My husband had a business trip to NYC, so our 3 year old and I decided to tag along. We wanted to stay somewhere close to Times Square without blowing our budget, and we thought this was a great option.
We traveled by Megabus from Washington DC, and we were dropped off very close to this hotel. We were a little early for check in, and they gave us the option of checking in right then, or waiting until actual check in time for a room with a fold-out chair for our daughter. We opted to wait, and they were happy to hold our bags while we killed some time. All of our dealings with the staff were very professional and personable. They even gave our daughter a little cow toy, which she played with the entire stay.
The room itself was smaller, but that was to be expected in New York City, and for our short stay we didn't mind it. Our three year old thought the fold out chair was one of the coolest things in the world. For an adult, it would be a little tight, but she slept soundly on it all night. We enjoyed the king bed, it was very comfortable.
I'm a big fan of anywhere that offers free breakfast, and this spread did not disappoint. They had lots of good options for all of us. To name a few options, they offered cereals, toast, bagels, yogurts, Del Monte grapefruit and fruit cups, hard boiled eggs, orange and cranberry juice, apples and bananas, coffee and hot chocolate, and Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. It was so nice not to have to worry about breakfast every morning, especially with a child in tow. There was plenty of seating available.
The location was great. Walking distance to Time Square and Penn Station, and a Subway station on the same block. Lots of reviews mention the flowers outside, which is true! It is a nice touch.
As we checked out, we grabbed some cookies from the front desk. I was impressed with the staff who were friendly and happy.
Overall- this was a great deal, with a comfortable, quiet room and free breakfast, and friendly staff. Our room was on the smaller size, but perhaps they offer bigger ones, or this is good for smaller traveling groups. Easy access to public transportation, and also walking distance to many attractions. We enjoyed our stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea for your home-away-from-home as you visit New York City. We are a top choice among hotels in Chelsea, NYC, offering a perfect location near Chelsea Market, Chelsea Piers, the Financial District, the Empire State Building, High Line, and Metropolitan Pavilion. Our hotel sits in the Flower District, close to the subway that can take you anywhere you want to go in Manhattan. Stay with us and experience a memorable and easy trip to NYC. We offer comfortable and spacious accommodations that include free Wi-Fi, well-lit work desks, and plush bedding. Our hotel provides a free daily breakfast, a full-service business center, and a well-appointed fitness center. Walk to restaurants, bars, and more from Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea, and enjoy staying in a hotel that is a smart choice among hotels in NYC and in Chelsea, NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea Hotel New York City