“Great Stay”

Ranked #309 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Stay”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This was my first time at the St. Giles, which I had not heard of before, but I was very pleased with the hotel, my room and the service. Everyone was extremely helpful from check-in to directions to getting me a ticket to a NY fashion show! The rates were excellent and the location was just off the beaten track but still easily accessible to everything. I can't wait until my next visit!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed September 5, 2010

The hotel hasnt changed since St Giles taken over from The W.

Main difference is really the lack of bliss products and no hot food lunch/evenings, and the bar isnt as crowded!

However rooms are still very comfortable with contemporary designs, comfortable beds, and service is very good, views are amazing.

i would say $16+ per day for wifi is very high, when you can go down the block to Starbucks and use theirs for free.

Good stay, and would return.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Philadlephia
Reviewed September 5, 2010

As a native New Yorker, I look forward to my occasional trips back and always looking for the near perfect hotel in each part of Manhattan. I may have found it for mid-town. I recently stayed at The Court with my two sons for one night while we were in town for the US Open. I found it after reading reviews on Trip Advisor - the location and value seemed hard to beat, and this is certainly true. The hotel is not too big, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and the rooms were great. Fresh cookies, cold punch and apples and the NY Times and WSJ are at the desk in the lobby. Even the shower had good pressure - a rarity for hotels these days. I requested a room with a king bed and a cot, to fit the three of us, and were told on arrival that a cot would be forthcoming, but never did. The desk staff explained that the room was too small for a cot, and before I could get out any argument, they immediately upgraded us to a suite. One of the hotel staff (I think he was the security and doorman all in one) plus a housekeeper accompanied us to the room and helped transfer all our belongings while the housekeeper prepared the pull-out bed from the living room couch. The security dude even got us some fresh ice for our waters. The beds were great, and the next morning, after visiting the Starbucks a block away, which opens at 5:30, I enjoyed the morning newspaper in the very comfortable and quiet lounge. All in all this was a really great place and will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I enjoyed being in this part of the city taking walks to the East River and down to Curry Hill for some good Indian food about 10 blocks south. My favorite part though was the view from my room. The Chrysler Building is one of my favorite buildings and I had a perfect view of it from my room. Clean, attractive,comfortable room; quiet and cool despite heat wave outside.

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
San Diego
Reviewed August 29, 2010

This hotel was worth visiting if just for the bed! In a word..."plush." Spacious, classy, colorful, eclectic, clean, centrally located, accommodating, welcoming....and excellent rates. Thank you St. Giles. I'm from San Diego and visit New York a few times a year...this will be my New York "coming home" hotel indefinitely. Wonderful, friendly staff, handsome doormen, walk-in closets, clean bathrooms with space for toiletries...and those pillows!....yum!

• Stayed August 2010
Falls Church, Va
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Traveled on business to NYC. Had a nice warm welcome upon arriving to the hotel. Everyone that works there is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very large for a NYC hotel and the value was outstanding. The room was clean and very functional. I had a great stay here and plan to stay here in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I am not an expert in hotel reviews but have spent my entire working career (40 yrs) as a user throughout North America. There are various things that will tip the scale for me but friendliness and clenliness are on the top of my list. The Tuscany had it all. The GM (David Lopez) was a star in our sky as he made a wonderful visit to New York become an amazing visit. His style and approach to our special time was unsolicited, unexpected and so appreciated. Try this hotel as I expect you will be more than pleased. Cheers Tuscany

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple