“Top Notch Service and Good Accommodations”

The Court – A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #332 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 23, 2011

On a recent stay we experienced excellent service from the hotel staff. They gave us an upgrade to a large suite without asking. In addition, hotel staff were pleasant and very accommodating on all requests. The room was very spacious, however it's in need of updating .... carpet, decor and especially the bathroom. Everything functioned well and it didn't detracted from our really good experience. I highly recommend this hotel based on price, professional staff and good location.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

Stayed 1 night during business trip on March 16.
Pros:
I was upgraded to a huge suite.

Cons:
I was charged $7 for accepting a fedex package delivered to me.
Half broken locks on the room's dor.
Poor bathtub drainage
Metal soap tray fell off the wall while I was taking a shower.
Poor shower head.
Room has an old rundown smell
Chipped furniture.
Very noisy A/C.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I loved my stay at St Giles the Court in Manhattan! The staff was so kind. My husband and I were able to secure an early check-in so that we could freshen up before seeing the sites. Aamira gave us a beautiful room and was so friendly to us that we felt very comfortable. My husband ordered room service and the service was prompt. The concierge helped us find a very nice restaurant last minute before seeing Wicked. All in all, great hotel, great service! Oh, and very comfortable mattress!

Reviewed March 14, 2011

We went to the Court for one night to redeem our Living Social deal. We were greeted by a very nice front desk clerk (Sarah), who upgraded us to a suite. The suite was one of the biggest places I have ever seen in Manhattan. It had a nice-sized front coat closet, a deep-set refreshment bar, a massive living room with what must have been a 46" television, a massive master bedroom with a 30" television and large closet, and a large bathroom with full-sized tub and nice bath products. We also had an insane view of the Empire State Building from our chaise lounge! We liked it so much that right before checkout, my wife and I called down and booked a second night. The bed was extremely comfortable, the hallways were quiet, and above all, the room was very clean. I immediately invited my friends, who live in Manhattan and whom we were visiting, over when we arrived since we knew that our hotel room would be a welcome respite as compared to their apartments in the city. We're definitely going to come back.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

Just came back from a 4-day debauchery trip with 4 girlfriends in NYC, from Toronto. We were quite happy with the St. Giles - especially relative to other hotels we've had in NYC. Initially, we picked it on account of location and that it was one of the few spots which didn't show up on the bedbug registry. (Ick.) I'd read other reviews about the nice doormen, etc. But, seriously..the staff was fantastic - and it really makes a difference to your stay. The doormen were always friendly - and funny. The concierge was really helpful - especially when it counted. My sister misplaced her wedding band in our friends' room who'd already checked out - they were great about escorting us into the room, and helping to find the ring. (Which we did!)..and upon my return, I realized in all of that panic, I left my wallet in my own room. They found it and are sending it by courier immediately. They also had cupcakes and tea in the lobby from time to time (adorable). There was one girl with a slight attitude...but, she's young...she'll learn.

The hotel has a great bar that seemed busy every night between Thurs-Saturday, called The Lex. We had a few drinks there, and were happy with everything. Good music...

As far as the rooms go - they are big for NYC. And the beds are fantastic. Huge pillows (4 per bed) ...duvet covers, that must get washed frequently. It was very clean, and easy to sleep in. I wouldn't be able to lounge in the chairs in the rooms - they seemed dated, and I'm a bit of a germaphobe. But, at least they're good for tossing shopping bags on. Our room was a corner one with a huge walk-in closet with a dresser inside. There was an abundance of towels and robes in the room. Good black-out window coverings.

My few "do betters" would be:

-The hotel turns the heat off at night (I guess they start to do this in March?) I guess it's controlled through a central boiler, so we had to call and ask for the heat to be put on the first night, and again first morning.
- The carpet wasn't lifting in our room, but was threatening to, and really needs to be changed
- The bathroom was fine for NY, but could do with an upgrade - especially the tub. But, there was always hot water..there's a rain shower (it just doesn't have much pressure). And our tub wasn't draining well, but they sent someone to fix that with apologies right away.
- The room doors are thin...the hallway traffic gets noisy

I'd definitely stay here again - the location was fabulous. Curious about The Tuscany (the higher price-point of the two properties).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We stayed here as part of a Living Social deal and it was worth it. It came with a room service credit on top of the already affordable room.

The room itself was a good size with two beds. The bathroom could've been cleaner - there was a hair in the lotion bottle that was there.

Service at check-in and check-out was great and friendly, no problems.

Internet wasn't very fast but that was also included in the Living Social deal so I would think twice before plopping down whatever it is they charge for it.

Location is really good if you're a tourist cause it's right by Grand Central and you can get to a bunch of places from there.

The bar downstairs was pricey but a swanky atmosphere if that's what you want. There's a more laid back bar across Lexington that has an all yellow facade. I don't remember the name but it was good. We ordered room service for breakfast since we had the credit and the food was really really good.

I'm not sure what the regular rates are but if they're higher, I'm not sure I would've stayed here.

Reviewed March 1, 2011

Stayed for 8 nights in Feb 2011 and got an excellent deal from Booking.com. Good things about the hotel were its central location (on 39th between Lex and Park) with 15 minute walk to Times Square and 10 minute to central shopping area on 5th and 6th Ave. Breakfast was included at Audrey Cafe in the next door sister property. We had the courtyard king room which was massive for a NYC hotel, however, they could have used some of that space for a larger bathroom which was quite tiny. Staff was courteous but cold i.e. lacked the welcoming warmth. Also they should provide Free Wi-Fi in the room which is a fairly standard in most similar hotel nowadays.

Given its location and convinience and assuming the same price, I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple