“Terrific customer service, great location, well maintained property.”

The Court – A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #331 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Our stay started out badly due to an unforeseen flood in the bathroom in the middle of the night -- not the hotel's fault: a guest above us left their water running... Pretty awful mess.

The hotel staff, and especially Mr. Chris Swaim in Guest Services, were exceptionally courteous and accommodating, and did everything possible to make up for the horrible start of our stay. Their efforts are greatly appreciated.

The hotel itself is in a very convenient location, the rooms are spacious by any standards, and this is def. a place we would use again for a future stay.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Took my daugther for her 21st birthday. Room was huge for New York. It had 2 sitting areas and the bed was so inviting it was hard to get out of. The shower head was so great I came home and bought one. Great part of town and felt very safe and welcome.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel had just been taken over from previous management, and the transition appeared rocky. As we arrived early, my first impression was of the cafe, which was a strange honor bar system showcasing convenience store/ deli food. When our room WAS ready, though, it did not disappoint. We had a sizable room and a really nice view. While we weren't in NYC to spend time in the room, it was everything we needed, and it was within walking distance to anything we required. Other than a strange first impression, the only real hassle was presented at check out. Somehow the hotel charged my credit card FIVE times, plus the room deposit. It maxed the card that I intended to rent a car with on the next leg of our trip (in another east coast city). The hotel was able to work it our by calling my bank, but it took several hours to straighten out.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fleur_ghee
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I booked this hotel for my daughter and I during our trip to NYC. I contacted the hotel hours before we arrived to confirm our reservation and let them know we were coming into town to celebrate my daughter's 10th birthday. When we arrived, the hotel staff surprised us with a room upgrade and a card and cupcakes for my daughter. We couldn't have been happier with our stay. Our room was comfortable and clean and we were even given complimentary breakfast. To be fair, I booked our room at a discounted rate and we were upgrated to a spacious suite with a balcony and good view, so I'm not sure how the standard rooms compare, but I can't say the staff went above and beyond to make my daughter's weekend special and I'll definitley look to book at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I originally chose the St Giles based on competitive pricing for the NY market and convenient location. I returned for a third time based on the wonderful staff and good quality beds. They have accommodated our early arrivals and late departures with no fuss at all, arranged a shuttle ($20 per person) the one time we departed through Newark's airport, and have upgraded our room on the second and third stay at no charge. Taxi's to LaGuardia ($25 per car) and JFK ($50) are easily flagged at the front door.) The location is a perfect two minute walk from Grand Central and the 4/5/6 subway from there covers all the sights from Central Park and the Museums to the north, all the way through Soho to Wall Street and ground zero to the south. MoMA, Radio City, Times Square, the theater district are a short walk and the Chrysler Building or Empire State will be outside your bedroom window depending on which side of the building you're on. As for the tiniest details, I happen to like the Philosophy brand products they provide. Oddly, there is no coffee pot in the rooms but there are several Starbucks outlets in the immediate surrounding area. The free internet in room makes up for that. I personally don't care about the size of a room as I generally shut my eyes when I sleep and don't spend any time there in the day, but all of my rooms have been as large as any other hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise. Empire State Bldg views have less noise versus Chrysler Build...