The Court – A St Giles Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Pod 39 Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
Seton Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness center
Kitano New York(New York City)
  • Room Service
Dylan Hotel NYC(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,147 results
All reviewschrysler buildinggrand central stationsister hotel next doornew yorkmurray hillsister propertywalk in closetlexington avenueupgraded to a suitetimes squaremini barthree blocksfew blocksby nyc standardsspacious roomstreet noisebooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The tub was clogged and filled with water as i showered. the thermostat was malfunctioning and would not shut off the AC or at least turn the heat on (it was cold outside); the service guy had to shut the entire system down..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christopher J, Guest Relations Manager at The Court – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Garfield S,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court. We regret to hear that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations. I would like the opportunity to speak with you about your visit so that we can take the proper steps to improve. I can assure you that our engineering team is looking into the issues you described with the thermostat and drains. In the meantime, I’d like to speak with you personally regarding your visit. If you feel so inclined, please feel free to reach out to me directly at robertf@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877. We would love another opportunity to show you a true St Giles experience.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night in June for a special occasion outing for the two of us. The doorman that met us and arranged the valet parking and Glendis, the reception agent, were extremely nice, attentive, accommodating, pleasant and professional. Because of their professionalism the check-in process was quick and simple. I appreciated their commitment to customer service.

The hotel lobby was small, but what did I care? I wasn't planning on hanging out there anyway. It was clean and neat.

Glendis upgraded our room and the room we were assigned was perfect. A corner studio, with a king bed and windows on two walls. Lots of light. The room was nicely decorated and laid out. For a hotel in Manhattan it was also pretty roomy. The whole room was extremely clean.

I have not one bad thing to say about our stay at this hotel. Thank you for a great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade at the time of check in. You never know what they might have sitting empty that night and if you ask nicely they may just give it to you for free.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Eugene M,

We are so delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful visit at The Court during your trip to New York City. We love to hear when our staff leaves a great impression, and I will be sure to share your kind words with Glennis and our entire front office team. How wonderful that the Courtyard King room provided a lovely escape in Midtown for you! Thanks for recommending us, and we hope to welcome you back to The Court on a future visit!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Inexplicably, The Court came up as a "4 star hotel" on my Hotwire booking. This was by far the poorest "4 star" hotel I've ever received via Hotwire. The room was dark and uninviting. Tiny, basic bathroom. Air conditioning never worked properly - an engineer was called, who said it had "frozen" and needed to thaw. That didn't work, even as the system cycled through various loud grinding noises throughout the night. Bed soft as mush. Paper thin walls - heard hallway conversations all night.

The only good thing to say might be the location, if it works for you. Otherwise, this 2-night stay has me seriously questioning the wisdom of relying on Hotwire, which has previously been reliable. But I live in fear now of booking another 4-star hotel via Hotwire - I'd dread the possibility of clicking "purchase" and seeing it come up as The Court.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn90
Christopher J, Public Relations Manager at The Court – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Glenn90,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court. We regret to hear that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations. I would like the opportunity to speak with you about your visit so that we can take the proper steps to improve. Though we cannot control our ratings on third party sites, we certainly do our very best to provide clean, comfortable rooms to each of our guests. I’d like to speak with you personally regarding your visit. If you feel so inclined, please feel free to reach out to me directly at robertf@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877. We would love another opportunity to show you a true St Giles experience.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Quality Hotel and cozy, perfect location! 3 streets from the Grand Central. The rooms are large (at least 35 square meters).
Pleasant and professional service. wifi all over the hotel. I did not eat at the hotel so I have no opinion.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a high floor .. and thay took into consideration this request.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We snagged a bargain for a 4 night visit to NYC with Hotwire. Was dubious about our "win" at this hotel as Trip Advisor has mixed reviews for this property. We were very pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay there again. Our room was on the 5th floor and faced the street. It was a huge room and had a couple of alcoves - one by the closet and another in the main room with writing table, tv, etc. This wasn't exactly an "alcove" but was in an indented area within the room. We are early risers, but if you like to sleep in or are a light sleeper you may want to request a room at the rear of the building. Even tho this hotel is not on a major street, there is a lot of truck and street noise which can go on all night long but definitely begins in earnest early in the morning. The bathroom shower worked perfectly. The sink was not set into a vanity, but there was a large window ledge as well as a shelf next to the sink for shampoo and other items left for you to use as well as cups. By re-arranging the items on the shelf as well as using the window ledge, there was good space for cosmetics and other personal grooming necessities. Had a king size bed which was really, really comfortable. Heat/air worked fine. Only comlaint we might have was that the maid didn't seem to ever get it right for how many towels to leave. It was fine for 2 people the first night - 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 1 bath mat, and 2 washcloths. An extra or two would have been appreciated tho. The following nights there was always at least one towel missing - one night we were missing a hand towel - only 1 was left, one night no washclothes were left and the last night there was no bathmat. I know we could have called housekeeping or gone to front desk to remedy this, but we were tired and didn't want to bother and simply made do. Location is great as you are just a couple of blocks from Grand Central and can take off for all parts of the city on subways there. The shuttle buses to all the major airports (JFK, LGA, EWR) are also in the same area. There are many moderately priced bagel shops, deli's, restaurants, markets, within very close walking distance. New York hotels are incredibly expensive, so we were very pleased that we won this on Hotwire and if the price were right, would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper or like to sleep late in the morning, you might want to see if you can get a room in rear of hotel. Street noise could be bothersome.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple