Took a weekend trip to the city to see a show. This place came in with the right price, but being a bit farther south than I usually stay, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The good: it's an easily walkable 3 blocks from Penn Station; there's a subway stop at the end of the block and another a block and a half away the other direction making it very easy to get around; the rooms were clean; the location was quiet. The bad: in room lighting (we turned all the lamps on in the room and it's still too dark, adaquate,but not bright); rooms are a little on the small size even for NYC (functional 15x15 room but no extra space - basically a bed, desk, and TV with a bathroom down the entranceway); TV service is terrible (OK, who has cable service which doesn't receive any of the major networks including all of those in the city? Let's ditch the oddball channel selections and get normal service - not sure what was going on here as the services book in the room showed a good channel selection, but none of them mapped to what was actually on the TV). The hotel staff was friendly and they were more than willing to hold our luggage while we went out and about to see our show prior to being able to check in. Breakfast is included, but we did not take advantage of it as we headed uptown early in the morning and just grabbed something on the go (there's a 24-hour McDonalds right down at the corner).
We'd stay here again as the price is right and there's nothing "wrong" with the place (other than maybe the TV), it's just not as high on our list as some of the other Marriott properties in midtown/midtown east.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea for your home-away-from-home as you visit New York City. We are a top choice among hotels in Chelsea, NYC, offering a perfect location near Chelsea Market, Chelsea Piers, the Financial District, the Empire State Building, High Line, and Metropolitan Pavilion. Our hotel sits in the Flower District, close to the subway that can take you anywhere you want to go in Manhattan. Stay with us and experience a memorable and easy trip to NYC. We offer comfortable and spacious accommodations that include free Wi-Fi, well-lit work desks, and plush bedding. Our hotel provides a free daily breakfast, a full-service business center, and a well-appointed fitness center. Walk to restaurants, bars, and more from Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea, and enjoy staying in a hotel that is a smart choice among hotels in NYC and in Chelsea, NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea Hotel New York City