“Great Position”

Row NYC Hotel
Ranked #354 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Recently spent 12 nights at the Row on the 28th floor. The Hotel is well positioned and close to everything you need in NYC. The rooms have recently undergone a refurbishment and although small, are very comfortable. Housekeeping was very efficient and the staff are all very helpful and friendly. Special mention to Justina and Abigail, two of the best concierges I found at the Row. A kettle would have been nice but there's a Starbucks on every block in NYC, so I survived. I would highly recommend the Row

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. We had little noise on the 28th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark K
Don_Jacinto11, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Mark K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our unbeatable location, close to so many New York City attractions. It gives us great pleasure to hear you found our rooms to be comfortable and our staff to be efficient, helpful and friendly. Thank you for lovely comments recognizing our outstanding concierge staff, Justina and Abigail. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (20,195)

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed at Row NYC one night in our first trip to NYC. Price and location were driving factors, which we were very happy with, but also found the service excellent, room clean, and modern facility over all. We look forward to visiting NYC again and certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mark K,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your first trip to New York City. It gives us great pleasure to hear you appreciated the location and affordable pricing. We thank you for your kind comments recognizing our excellent service, clean room and modern facilities. We look forward to your return trip to our energetic city!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel is in a very good location close to time square. Rooms and toilets are very small and they have the most noisy AC unit that I have ever experienced in my life.

I was placed in a room with a totally blocked view so I was not able to see the sun or the street from the room window and just outside my window there was very noisy huge pipe that kept me awake all night.

I asked for a room change several times but they failed to honor my request claiming that that they are fully booked although I was told in one of my calls that I can pay more for an upgrade if I don't like my room which I refused as I felt its my right to stay in a reasonably quiet room especially for the amount am paying for this hotel

In my last day I was out all morning so I called front desk as soon as I returned to the hotel at 11:45 AM asking if they would allow me to checkout at 12:30 as oppose to 12 just so that I can pack my luggage, again they refused my request and told me that they will charge me extra if I don't check out by 12 !!!

All in all, I was not satisfied with the experience and will definitely stay elsewhere in my next trip to NYC

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Anas I
Don_Jacinto11, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Anas L,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. Although we are glad to hear you enjoyed our optimal location, we do regret to hear the remainder of your stay was anything but exceptional. Our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with your guestroom, and further the manner in which it was handled. I assure you these are not our service standards and the appropriate department heads are further investigating this issue. We hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence in us upon a future stay.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at Row NYC for 3 days at the beginning of June. The location is perfect, just around the corner from Times Square and walking distance to the Rockefeller Centre. The room itself was small, but considering there isnt much space in New York it was fine! It was basic but had all you needed a clean bed, safe, and shower. The blackout blinds were also effective. We were on the eighth floor and unfortunately it was very noisy night and day, but we were so tired from the day we slept through it! It's comfortable for a short stay of a couple of days, but probably if staying longer a room on a higher floor might be better to reduce the noise.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on one of the top floors - less noise and better views
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Em_Anne_H

Dear Em_Anne_H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our unbeatable location, so close to many New York City attractions. We love to hear the blackout blinds made for a more relaxing environment. We regret to hear you found your room to be on the smaller side, we do offer several room layouts and sizes and would be happy to assist you in securing a larger accommodation for a future stay. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 6 nights with my family in a double room on the 14th floor. Room is just nice and staff were helpful. Hotel location is excellent.

Setbacks were the construction noise can be heard from the room on week nights, there was no water boiler, toiletries supply can be limited unless one request.

Nonetheless, the hotel lift service is efficient with minimal waiting time, a plus point especially for such big hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Simgal

Dear Simgal,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It has been our pleasure hosting you and your family during your visit to New York City. We are overjoyed to hear you loved our location, efficient elevators and found our staff to be helpful throughout your stay. We apologize for the road work being performed by the City of New York during the time of your stay. We hope to welcome you back with open arms.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here on our first trip to NYC and through a recommendation of another guest who stayed here. GREAT LOCATION!! Literally a block from the center of Time Square, great location for good food, and theaters. The room was modernly decorated and was clean. Great place to stay to be centrally located to subway access as well. Friendly front desk staff. Appreciated that security checked for room keys to get to elevators in the evenings. Great atmosphere of the lounge and lobby area. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole T

Dear Nicole T,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your first trip to New York City. It gives us great pleasure to know you loved our convenient location and our modern and clean rooms. We thank you for your comments recognizing our friendly front desk and vigilant security. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the Row NYC (formerly known as The Milford Plaza) for 2 nights, all by myself, and chose is due to the reasonable price and amazingly central location. as a woman alone in Manhattan, it was really important for me to stay close to a subway station and close to a place with a lot of people, and this is it - 3 minutes walk to Times Square, 3 minutes walk to Port Authority station, a few minutes and i was anywhere I wanted.
The room i got was so tiny but super clean and comfortable, and that's all that matters since I was out of the room most of the day.
But the highlight for me was actually the view from the 28th floor... i could see it forever.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. the view is incredible!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Hagar I
Don_Jacinto11, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear HappiestGirl80,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are thrilled you appreciated our amazingly central location and fantastic view from your guestroom. We regret to hear you found the room to be on the smaller side, but would be more than happy in assisting you select a larger room category for a future stay. We hope to host your next visit to New York City.