“Great experience in NYC at this hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea
Ranked #183 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great experience in NYC at this hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here last week and had exceptional service from the staff. They were very helpful with directions and a cab to the airport. This hotel is clean and well run and very convenient to the West Village, Midtown, Soho etc. I do receommend it.

1 Thank mcbearcatfan
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Mcbearcatfan,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us!

I truly appreciate the great feedback on the hotel staff, as well as our property. I will make sure to share your great comments with the team and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Very good location. Close to subway, can walk to Penn station. In addition, there are flower shops all along the road in front of hotel which make you feel fresh whenever you out of hotel.
Staffs are good. Room is good. Anyway, breakfast is never change, that make us a bit bored.

1 Thank Siri P
Dear Siri P,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to here you enjoyed everything Fairfield Inn & Suites has to offer and the lovely flower shops right outside!

We hope you have another opportunity to visit us in the Big Apple!
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a well run hotel with great staff; top to bottom. Thomas and Mia - you are a credit to Marriott. Thanks for all your "foody" advice and other tips as well. Really great service; positive, fun and super helpful. Clearly good management. Great rooms (2 rooms; 2 Kings; great beds; we viewed the Empire State Building from our windows); really decent breakfast (fast and hard working breakfast crew). Everything is new, modern and clean. Its in the "Flower District" of Chelsea. What else can I say? We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Don't know about the rooms at the back of the Hotel - may face a building, but may be cheaper. P...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mdwondover
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Mdwondover,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chelsea. We're thrilled you selected our hotel as your choice for lodging while visiting the Big Apple.

It's always great to hear the staff was accommodating and helpful and more importantly, you were able to enjoy your guestroom accommodations as well as the location of the property.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I cannot fault anything with this hotel.
We arrived in Manhattan at 10am, and I knew that we would not be able to check in yet.
The staff at the front desk was really welcoming and right away offered to hold our luggage while we went out shopping in the city.
We were given luggage tags and I felt really secure leaving our bags with them.
We returned to check in at around 3pm, and were delighted to find out we had been upgraded to a suite.
The suite on the 18th floor was great! I would recommend the splurge if you can.
The bedding and the room as a whole felt really new and clean.
Breakfast at this location is great. Starbucks coffee is available 24/7 as well as tea and hot chocolate.
The location of this hotel is on west 28th, in the middle of the flower wholesale shops.
This hotel was walkable to all NYC attractions and shopping.
My biggest compliment is given to the staff. Always with a bright smile and I felt as if they cared that I have a good stay.
Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cruisebaby
Dear Cruisebaby,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a fabulous review! I am so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chelsea.

Our goal is to provide a clean room and great customer service and it sounds like we accomplished our goal with you. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff!

We thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites for 2 nights for a quick getaway. The hotel's rates are very reasonable for the quality of the hotel and by NYC standards. I liked the location-close to Madison Square Garden, shopping and it is in the flower district, so I loved walking by all the beautiful flowers and plants getting to and from the hotel. Yes, the rooms are small but I have stayed in much smaller rooms in the city. It was clean and comfortable although the towels in the bathroom were a disappointment. The complimentary breakfast was okay and nice to have as an option but I prefer to try one of the many fabulous brunch restaurants the city offers. If you are looking for something fancy, then this isn't your place. But for the price, cleanliness and convenience -this is a great option!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gigim11
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Gigim11,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property! We are right in the middle of the Flower District and it is a wonderful sight to see each day. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chelsea and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to New York City.
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I recently stayed here for three nights during a trade show, and it was a disappointment. There are better options at this price point.

Service was mixed. On the plus side, I arrived at 8am on my day of check-in, in order to drop off my bags. Although I hadn't stayed there the night before, the friendly desk attendant offered me breakfast. That was unexpected and I was impressed.

The next morning, though, I was disappointed when I went to iron my shirt and suit. The iron was dirty from another guest's misuse, and the ironing board cover had holes in the foam and wouldn't stay in place. I requested another board and iron from two -- yes, two -- people at the front desk, but never got it.

Another problem with the room was something that's all too common. Style and function are a balancing act, and when it comes to bathroom renovations, far too many hotels come down way too far on the side of style. Hip tile and fixtures are great, and I do appreciate them, but not at the expense of functionality.

It get it -- NY bathrooms are notoriously small, and there's not much room for counter space. But that's all the more reason to have a shelf or two. It's a hotel. Guests have toiletries. They have to go somewhere.

The bathroom lighting, while not the worst I've ever experienced, was also lacking. But if you don't need to shave, you might be fine.

The hotel has a good location, but I've stayed at others that are much better at a similar price. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Travel4FunAndBiz
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Travel4FunAndBiz,

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing positive feedback on the property and as well as any feedback that can help us improve your experience for your next stay. Our goal is to extend the best in service to every guest with our staff as well as product.

Please accept my apologies on the challenges you experienced. Please be rest assured the issue has been addressed. Thank you again for choosing our property and we certainly hope you give another opportunity to stay with us.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've got to agree with all of the other great reviews. Entire staff was great, very friendly and helpful. Loved the coffee available 24x7 (Starbucks!); breakfast was great. They do a 5-star job at a 3-star hotel. Everything was kept really clean as well, which is really the most important thing. Bed was very comfy. The only negatives, was I would have liked the availability of a room safe (though they have a deposit box at the desk I believe), and like someone else said, the towels were a bit thin. Other than that, great price, good mid-town location, and great overall hotel.

1 Thank WisTraveler99
Dear WisTraveler99,

Thank you for your perfect 5 star review here on TripAdvisor!!
We value your loyalty and are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.We truly appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon!