“Time Square trip”

Row NYC Hotel
Ranked #356 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were happy with our stay…. Rooms are small. We probably on had 18" between the bottom of the bed and the small drawer/luggage shelf along the back wall. Very clean and overall it was a good stay, rom was not comfortable enough to hang out in but location was great to get to all of the time Square activities we came for. Who needs to sit in your room anyway!
We did ask the concierge about getting a car service to take us to Newark airport, they said it would cost 130.00…. We called a local car service and they charged us 65.00 plus tolls including tip.

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor, my inlays were on a lower floor and their room was a bit larger.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank theresa173

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I loved the ambiance of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff, especially the lounge staff. The Food & Beverage Director, Eric, was very well dressed and professional. He was very accommodating to me and my guests and always took the time to stop by and ensure everything was to our satisfaction. Alesia, the bartender, was very friendly, as well as efficient and knowledgeable. Kaleena was also very friendly and attentive. I very much enjoyed my stay there as well as the time spent in the hotel's beautiful lounge. I was lucky enough to be there on a Wednesday, when they host a beautiful jazz band which draws local swing dancers. A very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Don_Jacinto, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Dries_BE137,

Thank you for your candid review. I am so pleased you and your friends enjoyed your stay and—even more so—that you noticed the constant efforts and professionalism of our staff. Additionally, I thank you for bringing the issue you experienced with our housekeeper to my attention and assure you that such issues are not our norm. Nonetheless, please know that we are investigating this matter to ensure that it does not happen with other guests. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great room, superb mattress and room was impeccable clean. Bathroom door....well its hard to be private. Great decor. I loved the mod wall murals. Made me smile everytime I walked onto the floor.
Good security. Staff was good. Breakfast was wonderful. Limited bfast seating but it worked.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jwvt19
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great hotel and great location! Rooms were comfortable....staff and service was great! Right near everything in New York City. My husband and 2 children stayed there for 4 days. Great price for the area too. I would go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2014

After being repulsed by the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel I ran to the nearest hotel and ended up here and thank goodness!

CUSTOMER SERVICE
Gezennia checked us in and what a breath of Fresh Air! Upon checking us in she lent a listening ear and did not rush our check in. She listened to our needs and was assuring making us comfortable and it easy to put the terrible experience at the previous hotel behind us.

She was so pleasant and had great customer service skills. She was very knowledgeable about services, restaurants and stores in the area.

As well there was Patrick who had such a positive great attitude and remembering my name and greeting me daily! He taught us how to use the elevators which is an awesome feature. It intuitively groups floors to ensure the most efficient use of all the elevators.

ROOM
The room was clean and modern. It had a smart use of space with places to sit, put your luggage and drawers. The bathroom was clean and modern, the only hangup was where the toilet paper was situated. it was too close therefore sitting on the toilet ensured that I bumped into it all the time.

The hotel key also become luggage tags we ended up using as we ended up buying luggage.

Clean and spacious with a full length mirror. Also Has HBO so I didn't miss Game of Thrones!

LOCATION
The location was perfect. The first night we strolled around ending up in Times Square and with all the theaters on the side of the hotel, Shake Shack was close but get there early line ups spill in to the side walk at times. There is a food court across the street with great pizza too! As well there was a smoke/liquor store across the street you can buy souvenirs from too! Not to mention the 24 hr convenience store in the hotel.

Overall Awesome Hotel and will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: We were in Room 2227 and it was spacious and Clean
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Iris P

Dear Iris P,

Thank you kindly for your fantastic review of our hotel and staff! We pride ourselves on offering consistent, first-class customer service and I am so glad that—thanks to the efforts of our wonderful staff—we were able to turn your unpleasant experience at the Wyndham New Yorker around for you. We sincerely look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was nervous about previous reviews but I was very happy with stay. The rooms are small but they are cute and clean. I stayed with my teenage daughter and it was perfect. Great value for the price. Beds are soft, good shower, and friendly staff. Thank you ROBERT at front desk by starting a visit with your kindness and going the extra yard for us. I personal loved the elevator system, was very fast and was nice that security checks for room keys. Managers are walking around making sure everyone is doing there job. We are frequent visitors to NYC and will be back. I didn't hear any noise at night from other rooms. They hold your luggage when you check out for free if you are still running around the city.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Rooms are small for the price I paid and the service was poor. Too many dumb rules to follow in their areas such as the lobby. You can't even eat a snack in the lobby if it was not bought in their bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeanette C

Dear Jeanette C,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not better enjoy your stay with us. Please understand that hotel policies are in place to best ensure the comfort of all of our guests and I sincerely apologize if you found them to be disagreeable. Nonetheless, we welcome the opportunity to better meet your needs in the future.