“Amazing Facelift!”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Antonio, Texas
“Amazing Facelift!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Unaware that this property was recently completely renovated when I booked it, I found out pre-stay that it was actually the same hotel I used to stay at nearly every trip to NYC due to affordability and location. Those two items are why I booked it for my most recent trip. Later, upon learning it's the former Milford Plaza, I was initially disappointed because the Milford, while suitable, was cramped and outdated. Imagine my complete surprise upon walking into a super modern, spacious, completely redesigned hotel! I was really beyond pleased! Quick service, our room was ready at 1:00, elevators weren't the chaotic mess they once were, etc.

Most definitely will stay there again when I need a NY hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erin P
Don_Jacinto11, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Erin P,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. We are overjoyed to hear you appreciated the many changes our hotel has undergone, and we thank you for your continued patronage. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our super modern and spacious design. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed our efficient elevator system. We understand how important it is to maximize your time while visiting such a vibrant city. We hope to see you soon…

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,607)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Townsend, Delaware
Reviewed June 23, 2014

It is perfectly located! We walked everywhere's from the hotel and was in the middle of Time Square within a few minutes. The staff at Row NYC was very nice and very helpful. The rooms where clean and the beds where very comfy. The rooms are a tad but small but it is to be expected in NYC. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would stay there again on my next trip to NYC!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Vicke V,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear your enjoyed our front ROW and center location! Thank you for your kind comments recognizing our friendly and helpful staff. We are glad to hear our plush and comfy bed made for a restful sleep. We do vary in room sizes, and would be happy to assist in booking a larger accommodation for a future stay. We hope to see you back soon!
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel has a great location, very close to everything around Times Square. Saying that, the room it self, has a lot to be desired. Seems like there remodeling goal was to make as many rooms as possible even if it means making them the size as a cruise ship. The shower drain hardly drained, we called about it but nothing was done. If your main focus is location, it's great but don't count on the amenities. Hope this helps. CP

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Charlie P,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. Although we are happy to hear you enjoyed our prime location, we do regret to hear we did not meet your expectation regarding your guestroom. We do offer rooms that vary in size and would be more than happy to assist you in booking a larger accommodation for a future stay. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced regarding your shower drain. I can assure you this is not our service standard and the appropriate department heads are further investigating this matter. We hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence in us. We hope to see you soon…
Orange City, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Finding a nice hotel in Times Square for under $300 a night is nearly impossible. I picked ROW NYC knowing nothing about it. I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was beautiful. The staff was very friendly. The elevator service was fantastic and fast. We stayed on the fifth floor and had a view of pipes. It was so quite. We didn't hear any street noise at all, the room was so dark that even at 9 in the morning you would have thought it was in the middle of the night. It was great. The rooms are a little small so don't bring a lot of luggage, but it is perfect for a 4 night stay. Everything is updated. Beds and pillows very comfortable. I will most definitely stay here again. Very close to subway station, food, entertainment and Central Park. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We had an inside room with no street view. It was very quiet. If you want a quiet room away from NYC...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mandy S,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We are beyond thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your lovely comments recognizing our friendly staff and fantastic elevator system. We are thrilled to hear our comfortable beds and pillows made for a relaxing stay. We look forward to hosting you return trip to New York City!
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Liked the hotel a lot, parking close by. Times Square within minutes walk. I liked the lifts a lot.
You just punch in your floor and they point you at the correct lift to stand by.

I Bought Grey line bus tour tickets from Concierge, we got a drunk guide. Disappointing, but not a reflection on NYCRow.

Room Tip: I was on 11th floor, end of corridor, very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear RoyJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed a brief, yet memorable stay with us. We aim for efficiency throughout the hotel in order to maximize the time our guests have while visiting our busy city. We are glad to hear you appreciated our quick elevator system and the short walk to Times Square. Although we are glad our concierge was able to assist you in booking a Grey Line tour, we are disappointed to hear your experience with them was anything but exceptional. The appropriate department heads have been notified and further steps have been taken to ensure this issue does not repeat for future guests. We hope to see you soon…
Ashdod, Israel
Reviewed June 23, 2014

For my 60th birthday I decided to gather the family and go to NY. We were a group of 12. My choice of hotel was the Row and it turned out to be the best choice ever. This is not the fanciest hotel in Manhattan but it is by far the most warm, welcoming, comfortable and fair priced!
The staff is unbelievable and hey they have the most delicious pizza in town!
I reserved 5 rooms for which I received a fair price offer (May in NY is not cheap!) and by the time I got to pay the bill I had accumulated a $4,500 discount off the first offer! Which hotel in the world does that! Every day it seems is calculated separately and if the hotel is running a special deal you get it even after checking in and during your stay.
On top of that, when the staff heard that I was celebrating my birthday they spoiled our group so much. Free breakfasts, free drinks, a beautiful fruit platter in my room plus a bottle of wine AND on the weekend I walked into my room to find a huge birthday cake , served alongside plates napkins and forks!
The service at the hotel is perfect. The view overlooking Times Square. Who could ask for more?
I want to thank each and every member of the staff for making our stay so wonderful and exciting.
I recommend the ROW NY whole heartedly and of course we will come back.
Thank you all so very much . Keep safe and healthy
Irit Pinkas
Israel

Room Tip: The hotel has recently been renovated so any room would be great
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Iritushp
Dear Irit,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. It gives us great pleasure knowing you enjoyed a fabulous birthday celebration while staying with us. We appreciate your comments recognizing our warm, welcoming and comfortable design as well as our friendly and thoughtful staff. We truly enjoy going above and beyond for all our guests and are grateful to have the opportunity to be part of such a special celebration. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Great NYC Row - Rooms renovated. Nice and clean. Breakfasts are to die for! Simple but awesome pastries, boiled eggs, yoghurt, great coffee!
Music at reception is totally weird though. Gezennia checked me in an she was lovely. Everyone friendly and prompt.

Room Tip: High up if you don't like noise! I was on level 16 and it was fine for me.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear purplepashmina,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable experience while staying with us. We appreciate your feedback recognizing our delicious breakfast, offered at our restaurant/lounge, District M. We love to hear Gezennia provided a welcoming check in experience and we hope to have you back soon!