“Good price, good location, great customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea
Ranked #174 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Good price, good location, great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I found this hotel in a desperate online search after other accommodations turned out to be a disappointment. I booked this at 11:00 Saturday morning at an excellent price, and hustled over there by 12:30. All of the staff behind the desk hustled to accommodate me, and Joanne in particular helped arrange for me to get checked in quickly. The room is clean, the furnishings are new and, particularly important for NYC when it gets above 90, the air conditioning is excellent. Marriott's higher end brands have been third or so on my preferred list for business travel in the past, and I've tended to favor Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton when paying for my own travel. Service was cheerful, proactive and created an excellent impression of the hotel and of the Fairfield brand. I spent twelve weeks in six trips to NYC on business last year and I've bookmarked this hotel in the browser and will continue to check it for availability. Thanks Joanne and crew for your help! Great experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rich W
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello Rich,

Thank you for the great review! I am thrilled to hear that you had a terrific stay with us. I also appreciate you recognizing Joanne, she is certainly excellent at what she does and I am pleased to hear that she took such great care of you. I am also thrilled to hear that you have bookmarked our hotel's webpage and that we will become your top choice for lodging when your travels take you to New York. We certainly enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Robert Brashler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights at the end of May 2013 while on vacation. It was even better than what I expected. We arrived on Thursday morning (we took the red eye from California) at Newark and took the AirTrain to NJ Transit to Penn Station. Super easy! Then we walked 5 blocks to the hotel and even though our room wasn't ready, they held our luggage and let us use the restroom to freshen up. They even said that we could help ourselves to breakfast even though we weren't checked (it was 9:30am). So nice! We returned around 2pm and we were quickly checked in and given our room keys to room 1002. Our luggage was already put in our room. What a great room! Tenth floor, overlooking the street below, with a fabulous view of the Empire State Building.

The room was bigger than expected (one king bed), very clean, had a nice little closet, and the shower was great (no tub, but I'm not a bath person). The bed was a dream! The only downside was hearing the sounds of honking cars throughout the night, but after one night, we quickly got used to it. Plus, we ran the fan and it basically zeroed out the traffic noise.

The breakfast was very nice with a wide range of items, including English muffins, toast, muffins, bagels, fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage patties, and juice (orange and cranberry). There was also a coffee station with Starbucks coffee and hot water, with a large assortment of tea and hot chocolate. Yum! On weekdays, breakfast ends at 10am, 11am on weekends.

There are also two computers in the breakfast room with printers. What a nice touch! We used the printer three times so we could print tickets for the 9/11 Memorial and Top of the Rock, in addition to our boarding passes And best of all, free Wifi in the room! I find it so crazy that some of the high end hotels out there still charge an arm and a leg for internet access. It's so nice and refreshing when it is included in your stay, free of charge. Did I mention that we got a sweet deal on this room? We booked pretty far in advance, and it was worth it! We checked the price of the room a few days before we left and it had nearly doubled.

My husband and I also used the breakfast room one night when we brought our dinner back to the hotel. It was so much nicer than eating in our room. There is a large TV in there and it's very relaxing and no one else was there.

For being my first time in NYC, you can't really beat the location. We got around mainly by foot, but we occasionally took the subway which was conveniently located on the half a block away. We walked to most of the sites including Times Square, Theater district, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, High Line, West Village, Chelsea Market, and SoHo. While some of these sites were farther than others, it was so much fun to see the city by foot.

A major plus was the local flower market. It was so nice to step outside the hotel and see these beautiful flowers and plants lining the sidewalk.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and can't wait to return to NYC. I'll be back at the Fairfield Inn without a doubt.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the street have a great view of Empire State Building
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hello Libby,

Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and an enjoyable time in New York City. I am also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of all the hotel amenities. Thank you also for your comments regarding the staff and their service. They are truly the best in New York and I am pleased to hear that they took great care of you. I hope that you had a safe trip back to California, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York!

