“Don't listen to the moaners this is a great hotel.”
Review of Row NYC Hotel

Row NYC Hotel
Ranked #347 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
“Don't listen to the moaners this is a great hotel.”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I book this hotel via Expedia last August and since then I've been a bit worried about the bad reviews this hotel gets. I have just returned from staying there for 5 nights and had a wonderful experience. Let's deal with all those complaints;
Check in. We arrived at 1pm on a Saturday and waited about 10 mins and they let us check in.. My brother arrived at 5pm and it only took him 10 mins a well
The lifts. Why do people complain about these, you punch in ur floor number and go it ur allocated lift which takes u straight there. It's a great system
Room size. Ok these rooms are not massive but neither are they the cramped box size people say. Wow had a 2 bed double which was adequate and my brother had a double. Both roomswhere clean, enough space and ok size bathrooms.
Wifi. It's now free for the first device and $2 a day for each additional device.
Staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful and the bar area has a lovely feel to it with a jazz band on our last night.
On the morning of departure we had a note pushed through our door telling us how to check out.
This hotel is not 5 star but we did not pay 5 star prices. It was a great place to stay, not just for the location but because it's a great hotel.
On waiting for my baggage I got talking to other guests who had read similar reviews like me and they also could not fault it.
Don't listen to those moaners, if u want to find fault I am sure u will but that can be said of anywhere
Thank you to everyone at the Row for a great time

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank nedmcw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,634)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 10, 2014

It is 12:25am and we're sitting in our room confused and a little scared that something bad is happening. Out of no where a male voice with an accent has gotten on some kind of intercom that is connected to the rooms and has randomly indicated that there has been some kind of investigation or something? What is going on in this hotel!! We're trying to call down to the front desk but there is no answer. I'm afraid to go downstairs!!!! What is wrong with this place!!

2 Thank Ckov4
Don_Jacinto, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Ckov4,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the severe disturbance and resulting anxiety you experienced as a result of our fire alarm. After investigating the incident thoroughly, I can confirm that this was, in fact, a false alarm. Nonetheless, we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience this caused you and sincerely hope that the rest of your stay was a very pleasant one. We look forward to hosting you again.

- Don

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Absolutely loved staying at the ROW NYC. Everyone that worked there was so nice and the rooms were so adorable and spacious. Especially for NYC. Great view. AWESOME location. I will definitely be staying there again during my next NYC stay. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Savannah P
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Had a good experience before so my husband and I booked this hotel again for our mid-week getaway. Booked a room with a king bed and were pleasantly surprised when the front desk was able to place us in a corner room! Comfortable room, tiny but clean bathroom and great view of 8th Ave. Downside was that there was also a good amount of 8th Ave noise overnight as we were only on the 7th floor. Staff were all courteous and helpful. This was an excellent location from which to venture into the city for a night at the theater or sightseeing. It's also in close proximity to some of the best restaurants 9th Ave/Hell's Kitchen has to offer!

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem to have more space and the higher the floor the better if you are concerned about...
2 Thank MMitchRN
Seminole, FL
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Row (previously the Milford) is a decent hotel in a great location and if you can get a deal, such as the mobile deals on the website or hotwire, then it is definitely worth a look. BUT.. Try to get a very high floor, we were on the seventh floor on the corner facing 8th Ave and 45th St and the road noise was very noisy, even in the middle of the night. And if you need to have a reliable internet connection don't go here, the first internet connection is free and then if you need additional devices there is a charge, the charge is minimal, $12 for 3 devices, but the internet is non-existant most f the time with the wifi disappearing and re-appearing and when it was showing in the list of available connections most of the time we could not connect, when it did connect it was REALLY SLOW. If you can deal with noise and no internet connection then this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Go high up to avoid noise of the street
2 Thank safetymelSeminole
Dear safetymelSeminole,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulty you experienced with our wifi. I understand how frustrating an unreliable internet connection can be and deeply regret that you experienced that with us. Please know that, since receiving your review, I’ve had our IT technicians begin a property-wide investigation into usage and signal strength to determine where and how we can offer guests better service. Thank you again for bringing this issue to my attention -- I hope you’ll be back to see our improvements!

- Don
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The old Milford Plaza presently undergoing renovations. No doubt the lower prices are due to the ongoing work. Clean, great housekeeping and all requests were fulfilled promptly. Was able to get a fridge for the room at no charge and would love to stay here again if the prices stay reasonable. Two complaints: 1- the door to the room didn't prevent hearing ALL noise in the hallway 2- the A/C unit needs some type of air deflector as the air blows directly on to the bed

2 Thank mikesmutt
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I've been staying here once a year for the past five year, and it's always exactly what I need it to be: a comfortably small affordable clean room in a hotel with knowledgeable and friendly staff, well-behaved guests - one block away from Time Square.

The renovations are all mostly just for looks it seems. It does look a lot nicer, but the beds are still a little stiff though. But for the price you're staying in a clean room so close to time square, I don't expect to sleep as well as when I'm at home. I'm there to visit, not to sleep all day. And I was never sore the next morning.

The furniture does come off a little cheap, and the corners of the floor and walls in the bathroom can be a bit dusty, but again, these are things I'm more than willing to put up with, especially since I know to expect them.

I'll definitely be coming back again next time I'm in NYC. It's the only place I stay at.

Room Tip: Of course there's a lot of traffic on 8th avenue, so the higher up your floor is, the less const...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends