“WOW service!”

Ranked #315 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Long Island, NY
“WOW service!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times for business. Great location, nice rooms, but what makes me really return is the service. From the check-in to the guys who park your car, every staff member goes above and beyond to make sure you feel special and have a hassle-free stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank HeatherBunny
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Court – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear HeatherBunny,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Court, and for your loyalty in staying with us while traveling to New York on business. We are delighted to hear that the service provided by our associates keeps you coming back—I will be sharing your kind words with our staff. They are our best asset, and deserve recognition. Should you have any questions, or if we can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877.

We look forward to your next visit at The Court!

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Long Island, NY
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is by far my favorite New York hotel--and I've stayed in a lot of them. It's reasonably priced, centrally located, clean comfortable, friendly...everything you want in a hotel. As a frequent visitor, they always take care of me with room upgrades, etc. The rooms--especially the suites--are amazing, and enormous for NYC, almost the size of an apartment. Some may quibble about details, but I think the value is unmatched. I visit the city at least a half dozen times a year, and this is where I stay. I almost don't want people to find out about it! (P.S. Scotty's Diner, just around the corner, is a classic Manhattan diner experience--bare bones, but great food, especially at breakfast.)

Room Tip: Ask about room upgrades--or, better yet, get their preferred guest card, free of charge, from the we...
3 Thank Shaw11946
Dear Shaw11946,

Thank you for continuing to choose The Court as your NYC hotel—we are so lucky to be your favorite! We love welcoming back our returning and consistent guests, and we are delighted to make your stay with us extra special. Should you ever have questions, or if we can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877.

We look forward to your next visit at The Court!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Spent 3 nights in the Court. Staff were fantastic very helpful particularly on reception. The family room was ideal what a view of the Empire State. Great location next to everything the Big Apple has to offer. Give this place a try value for money. We will be back

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a view of the Empire State
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear kearny1,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court! We are so glad that you enjoyed one of our spacious suites that features a view of the Empire State Building. And I will be sure to share your kind words with our associates at the front desk—we are so glad our staff made your stay extra special. Please come back to visit us again soon!

Should you, your friends or family have the opportunity to visit NYC again, it would be our pleasure to arrange your future visit. Simply email our Director of Reservations, Christopher Jevas, at christopherj@stgilesnewyork.com or speak with an Accommodations Specialist at 888.406.8588 and mention TripAdvisor for our best favorable rates.

Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The room was very small but it was clean and nice overall. I liked the Philosophy bath products. Staff was friendly. The problems I had were that there were only washcloths in the room 1 out of the 3 nights I stayed and their breakfast was super expensive but I guess that's what you get in NYC.

1 Thank Mallory S
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Court – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Mallory S,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court! We are so glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and the Philosophy bath products. We love it when our associates leave a great impression, and I will be sure to share your kinds words with them. We certainly apologize for the oversight on washcloths in the bathroom—please do not hesitate to pick up the phone or stop by the front desk if there is a deficit in your room, and we will be delighted to ensure that whatever is missing or out of place is fixed in a timely manner. We hope you return to visit us again soon.

Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just stayed overnight at The Court. Nice well lit room with a king size bed. Bathroom was also nice and clean. Walkable distance to Central Station so convenient for getting everywhere. Front desk was very welcoming on arrival and all staff were pleasant and helpful.I would say this Hotel is value for money in NYC and would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sachin K
Dear Sachin K,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious, modern rooms and bathrooms. We are especially happy to learn that our staff members were welcoming, warm and pleasant—we love it when our associates leave such a great impression. Please come back and visit us in Murray Hill again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2013

First off, the management gave us an upgraded room as we were celebrating a special occasion. This was MUCH appreciated. However, I was really surprised at the condition of the first 'upgraded' room we were placed in. The room was spacious but very awkward and the decor was pretty awful- retro '70's. The string for the blinds was broken and tied together (really??). When I pulled the blinds up, they were completely crooked and stayed that way. The bag holding the hair dryer in the bathroom was totally ripped and sad looking on its hook on the bathroom door. The television was impossible to use and we had to have someone come in more than once to 'fix' the signal. We were also supposed to have a pull-out bed but ended up in a room with a giant wrap around couch- no pull-out for the kids. Three of us were in the king size bed and one of us ended up on the couch. The next night we ended up in a nicer room with a terrace (and a pull-out). The terrace was a lot of fun but again it's the details that really took away from the overall experience. The furniture on the terrace had no cushions at all and the wood was extremely weathered and peeling. Not pleasant to sit on at all. They did deliver some cushions after we asked but the whole process seemed really unorganized- everything took multiple phone calls and time. Not a well-oiled machine here.
The last bit that I found unpleasant was the lack of light in the lobby and hallways- dark, dark, dark! Sadly we paid over $600 for two nights..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank prod4
Chris S, Guest Relations Manager at The Court – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear prod4,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court. Please accept our sincere apologies that your stay with us did not meet or exceed your expectations. I would like to speak with you in person so that I can better understand the shortcomings you experienced and take the necessary steps to improve our operations. We pride ourselves on our focus on the details, and we are disappointed that we did not live up to our standards in this instance. We sincerely apologize for the details that you found out of order (malfunctioning blinds, television issues, in-room hairdryer problems, and unadorned terrace furniture) and our seemingly disorganized response. We would love an opportunity to show you a true St Giles experience. Should you have the inclination, please feel free to reach out to me at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com, or by calling 212.592.8877. I look forward to speaking with you and the opportunity to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

It is really hard to write about this hotel. If you asked me would I stay again the answer would be no but if you asked me why I would struggle to put my finger on it.

The hotel is well placed in the heart of midtown Manhatton close to both the tourist parts such as the Empire State building , Broadway etc and only 10 minutes walk from the nice areas such as Flatiron.

The staff are helpful and welcoming but the whole place has a dark feel tot it.vthe lobby is dark the corridors are dark and the rooms are dark. The only place bright enough to read was the bathroom which could have been cleaner.

My first time in New York so I have nothing to compare it with but next time I will try elsewhere. I have been told hotel rooms in New York are small which this certainly was not. The bed was comfy but as I said there was just something I did not connect with at the hotel.

I didn't try the breakfast as even by New York prices it was expensive - pop 3 blocks north to Grand Central Station and get a fantastic bagel and good quality coffee for a quarter the price

Room Tip: Ask for 39th Street side
Dear Geoff N,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at The Court. We regret to hear that your stay with us did not quite live up to your expectations. While our lobby and hallways do tend to have lower levels of natural light, we do strive to provide a number of lighting options in our guest rooms. If you ever find that lighting in your room is insufficient for your needs, we will be happy to provide additional floor or desk lamps to increase available light for you upon request. We are also happy to request a corner room for you, as double exposure sometimes provides a greater amount of natural light in the room. I would like to speak with you in detail about your visit, so that we can take the necessary steps to improve our amenities and services. Should you be so inclined, please feel free to reach out to me at chriss@stgilesnewyork.com or by calling 212.592.8877. We would love another opportunity to show you a true St Giles experience—one that will connect with you and provide you an exceptional New York City experience.