“I will stay here again”

Ranked #303 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Atlanta, Georgia
“I will stay here again”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel is a good location for the price. The place is close to food, shops and activities and shows. The hotel has very nice views from many rooms. The heater in 916 suite had a mind of its own and was not working when I wanted it to. On the second day in that room I found that if I turned the heater fan on, which usually blew cold air no matter what I put the thermostat to, when all the noises were happening in the heater if the fan was off, then it would blow warm air for awhile. The showerhead in 916 was also not nearly as great as the one in room 818. The heater in 818 also worked great. I would stay here again. Nice place

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in March 2014, for 4 nights. We were visiting New York City for the first time and wanted to be central because I was 6 months pregnant at the time. I have to say that this hotel is very central, which made it practical for us, and our room was wonderful. We booked through Hotwire.com and got it for a low price of 146$/night.

We were well greeted at the front desk when we arrived and the valet took care of parking our car. We left it in the parking during our entire stay and used public transit. Our room was spacious and had a king bed which was extremely comfortable (even for me!). The bathroom was small, and the plumbing made weird noises, but it was always clean. There was a chair, a TV, a desk area and a small nook with the fridge. We felt very comfortable in our room, on the 10th floor. It was noisy outside at night, but I assume that's normal for NYC.

We were almost always greeted by a valet, who opened the door for us. We did not interact with much of the staff other than that. We wanted to have some tickets printed at some point, but they directed us to the business center, and it cost us money to access our email and print our tickets. However, Wifi is included in the room, at no extra cost, which is wonderful. One of the elevators was out of service during our entire stay. So we often had to wait a while to get our turn on the only one that was working. There are chairs in the lobby, so it was still pleasant while we had to wait.

The hotel is about 5-10 min from Grand Central Station which is a wonderful building with shops and stores. From there you can take the train or the Subway. We traveled by Subway during our entire stay and there is also an entrance on Lexington Street. It's a very short walk to the hotel.

We did not visit their restaurant or bar because prices seemed a bit high and we wanted to explore what the city had to offer. Close-by (2 min walk), there is a bagel shop called Bagel Express which serves the best bagels we ever had. We had breakfast there 3 times. We also had breakfast at Pershing Square close to the Grand Station (pricey, but charming and delicious). We had dinner at Osteria Laguna, which was in the area. Delicious italian food and lovely atmosphere. We also had a dinner at Bloom Deli, which my husband loved, but I did not appreciate that much. Nonetheless, there are plenty of restaurant choices close to the hotel.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at The Court St Giles and would not hesitate to stay there again if we were to come back to NYC.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the inside of the hotel, not facing 39th Street.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ptitefunambule
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here and utilized the valet parking which was very convenient and reasonably priced compared to other parking options in the area. The staff was professional and courteous. My room was very large and clean and had a fridge which was an added bonus. The location was safe and quiet (for the city), however the in-room heater/Air Conditioner was a bit loud when it came on throughout the night.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask the front desk for a coffee maker if you would like one because they do not put the...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We booked this hotel using HotWire with an expectation of a 4-star property. Had it been rated 3-stars, I would have been very happy. However, I was expecting something a little nicer. The place wasn't bad, but it was obviously a little older with worn carpet and interesting design ideas (red-mirrored headboard!)
Pros: big rooms since the building used to be apartments. Nice location with easy access to subway, but not too crazy and close to Times Square. VERY helpful staff. They told me where to grab a bagel, how to get to the subway, and recommended an awesome burger joint around the corner. Oscar, the bellman, was especially helpful - answering questions about the area, stowing bags after check-out when we went sightseeing.
Cons: only one working elevator, older/dated decor.
I really enjoyed this hotel, but don't expect luxury. Very functional with a great staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had a great experience. I checked in very late and night and I was exhausted. The nice lady at the front desk (Iysis) was great making the process so amazing. Not only she guided me to the bar to get a drink, she brought the paperwork over for me to sign, and we had a great conversation.

The other staff members were also quite pleasant and responsive.

The room was great as advertised. Comfortable and quiet (which is rare in manhattan).

I also think the location is great. In mid-town but towards the east side and far away from the craziness of times square.

I will definitely stay here again on business and vacations.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked a room via Hoteltonight and had an amazing time. The hotel was clean, staff was very nice, and valet was ideal. $60 for an SUV, but it was quick! The highlight of the stay was Glenis at the frontdesk. While I was waiting for my friend to check me in (side note: if you have a friend book the hotel room via Hoteltonight, make sure they add you as a guest otherwise they have to be there during check-in). She upgraded me to a suite with a balcony/terrace overlooking the Chrysler building. Amazing lady and I am writing this review to highlight her as being the reason for my great stay!

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was a great choice of hotel. Well situated but many hotels in new york can boast this. However this hotel was clean, comfortable and friendly unlike many others. The communication with the reservations team ahead of our visit was excellent. Daniel on reception was very helpful. We had booked a junior suite but were upgraded to an executive suite on the 15th floor. This was quiet with great views and a balcony. The hotel complimentary breakfast was also excellent. This hotel had everything we wanted for a fantastic family holiday to new york. Our thanks to everyone at this hotel. Worth every penny.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family