I have stayed at this Marriott property multiple times and enjoyed all visits prior to my most recent trip. I stay here due to the amazing proximity for work and really love the location, it's short walk to the subway and other things.
But this was an overall subpar visit for two reasons. The first? I arrived from the West coast via a red-eye flight around 11 a.m. on a Sunday morning and was told my room wasn't ready. That was totally cool, as check-in isn't until 3 p.m. However, the woman at the front desk told me she would give me the first open room that became available. I told her I would sit in the small waiting area not 15 feet away from her in her eye line to make sure she remembered I was there and ready. More than two hours later, at least one other person checked in successfully and it was only when I went up and asked if a room was available did she say "yes," which made me irate because she knew I had traveled without sleep to NYC.
Second? I woke up Monday morning and prepared to depart. As I was gathering my belongings on the bed, I noticed an array of blood stains all over the white comforter. Absolutely disgusting. I took multiple pictures of the inexcusably laid comforter and delivered my complaint to the desk upon check-out.
As a Marriott Rewards and "Friends & Family" member who has numerous business associates inside the Marriott Worldwide walls, I was appalled to only receive $20 off my stay having spent thousands of dollars at various Marriott establishments nationwide.
This whole experience has made second-guess staying at this property in the future after enjoying every other prior visit. Very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea for your home-away-from-home as you visit New York City. We are a top choice among hotels in Chelsea, NYC, offering a perfect location near Chelsea Market, Chelsea Piers, the Financial District, the Empire State Building, High Line, and Metropolitan Pavilion. Our hotel sits in the Flower District, close to the subway that can take you anywhere you want to go in Manhattan. Stay with us and experience a memorable and easy trip to NYC. We offer comfortable and spacious accommodations that include free Wi-Fi, well-lit work desks, and plush bedding. Our hotel provides a free daily breakfast, a full-service business center, and a well-appointed fitness center. Walk to restaurants, bars, and more from Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea, and enjoy staying in a hotel that is a smart choice among hotels in NYC and in Chelsea, NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea Hotel New York City