“So freaking bad. Can't believe they won't close this joint”
Review of Jeckyll and Hyde

Jeckyll and Hyde
Ranked #9,046 of 14,139 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: THIS LOCATION IS CLOSED. PLEASE VISIT JEKYLL AND HYDE CLUB TIMES SQUARE.
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I've been here before--years ago. Had a good memory and wanted to show my friend's kids a fun NY restaurant on night 1. So I walked in with eyes wide open. I didn't expect gourmet food. I was hep to the whole theater "concept" and the "entertainment" surcharge per person and the whole J&H schtick, but REALLY MANAGERS? You allow food like this to come out of your kitchen on a Saturday night? It was so appalling, I still shake my head how we paid $100 for 2 bites of everything. The first bite was innocence. The 2nd was confirmation of how disgusting your food is. How can you make buffalo chicken taste so bad? Screw up a lemonade? And if 2 little kids think your pizza sucks, um, there has to be something wrong. You should've offered to comp some of that ticket when I told you. You should've done something. But now I know why you won't stay open.

2  Thank elevenfullmoons

Reviewed May 27, 2012

A really cool and wonderful place to discover your inner child again. Will definitely return here when visiting New York.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

The interactive show was amusing. The food though was disappointing, specially when you pay a premium to dine here. I guess you pay for the entertainment and the experience.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Wow, where do I begin? First, the restaraunt was to open at 11:30 I had to call the front desk for them to open the doors. Now, mind you I had been here prior with my husband and really enjoyed myself, and thought the food was very good. My friend and I were seated. It took about 10 mins before the waitress came over to us. We were the first ones in the restaraunt. We got our drinks, and that is where it all started. My friend ordered diet coke which tasted like colored water.Placing the order I asked the waitress if all the buns had seeds, and she responded yes. So I had her change my burger to bread. My friend ordered a burger as well. It took the food about 15 mins. to get to us. When my friend got her burger , it was on this tiny bun ...amazingly without seeds! Imagine that...The burger was three times the size of the bun. I asked her , I thought you didn't have seedless buns, she said , We didn't have any buns, the owner had to run next door to get them. OK, do ya think she would have come out and told us? No, she didn't. The fries were cold! When she came back and I told her about the soda, it took her another 10 mins. to get back to us. When she did, she said "there is something wrong with our soda lines no carbination." We can provide you lemonade. Ok, Ill take that. She so graciously charged my friend for the extra drink. They only take CASH or American express...So not going back there. Called the manager a few days later no results. Terrible service, food and atmosphere!!!!

1  Thank nurseratchet12
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went yesterday. It's walkable to Central Park so if with kids, good place to burn off some energy (restaurant is dark and narrow). Arrived at 4:30 to beat the dinner crowd - got in right away but place was still packed. The greeter at door has you in the dark for about 3 minutes to 'test' the kids to see if they can tolerate the scariness. This was the scariest part being with a stranger in the pitch dark. There are 4 floors but a lot of the place (Feb 2012) is under renovation. You are allowed to explore and walk around as you wait for your food but not a lot to see. The place is decorated like a Disney theme park with scarey people walking around in theme (you pay a $2.95 'entertainment' fee for this PER person). The shows every 20 mintues are cute and entertaining for the kids but if you're an adult it is very LOUD. The rooms are lit dim on purpose as the food itself is sub-par (less than Dennys, Friendlys, Applebees for those with moderate standards- I'm not a food snob, but $20 for a burger with bad fries?) The service I have to say was very good - wait staff and greeter polite and prompt. In sum, it was as expected - tourist trap that we had to check off the list but very pricey ($118 for family of 4 who didn't get dessert). Another tip - they don't take Mastercard /Visa/Discover (?) so bring your AMEX or lots of cash!