Allons, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I looked long and hard to find an affordable place to stay in NYC. I was more than pleased to find that the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Chelsea was more than to my liking. The rooms were very clean. Yes, the space is small, but then we are in NYC. I was also very pleased with my decision to upgrade to the higher floor, with the floor to ceiling windows and view of the Empire State Building. Especially at night with the colored lights at the top. Breakfast was included which was great, with a good variety of food including some style of eggs each day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TennesseeReiki
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hello Tennessee Reiki,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I always appreciate receiving guest fedback. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and a lovely trip to New York City. You are absolutely right, the views from our executive rooms are fantastic and I am glad that you chose to take advantage and book one. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. I hope that you had a safe trip back home, an we hope to have you as our guest again on your next trip to New York!

south africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with how great the hotel was! Our well appointed room was spacious enough for the 2 of us & clean. The nearest subway was a short walk away, although it was just as easy for us to walk to Times Square or explore further areas on foot. Staff were friendly. The area around the hotel was safe enough that were not nervous to walk back to the hotel late at night. I have to recommend Waldy's near the hotel - best mac & cheese - ever!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Kevanee,

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay with us. You are absolutely right about our location, it is extremely convenient and makes for a great base for exploring New York City. I also appreciate your comments regarding the staff, they are truly the best in the city and I have shared your comments with them. I am also glad that you enjoyed Waldy's, it is one of my favorite places in the neighborhood as well. Their braised lamb pizza is to die for! I hope that you had a safe trip back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York!

WEST YORKS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel is in a fantastic central location in the Flower District. We got to the hotel using the AirTrain and subway from JFK and just walked the 5 short blocks from Penn Station. It was well placed for getting the subway uptown or downtown and we could walk to TS within about 10 mins. The street outside was lovely during the day, with all the flowers laid out and it never felt unsafe when we walked back at night.
Check in was very quick, but we were initially a little disappointed with our room as we looked out at the building(yoga studio) directly at the back of the hotel (4th floor). The room itself was small but had everything we needed and to be honest we only slept and showered there so it was ideal. The bed was very comfortable and by putting our cases under the desk, we had enough space to move about easily.
The complimentary breakfast was ideal, enough choice for us and replenished frequently. The hot drinks were available at any time day or night.
The rooftop terrace was great to see if we were missing out by not paying extra to have a front facing room (great view but as I said we wernt in the room very often). It was fun to be able to pick out the hotel from the top of the ESB - which was only 5 blocks away.
The hotel staff were always lovely and friendly and were happy to answer any questions we had.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hello 2jags5,

Thank you for the lovely review! I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel. You are absolutely right, the flower district is a lovely part of the city and does indeed make for a great base while in New York. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and were able to take advantage of our rooftop terrace. Thank you also for your comments regarding the staff. I am pleased to hear that they provided you with excellent service. I hope that you had a safe trip back home, and we hope that you will come visit us again on your next trip to New York!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had a stressful trip to NYC to move my daughter out of her dorm at FIT and pack her for study abroad in Shanghai. The front desk staff is beyond friendly and helpful! From printing out a final exam project to making a copy of her passport, the staff treated us like family. Especially, George and Brandi! This hotel is located close to FIT on 28th, but also easy to walk wherever you need to go- located between 6th and 7th and close to Penn Station. It is in the flower district which was beautiful during the day. The rooms are clean and nice. We had a view of the Empire State Building. Great experience! Won't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: We were in 606. Very nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hello Robin,

Thank you for the great review! I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that we were able to help out you and your daughter. I also appreciate you recognizing our team members, they are truly the best in the city and I have shared your comments with them. I hope that all went well with your daughter's move and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to New York!

Arlington, VA, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Staff: friendly and responsive to your requests. I pointed out that coffee had run out and they replaced it in less than 2 minutes.

Rooms: clean if a bit small; the restrooms are not only small, but the door opens into the restroom. In Room 803, you have to almost push yourself against the shower door in order to get the door open and get out. I strongly recommend adjusting the door to open outward or replacing the bathroom door with the sliding type.

Food: Starbucks coffee. The muffins are very tasty. The sausage leaves something to be desired and the shake n' bake eggs look absolutely terrible.

Terrace: Great view of the Empire State building. Could use some more sturdy chairs.

Overall: Great value for your money in NYC, walking distance from Penn Station.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hello Francisco,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I always enjoy receiving guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am glad to hear that the staff was friendly and responsive, and provided you with great service. I also appreciate your comments regarding the bathroom layout and breakfast. The hot breakfast items are a new program for Fairfield Inns, and I have shared your comments with the appropriate parties as we do continuously strive to improve our product. I hope that you had a safe trip back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to New York City!