First, I'd like to start by saying this hotel did more than just meet my expectations, it actually exceeded them. I stay at Marriott brand hotels many times a year but rarely have had opportunities to stay at a Fairfield. This one, in my opinion, was very impressive for such an affordable hotel. It is located on 28th, between 6th & 7th, in the Flower District (NOT in Chelsea but it is a quick train ride!). I arrived hours before check in and they already had a room ready which was unexpected so I was immediately pleased. The room was very clean and comfortable. I have been going to NYC a couple of times a year for many years so I have stayed in several other hotels in town. In my opinion, this room is a pretty decent size for rooms in this city. This area is very quiet at night so I had no problems with a lot of noise when I was trying to sleep. The bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept in. The bathroom is very nice and has a huge, walk-in shower, with great water pressure. The AC works GREAT. There is no fridge in the room and no safe. The lack of safe is actually a bit disappointing. I've become accustomed to having a safe in all NYC hotel rooms that I've stayed in. Also, there is only one ice-maker in the building and it's located on the lower level which is a bit of an inconvenience but luckily the elevators are quick so you don't have to wait too long to get down there and back.
I loved the location. It's really convenient to so many of the city's attractions. It's just blocks from the Empire State Building/Harold Square, which is probably the best shopping located in this area. It's equally close to the Flatiron District, Madison Square Park, Madison Square Gardens, Penn Station, etc. If you make it to the Flatiron District, be sure to check out Eataly, Mario Batali's Italian mega-store. It's amazing. There is also a Whole Foods a few blocks away along with several other little markets if you're looking for the basics. There is a Starbucks and Bank of America, both located at the corner of 28th & 6th. This hotel is located a block from the red line (i.e 1-2-3 train) subway. This train will take you to or close to, just about anywhere in the city you'd like to go.
By far, the best kept secret of this hotel is the roof deck. It has an amazing view of the Empire State Building. Be sure to check it out at night. It is open 24 hours a day and there was rarely anyone up there so I usually had it to myself. It's nothing fancy but definitely a nice spot to chill out and enjoy a great view of the city.
They also provide a complimentary breakfast, every morning, and it has pretty good offerings. Muffins, bagels, cereals, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, etc. They also serve Starbucks brand coffee.
I would also like to mention that the customer service was outstanding. One night, I needed three things; scissors, super glue and a map. I went to the front desk and asked Andrew if he had these items and within seconds, he provided all three. I thought for sure super glue wouldn't be something on hand but turns out, it was. On my last day, Mika arranged my transportation to the airport and also had my luggage held between check out time and the time I actually left. Not to mention the countless others who were very accommodating, as well. Everyone was just very friendly and it was very much appreciated. I look forward to staying at this hotel again in the future and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet, clean, comfortable and affordable place to stay in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea for your home-away-from-home as you visit New York City. We are a top choice among hotels in Chelsea, NYC, offering a perfect location near Chelsea Market, Chelsea Piers, the Financial District, the Empire State Building, High Line, and Metropolitan Pavilion. Our hotel sits in the Flower District, close to the subway that can take you anywhere you want to go in Manhattan. Stay with us and experience a memorable and easy trip to NYC. We offer comfortable and spacious accommodations that include free Wi-Fi, well-lit work desks, and plush bedding. Our hotel provides a free daily breakfast, a full-service business center, and a well-appointed fitness center. Walk to restaurants, bars, and more from Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Chelsea, and enjoy staying in a hotel that is a smart choice among hotels in NYC and in Chelsea, NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea Hotel New York City
- Fairfield Inn And Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea