This was our second "Girl Trip" to visit NYC between Christmas and New Year's. We reserved two rooms in August including room 1805 - a two room suite with two double beds and a sofa pull-out and two full baths for the 20 and under crowd and another two double bed standard room for the three middle-aged moms. Even though I had called to confirm the week prior when we arrived the standard double was not available because the prior guest decided to stay an additional night. We were "upgraded" to a King room with pull-out chair/bed. This would have been fine except that attempting to sleep on the chair was impossible. I've never been on something so uncomfortable. This could probably be remedied by offering memory foam toppers to use on the pull-outs.
Other than that the hotel was great even though it was very busy during this week. Breakfast is simple but adequate and was kept stocked. They could use an additional coffee/hot water station when this busy to keep up with the breakfast crowd. The large table in the eating area was great for our group as well providing us a place to sit and visit. One night we brought in take-out from the Japanese restaurant just down the block and had dinner there.
There is a large wall-mounted TV in that area along with another in the atrium eating area for breakfast. There are also 4 lounge chairs with a TV in the lobby.
The entire staff and manager are incredibly pleasant and well-trained.
Beautiful view of illuminated Empire State Building from the roof-top which was accessible by the elevator or stairs at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea for your home-away-from-home as you visit New York City. We are a top choice among hotels in Chelsea, NYC, offering a perfect location near Chelsea Market, Chelsea Piers, the Financial District, the Empire State Building, High Line, and Metropolitan Pavilion. Our hotel sits in the Flower District, close to the subway that can take you anywhere you want to go in Manhattan. Stay with us and experience a memorable and easy trip to NYC. We offer comfortable and spacious accommodations that include free Wi-Fi, well-lit work desks, and plush bedding. Our hotel provides a free daily breakfast, a full-service business center, and a well-appointed fitness center. Walk to restaurants, bars, and more from Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea, and enjoy staying in a hotel that is a smart choice among hotels in NYC and in Chelsea, NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea Hotel New York City