My husband and I were in NYC for leisure and business. We decided to stay at St. Giles because of location and price. The rooms were a decent size, especially for NYC, with some nice modern conveniences.
1) no heat! I could not believe that at the end of Sep the heat was not on - I feel this should be my choice and I was cold so I had to request a heater
2 no bathrobe in the room for my husband and our deck had not been cleaned because there were tonnes of bottles outside.
3) very loud entrance with reception staff not knowing basic info about things such as how much phone calls cost
I did like the service staff and the door staff/concierge who knew a lot about the city.
I would not stay here again unless paying $130 or less a night. This is not a 4 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate New York experience awaits you at The Court. While many hotels leave you feeling claustrophobic, The Court’s 199 spacious guest rooms (Superiors begin at 350 square feet) allow you to spread out in comfort and style. Signature Suites include the Empire Suite, the Chrysler Suite, and our fabulous Terrace Suites, featuring outdoor terraces with views of the city skyline. When you venture out, you will find yourself just steps away from Grand Central Terminal and the iconic Chrysler and Empire State Buildings. Icon Restaurant serves a variety of breakfast options each morning, while Court Bar mixes handcrafted cocktails by night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Court – A St Giles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w New York City
- The w Hotel
- w Hotels New York City
- w New York Court