“It's ok; and very good in some respects.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Court – A St Giles Hotel

The Court – A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #299 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dublin,Irl.
“It's ok; and very good in some respects.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Spent 7 days in September. (Room 301 or 302) Fantastic location and good sized rooms. Staff helpful and efficient. Decor on ground floor of hotel is awful; black, black and more black. Black net curtains on ground floor windows. Red lights on ground floor corridor. Mens cloakroom on ground floor is the brightest room. Bed was good. Bathroom poor. Only one tiny shelf(not like the photographs) soap holder in shower broken; handle to control shower not attached, but workable. staff remedied problem with handbasin quickly. Plenty of hot water always. housekeeping not great. Loads of dust in air conditioning grill and on TV table. Air conditioning old and noisy but efficient. Would have no real problem staying again despite all this. The essentials are ok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John-Daniel
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Court – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear John-Daniel,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court. We are always delighted to hear when guests enjoy our spacious rooms and great location here in the Murray Hill neighborhood. With convenience to Grand Central, and the feel of a real New York City neighborhood, we love introducing guests to this part of town. We certainly appreciate your feedback regarding other areas of the hotel and your guest room—I will be sharing your view with our team so that we can take the proper steps to improve the guest experience at The Court. And should you be so inclined, I would like the opportunity to speak with you further. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877.

We hope to welcome you back to The Court for a future visit!

Warm Regards,

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My colleague and I stayed at The Court for 3 nights from Sept 17-20. They upgraded us to one-bedroom suites which were fantastic. Service and location were both great and the rooms were really clean and well laid out. It was very noisy at night but I suppose that's to be expected for NYC. I would 100% stay at The Court again and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in mid-town.

Dear relaxingonthebeach,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court! We are so glad to hear that you and your colleague enjoyed one of our Executive Suites during your stay. We are always happy to provide an upgrade when available, and our suites offer a spacious escape here in Murray Hill. Please do come back and visit us again!

It would be our pleasure to assist in reserving a future stay for you. For the best rates, you may always email our Director of Revenue and Reservations, Christopher Jevas, at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, call one of our Accommodations Specialists at 888.406.8588, or use the promo code DIRECT when booking through our website.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I must admit that the dark lobby (poor lighting) makes you nervous that you may have made a mistake making a reservation here, but from the moment the staff greets you and you enter your room, you realize it was a good choice. Great location relative to the subway and my daughter and I were comfortable (by NYC standards) walking in the area, even at night. Also, I have allergies to feathers and requested feather-free bedding ahead of time. This is the first hotel that I have stayed in recently that paid attention to my request without my needing to call housekeeping to correct it. What a pleasure.

Room Tip: The double bed room was roomy by NYC standards.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Gin299,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court! We are delighted to hear that you found a warm welcome—our staff are our best asset, and I will be sure to share you kind words with our associates. We love our Murray Hill neighborhood, and are always glad when guests discover it as a safe and convenient location for any NYC adventure. Special requests, especially concerning bedding setups, are always taken seriously—thank you for communicating that to us in advance!

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel was very nice, and a great, great value; I arrived unexpectedly early and they checked me right in, and the room was very large (for NYC, at least!). Excellent location, courteous and professional staff, and at least $80 cheaper than the chain hotel I had previously booked (until I found out it was a stone's throw from the Port Authority Bus Terminal, which, let's be honest, can be a teeny bit sketchy at night...).
Would definitely stay here again!

Dear SeattleSue79,

What a delightful review of your recent experience at The Court! We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed our spacious, comfortable rooms and our great location here in Murray Hill. We think The Court provides excellent value here in midtown, and we are so glad you agree!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Despite we have planned to stay most time of the time on streets, the room, and specially the bed, is very comfortable (what is important when you spend 14h/day on streets).
The air conditioning is old, but worked very well. Concierge helped properly when required. Breakfast (not included) was very good. I could buy products on internet and request to deliver without additional taxes.

Room Tip: Some rooms have Empire State view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Court – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Marcos1002,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our spacious, comfortable rooms and got such great rest on our luxury beds. And we are always happy to hear that guests have made the most of their visit—exploring NYC on foot is really the best way to see this great city. Please come back and visit us again sometime!

Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

My first trip to New York City. I was here on business and had to work in the Bronx every day and then in Brooklyn. The room (Room 604) was bigger than I expected for NYC, comfortable with a nice view of the Chrysler building, had windows that opened partially, efficient A/C with on wall thermostat and a nice bathroom with a bathrobe. I was on the 6th floor and had some traffic noise (horns, sirens) but expect that in a large city. My room faced 39th Street so may have been even quieter than those that face busy Lexington Avenue.
15 minute walk to Grand Central Station, convenience store across the street, larger local grocery within 3 blocks. I often returned from work after 9:30 at night. Ate at Scotty's Diner around the corner - open 24/7, classic NY diner meal at reasonable prices for Manhattan. The hotel has a bar and restaurant on property but I didn't see many people there and didn't eat or visit either personally.
Hotel front desk and bell staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, always greeting guests with a smile. The hotel staff made me feel comfortable, providing directions to the subway, local events and honest recommendations for food in the area. The front desk even provided umbrellas to guests to borrow for the day when it started raining.
The bell staff were especially helpful. I had particular trouble getting a yellow taxi to take me to the Bronx (they don't want to go because they won't get a return fare). After getting in then immediately out of one because the driver told me he didn't know how to get to the Bronx, the bellman came over and asked what happened. He told me that yellow taxis are not allowed to refuse, must carry GPS and know the routes in all 5 boroughs. My taxi was just using that excuse to not take me. Then he proceeded to hail another cab, speak to the driver and insure I would get to my destination without any more trouble. I later started taking the subway and whoever was on duty patiently provided me with directions and train info.
As a female business person traveling alone, I felt safe and comfortable at the hotel and in the area . I would definitely come back to this hotel for business or vacation.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Court – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear chfl86,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court! We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to help make your first trip to New York a memorable one. I will be sure to share your kind words with our front desk and door associates—we love it when they leave a great impression, and we are always eager to hear when they are providing the warm, personal service that is a signature of St Giles.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance in reserving a future stay for you. For the best rates, you may always email our Director of Revenue and Reservations, Christopher Jevas, at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com, call one of our Accommodations Specialists at 888.406.8588, or use the promo code DIRECT when booking through our website.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I arrived late, 1.30pm. They gave me a wonderful suite on the top floor. Oh my. I could move there. Fabulous furnishings, sofas, B&O sound system, chandeliers in the bathroom, and views. A great hotel. Breakfast is not great though, go to Zuckers just down the block for bagels and smoked fish.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear David C,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court! We are always happy to provide an upgrade when available, and we are delighted that you enjoyed one of our spacious specialty suites. Whether the Empire Suite or the Chrysler Suite, our specialty suites offer spectacular views, plush furnishings, and a great vibe. We hope you come back for another visit very soon!