“Excellent stay, excellent location and staff!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea
Ranked #190 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I cannot fault anything with this hotel.
We arrived in Manhattan at 10am, and I knew that we would not be able to check in yet.
The staff at the front desk was really welcoming and right away offered to hold our luggage while we went out shopping in the city.
We were given luggage tags and I felt really secure leaving our bags with them.
We returned to check in at around 3pm, and were delighted to find out we had been upgraded to a suite.
The suite on the 18th floor was great! I would recommend the splurge if you can.
The bedding and the room as a whole felt really new and clean.
Breakfast at this location is great. Starbucks coffee is available 24/7 as well as tea and hot chocolate.
The location of this hotel is on west 28th, in the middle of the flower wholesale shops.
This hotel was walkable to all NYC attractions and shopping.
My biggest compliment is given to the staff. Always with a bright smile and I felt as if they cared that I have a good stay.
Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cruisebaby
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Cruisebaby,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a fabulous review! I am so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chelsea.

Our goal is to provide a clean room and great customer service and it sounds like we accomplished our goal with you. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff!

We thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites for 2 nights for a quick getaway. The hotel's rates are very reasonable for the quality of the hotel and by NYC standards. I liked the location-close to Madison Square Garden, shopping and it is in the flower district, so I loved walking by all the beautiful flowers and plants getting to and from the hotel. Yes, the rooms are small but I have stayed in much smaller rooms in the city. It was clean and comfortable although the towels in the bathroom were a disappointment. The complimentary breakfast was okay and nice to have as an option but I prefer to try one of the many fabulous brunch restaurants the city offers. If you are looking for something fancy, then this isn't your place. But for the price, cleanliness and convenience -this is a great option!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gigim11
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Gigim11,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property! We are right in the middle of the Flower District and it is a wonderful sight to see each day. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chelsea and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to New York City.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I recently stayed here for three nights during a trade show, and it was a disappointment. There are better options at this price point.

Service was mixed. On the plus side, I arrived at 8am on my day of check-in, in order to drop off my bags. Although I hadn't stayed there the night before, the friendly desk attendant offered me breakfast. That was unexpected and I was impressed.

The next morning, though, I was disappointed when I went to iron my shirt and suit. The iron was dirty from another guest's misuse, and the ironing board cover had holes in the foam and wouldn't stay in place. I requested another board and iron from two -- yes, two -- people at the front desk, but never got it.

Another problem with the room was something that's all too common. Style and function are a balancing act, and when it comes to bathroom renovations, far too many hotels come down way too far on the side of style. Hip tile and fixtures are great, and I do appreciate them, but not at the expense of functionality.

It get it -- NY bathrooms are notoriously small, and there's not much room for counter space. But that's all the more reason to have a shelf or two. It's a hotel. Guests have toiletries. They have to go somewhere.

The bathroom lighting, while not the worst I've ever experienced, was also lacking. But if you don't need to shave, you might be fine.

The hotel has a good location, but I've stayed at others that are much better at a similar price. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Travel4FunAndBiz
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Travel4FunAndBiz,

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing positive feedback on the property and as well as any feedback that can help us improve your experience for your next stay. Our goal is to extend the best in service to every guest with our staff as well as product.

Please accept my apologies on the challenges you experienced. Please be rest assured the issue has been addressed. Thank you again for choosing our property and we certainly hope you give another opportunity to stay with us.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've got to agree with all of the other great reviews. Entire staff was great, very friendly and helpful. Loved the coffee available 24x7 (Starbucks!); breakfast was great. They do a 5-star job at a 3-star hotel. Everything was kept really clean as well, which is really the most important thing. Bed was very comfy. The only negatives, was I would have liked the availability of a room safe (though they have a deposit box at the desk I believe), and like someone else said, the towels were a bit thin. Other than that, great price, good mid-town location, and great overall hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WisTraveler99

Dear WisTraveler99,

Thank you for your perfect 5 star review here on TripAdvisor!!
We value your loyalty and are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.We truly appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This hotel has a lower star rating than I usually pick. The hotel was surprisingly good. The towels are not as fluffy as four star hotels, but the price is not as fluffy either. The breakfast was simple but very good. I liked the fresh fruit. The subway is a very short walk in either direction. so it is very easy to get anywhere in NYC in a short amount of time. It is a short walk to Madison Square Garden and Macy's. Lots of shopping and good restaurants are just a short walk. 28th street is lined with flower wholesalers so if you like flowers it is very nice.

Room Tip: Room 1106 has a good view of the Empire State Building. 1206, 1306 and higher will be even better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ginny G

Dear Ginny G

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience.I am glad to hear that you were all able to enjoy the great location of our property. As you mentioned, one of the many benefits to staying with us is that we are within walking distance to all of the great attractions New York City has to offer.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have never experiences friendlier customer service, from checking in to checking out. I booked the room for the great price on Travelocity, and was happily surprised that this reasonably priced room had superior customer service. It was a fairly typical mid-range room, and the towels were not thick, plush towels you get at the finest hotels. But the room was quiet, the bed was very comfortable, the included breakfast just right, and the view of the Empire State building quite nice. This was a terrific location for me, and I cannot overstate how nice the members of the staff were.

Room Tip: Maybe should ask for a room with view of Empire State Building which is nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa M

Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and took advantage of the great location the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chelsea has to offer.

I truly appreciate the great feedback on the hotel staff, as well as our guest rooms. I will make sure to share your great comments with the team and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I recently took my daughter on a mother/daughter trip to NYC, neither of us had ever stayed there before so we were a little nervous and not sure of where to stay and what to do since there are so many options!! I have to say that upon our arrival to the hotel we were pleasantly greeted by Thomas at the front desk and I have never felt so welcome or been treated so nice. He made us feel right at ease and gave us great tips on where to go and good places to eat. One suggestion was Waldy's pizza right around the corner, if you like thin crust pizza and at a very reasonable price, then this is the place to try. We also had the best Chinese food ever at a little place in Chinatown called Wo-Hop. It is at 17 Mott St., it's in the basement of the bldg, its not fancy but excellent food and also at a reasonable price. Our room at the hotel was very clean and it was located on the 17th floor of which we never had to wait long for the elevator. Another great plus about this hotel is that it is located only two blocks from the Empire State Bldg, Macy's, Madison Square Garden & the Manhattan Mall. Thanks again Thomas for making our stay so pleasant!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tamrose70

Dear Tamrose70

Thanks for the feedback! I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, found your guestroom clean, the staff helpful (Thomas), and the location convenient. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the staff! We look forward to the opportunity to be of service again on your next visit to NYC.