“Weekend brunch”
Review of Balaboosta

Balaboosta
Reserve with OpenTable
Balaboosta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #989 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Nolita
Cross street: Prince and Spring Streets
Transit: 6 train to Spring Street N R W to Prince Street B D F M trains to Broadway/Lafayette
Description: Balaboosta in NOLITA http://carlosmeliablog.com/2010/11/13/balaboosta-in-nolita/
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Weekend brunch”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My wife and I spotted Ballaboosta after grabbing a falafel sandwich next door in Taim on our first day in New York. A couple of days later we thought we would try brunch here and we weren't disappointed. I had the the shakshuka and merguez sausage ($18) and my wife had the coconut brioche French toast ($13). The shakshuka had great flavour and the eggs were poached perfectly. My wife's French toast looked great coming with a berry compote and maple syrup. Fortunately she was feeling generous and allowed me a taste! The brioche toast was really fluffy and soft and was so good that we returned on the Sunday for brunch #2 so that I could order myself a full portion. Overall we thought it represented good value for brunch and the service was also very attentive and friendly. We'll be back when we return to New York!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank 8_Norwich_4

• Hebrew first
New York City, New York
“Unique Middle Eastern Food”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Balaboosta is a fine dining restaurant owned by the same owner as the very popular taiim felafel (in fact there is a taiim right next to this location). Balaboosta serves nouveau Middle Eastern cuisine. Everything tastes fresh. Highly recommend their grilled fish of day. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere too.

Birmingham, Michigan
“Great Saturday afternoon brunch”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife heard some great things about this restaurant, so it was a perfect choice before shopping. The brunch menu gave our party many choices. From the lamburger, skirt steak, to the Spanish omelette sandwich, everything was excellent. The bread used in the sandwiches was excellent so were the carmelized onions. The skirt steak was seasoned to perfection. A great blend of seasonings on every dish. Just wish we could tried a few more dishes.

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York
“I can never eat another tuna sandwich in any other place again”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Having been a fan of einat Admony for a while via Taim, I had high expectations from this new venture of hers - folks, I wasn't dissappointed in the least! I went to Balaboosta for bruch with a group of 9 others. The service was wonderful and friendly and helped to support the jovial mood we were all in. I ordered the Tunisian Tuna Sandwich. With my first bite, I could tell this was no ordinary sandwich. High quality tuna mixed with the best harissa ever, sliced hard-boiled egg and potato and pickled carrots gave it that vinegar taste that balanced everything out. This masterpiece was then made more wonderful by placing it between toasted ciabatta bread. OMG! I will be back here again and again and again.....

• Visited July 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Great meal in a very New York restaurant. Not to be missed”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This restaurant is so good, it is hard to write about. Wonderful friendly service, food that is spectacular but not fussy, a lively but sophisticated ambience and all at a not unreasonable price for this Mediterranean food with a slight Jewish slant. We ordered two appetizers for the table (we were 4) and a main and desert apiece. All were just great . I would go back in a minute. I will the next time I am in NYC.

• Visited August 2014