The Court – A St Giles Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$132
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$126
$116
  • Room Service
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$152
$98
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$150
$135
GardenInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$320
$161
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$137
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$125
$120
Park Central
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
$192
$144
Travelocity
2,147 results
All reviewschrysler buildinggrand central stationsister hotel next doornew yorkmurray hillsister propertywalk in closetlexington avenueupgraded to a suitetimes squaremini barthree blocksfew blocksby nyc standardsspacious roomstreet noisebooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Booked through a 3rd party on the advice of another TA member and saved a great deal on the room rate.

We had a room at the back of the hotel which suited us away from the traffic at the front. But if there are people outside the bar area it could get noisy.

Room a good size, all the usual mini bar, iron, safe etc. Bed linen good, but the quilt with the silky cover caused the quilt to be constantly slipping down the bed, along with the quilts contents. Bed comfortable (and yes I did check after all the problems with bed bugs, and the mattress was immaculate) but it did have a rather annoying squeak each time I moved. Good reading lights, but hated the fabric headboard, think they are just grime hoarders. The room itself was very clean, but furniture was rather worn and chipped and things that were previous there when it was a W hotel left large gaps in the drinks area.

Bathroom, clean, serviceable but the shower pressure was dreadful, and there was nowhere to place anything (ie toilet bags) except the floor, or on top of the toilet. Shame as there was plenty wall space to put at least a shelf. Towels good quality as were the toiletries.

One big irritation was the monster of the air conditioner which roared into action. I have never stayed in a hotel with ones that make so much noise, or indeed in my own home.

The position of the hotel as mentioned before is great, a convenience store over the road and plenty of places all around to eat/drink. Used Starbucks fro the WIFI, really object to paying for it in a hotel. We did not eat/drink in the hotel, staff ok, found them not unfriendly but a little cold. You can also get the bus to the airport (JFK) not far away which is a big saving.

Compared to other hotels, The St Giles was priced well, but only using a booking agent. Think after the change over from the W chain, rooms should be looked at for a bit of tidying up.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Englandsscout
Reviewed October 7, 2010

What a great find this hotel is! 39th and Lexington is close to Grand Central station subway and cute bar/restaurants in the immediate neighborhood. I must have been bumped up to a corner room in the quiet side of the hotel...without realizing it! The room was spacious, compared to other nyc hotels and king bed was super comfortable. I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2010

My husband and I were in NYC for leisure and business. We decided to stay at St. Giles because of location and price. The rooms were a decent size, especially for NYC, with some nice modern conveniences.

The problems:
1) no heat! I could not believe that at the end of Sep the heat was not on - I feel this should be my choice and I was cold so I had to request a heater
2 no bathrobe in the room for my husband and our deck had not been cleaned because there were tonnes of bottles outside.
3) very loud entrance with reception staff not knowing basic info about things such as how much phone calls cost

I did like the service staff and the door staff/concierge who knew a lot about the city.

I would not stay here again unless paying $130 or less a night. This is not a 4 star.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
StGilesNewYork, Manager at The Court – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

We are so sorry for your poor experiance at our hotel. It is obvious that we did not come close to meeting your expectations and would love an opportunity to make it up to you. Please give us a call so we can make this up to you. Our deepest apologies.

Reviewed September 23, 2010

We arrived early at the hotel which was not a problem at all, they booked us into a very good room straight away. It was light and spacious. The bed was confortable and the bedding was lovely, it was changed every day as were the towels. Air conditioning was a bit noisy when we arrived and wouldn't shut off, and we couldn't work out how to open the safe, we phoned down and someone came and looked at both within 15 minutes. Staff were friendly and helpful, it was our first trip to New York and would certainly stay at this hotel again, it was so convenient, we were able to walk to most places within 15 minutes, Grand Central was just around the corner. There were lots of restaurants and bars on the next block!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This was my first time at the St. Giles, which I had not heard of before, but I was very pleased with the hotel, my room and the service. Everyone was extremely helpful from check-in to directions to getting me a ticket to a NY fashion show! The rates were excellent and the location was just off the beaten track but still easily accessible to everything. I can't wait until my next visit!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo