“Good value”

The Court – A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #325 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Its not a 4 star hotel, but given its location and price - its great.

A stone's throw away from the Empire State building, times square, fifth avenue, etc. The room i was assigned was huge. View wasn't much to speak of - though i could see the Empire State building.

The service was excellent - at the reception, the housekeeping and the doorman who was always around to help find a cab.

Would 100% stay here again.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

This hotel is in my opinion in a good location. Minutes from Grand Central Station and a short walk to The Empire State Building. Situated at the corner of Lexington Ave and within an easy walk to 5th Ave. The hotel is clean and comfortable. However not all bedrooms are the same size as rooms facing East Ave are considerably smaller than rooms facing Lexington Ave. Bathroom small and basic. Beds are extremely comfortable and the room had a flat screen television. Wifi is available free of charge.

Room Tip: Scotties Diner at the corner of Lexington Ave can't be beaten for breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlexJoan
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I've now stayed at this hotel the last two times I've visited NYC for work. The rooms are good size for New York, the rooms are clean and the staff has always been very friendly. The bed sheets are soft and the beds are pretty comfortable... a little softer than I prefer, but still comfortable. My one negative would be that the shower's water pressure is only fair.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2013

When I visit a city often I like to have a go-to hotel that I am familiar with. My favorite hotel in Mid-town sold out earlier this year and I had been at a loss where to stay that had good transportation options, and food options around mid-town. I found the St Giles on hotels.com and didn't know just how good it was until I checked in. To start with my room was ready early, and they upgraded me to a huge room. My room fronted Lexington avenue so it was not super quiet but hey, this is New York City! The front desk and concierge were both friendly and helpful. I got my bearings quickly and with Grand Central Terminal three blocks away it was easy to get to just about anywhere in the city.
At checkout time the bell desk took care of our luggage while we spent the rest of the day shopping. When we came back they found our luggage quickly and called a cab for our departure to the train station.
with Grand Central close by and several good restaurants this will be where I want to stay on future visits.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at the hotel from 12/14-18/13.

First Impression: I walk up to the counter to check in and the guy behind the desk is hollering at someone behind the checkin area about something. I asked for a room with a view and I was told that my booking rate wouldnt allow anything other than what I had. Strange and unprofessional is how I would describe the first minute in the hotel.

My Room Pro's: Large room for a NYC hotel. Comfortable bed. Overall nice room.

My Room Con's: Even on the 13th floor the noise from Lexington Ave was very loud. I turned the AC fan to "on" to help with the street noise. Sink handles were broken.

Hotel Pro's: Convenient to Grand Central Terminal and Bryant Park. Big rooms.

Hotel Cons: Front desk workers were too preoccupied with each other to help the customers. The female concierge woman looked alseep everytime I walked up for the cider (a little acknowledgement would have been nice). It took about 15 minutes for me to get my luggage out of the holding room (even though there were two people working the front desk). The service was sketchy at best so stay at the Court expecting that.

I dont think too many 4 star hotels have ripped carpet up and down the halls, etc.

Would I go back? Maybe.

Should you stay there? if the rate is comparable to other 3 star hotels in the area.

Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Dont stay on the Lexington side unless you have ear plugs/sound machine.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank popedaddy
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We travelled to New York City to see the Macy's Parade and celebrate my 50th birthday. I spent hours looking for a hotel that would accommodate myself, my husband, my 20 year old and 16 year old sons. The Court was a great choice!! Our room was HUGE!! It was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location cannot be beat. Don't spend hours on the internet looking for a place to stay. Book your stay at The Court!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our organization booked a room bloc at the St. Giles Hotel for a 2 day long conference in New York. Our contact at the hotel was Raquel Arnold. Raquel is professional, helpful, and very responsive to our needs. We had a lot of back and forth with her as our guest list was in flux a great deal leading up to the meeting. Raquel did a great job answering our questions and getting us the right number of rooms for our conference. Additionally, she was a great resource for our guests who decided to book their stay with the hotel outside of our allotted bloc.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Court – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Good Morning Margarett L,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court! We are delighted to hear that Raquel provided such excellent service, and that your group had a great visit with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with Raquel and our Sales and Management Teams. We hope to see you again soon at The Court!

Warm Regards,