getting a table. I'm not a bit sushi fan and ordered a teriyaki chicken dinner and my colleague ordered a set sushi dish. My colleague was quite surprised when the soy sauce arrived with a brush in it as opposed to the usual bottle. He was quite impressed as he had read somewhere the right way to apply soy sauce to sushi is with a brush as you don't want to simply dunk the rice in the soy sauce and drown out the flavors of the fish. Apparently only the traditional places still provide the brush. Neither of us left hungry and dinner for two (without drinks) taxes, tip all in was about $65. It was so good we went back a couple of nights later.

The food was

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Dpw198
“Great sushi!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Simply the best sushi we had in NY. We were looking for a sushi restaurant while walking with TripAdvisor's suggestions. Eventually found. Really nice place. Nice service. Rose sparkling sake made our evening.

Visited June 2012