“Romantic...cheers to the designer!”
Review of Villa Pacri - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Greenwich & Washington
Transit: A,C,E and L trains to 14th St/8th Ave.
Massapequa, NY
“Romantic...cheers to the designer!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

So pretty....quite romantic, yet friends would also love the decor. The food was good. Some might say small portions, but, oh well. You can get filled up on eye candy. The staff were very pleasant.

Visited August 2012

New York City
“Trouble at La Gazzetta”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This usually is a very good Italian Restaurant. The food is always good and we frequented it often. But on Monday when we went there for dinner there was no Scotch. I mean, I tried to order Dewars and the waiter said they were out of that. So I tried Johnny Walker and they were out of that. As a matter of fact, there was no Scotch in the house. When I questioned the waiter he said that their supplier was on vacation for the next two weeks. Like they couldn't go out and buy some? More like they were cut off for nonpayment. Bye bye Gazzetta. It was nice to have you around.

Huntington, New York
“Special Occasion”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife took me to Villa Pacri for my birthday in June. It was very romantic and private. We sat on this half-moon shaped couch near the fireplace. Service was wonderful. We have an extensive wine cellar and brought one of our botttles to the restaurant. A moderate corkage fee made it worthwhile. The food was delicious. The menu was not overdone with multiple choices, but my steak was one of the better meals I have had. I highly recommend Villa Pacri.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank SleeperLongIsland
Colombia
“The best spinach soup ever!!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We loved this restaurant, everything was good. I do not remember it as being expensive. The spinach soup with fried mozzarella espuma was so good that we went back two days in a row

• Visited July 2011
healdsburg, ca
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Villa Pacri came highly recommended to us, so our group of 5 ate there this past Saturday nite. Everything was exceptional! The decor and lighting is very comfortable and pleasing. We were seated at a corner 'round' booth, so that we all had a view of the room. There was a DJ playing some '80s and current pop hits w/ an electronica beat to the tunes which added to the lightness and party-type atmosphere. At one point several women at a nearby table felt comfortable enough to get up and start dancing.

The menu is limted and very well balanced. There was something for everyone in our group.
Several of us started w/ a mozzarella-type cheese w/ a very creamy center. I was told that Villa Pacri flies this specialty in from Italy everyday to ensure the freshest possible taste. It was truly fabulous.

Our main courses ranged from salmon to sole, chicken and the veal. Each of us raved about our choice!

The dessert: I was there celebrating my birthday, and I am guessing that someone in our group tipped off the staff because dessert showed up w/o seeing a menu. It was unbelievable! We were served a fresh-from-the oven flourless chocolate ganache cake that will satisfy any chocolate lovers' cravings. The piece-de-resistance of the dessert was a huge sundae bowl w/ enough ice cream, cake, chocolate syrup and who-knows-what else that was placed in the center of our table for everyone to help themselves at will. It was a delicious combination!

The service at Pacri is very attentive and friendly, but not overbearing. The wait staff knows when to show up and when to stand aside.

Villa Pacri, I will return on my next trip to NYC!

• Visited May 2012