Had a great stay at the Fairfield Inn. Spent Thu/Fri/Sat there the week before Christmas. The value was excellent for the amenities. I would highly recommend this for anyone spending a weekend in the city.
Room - The room was new, clean and inviting. It was a little small, but right in line with what I would expect in NYC. After all, we have stayed at the Waldorf Astoria and for much more money had no more room.
Bath - Small. A very nice bathroom, but very small. Two people cannot get ready at the same time. Once again, we experienced the same size issues at the Waldorf.
Breakfast - Perfectly Adequate. I stay in hotels quite a bit on business. Some offer cook to order breakfasts, others have prepackaged pastries. Like all Fairfields, this is in the middle. Eggs and sausage taste fine, but are obviously mass produced. Cereal, bread, yogurt, and other options are also available. While not fancy, the breakfast is sufficient and right in line with what others offer at this price point.
Location - Convenient. By subway we found it was (including walking to/from stations):
- 20 minutes from the 9/11 Memorial
- 10 minutes from Times Square
- 12 minutes from Rockefeller Center
- 30 minutes from Central Park
Complaint - Internet. It continues to baffle me that hotels offer such S--L--O--W internet service and think it is sufficient. If going back to NYC for business, I would have to rule out the Fairfield. However, for a leisure weekend it was sufficient to check my emails. They really do themselves a disservice by offering such a poor quality connection in such a nice, new hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea for your home-away-from-home as you visit New York City. We are a top choice among hotels in Chelsea, NYC, offering a perfect location near Chelsea Market, Chelsea Piers, the Financial District, the Empire State Building, High Line, and Metropolitan Pavilion. Our hotel sits in the Flower District, close to the subway that can take you anywhere you want to go in Manhattan. Stay with us and experience a memorable and easy trip to NYC. We offer comfortable and spacious accommodations that include free Wi-Fi, well-lit work desks, and plush bedding. Our hotel provides a free daily breakfast, a full-service business center, and a well-appointed fitness center. Walk to restaurants, bars, and more from Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea, and enjoy staying in a hotel that is a smart choice among hotels in NYC and in Chelsea, NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea Hotel New York City