“Good stay in the city”

Row NYC Hotel
Ranked #353 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Newly renovated (used to be called The Milford). Our check-in process was laborious (we had a group of 12). The room was small (hey-it's NYC) but chic and clean. Breakfast not included and if you pay for it you get a small voucher for $12 worth from their breakfast spread--doesn't get you a whole lot. After a certain time in the evening they have employees check your room card before allowing you to use the elevators to the rooms--I thought this was a nice security precaution! Great vibe and amazing location! A short walk to Times Square and great, lively streets!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 26th floor and the view was beautiful!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Expected small rooms in New York but this was a shoebox. The staff was unhelpful and service awful. Beyond awful. Left daughters's lovie behind but no one will help find it. Emails bounce from the addresses on their website and calls ring forever. When lucky enough to get through, I get passed from one extension to another. You would think someone there has children and would take a few minutes to help. Wishing I had never stayed there. Never will again.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Lostbunny
Don_Jacinto, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Lostbunny,

Several of the issues you highlighted in your review are extremely concerning to me and I would like to intervene. Your difficulty in connecting with my staff is unacceptable and I encourage you to contact me directly so that I can resolve your issues. I look forward to hearing from you.

- Don

Reviewed March 26, 2014

me and my partner came here for a week long stay, the hotel looks clean and fresh with the change of name and updates, rooms are a bit small but thats nyc, who needs a 12 by 12 room when your in nyc am i right, i did propose to my partner in times square and the hotel bought us drinks which was a lovely thouvh, staff are very nice, perfect location, would come back again next year many thanks Graham & Amy

A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The location of the hotel is perfect, a block away from Times Square. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the room was a bit on the small side but was plenty big enough for the two of us, especially considering you are hardly in it. The bar downstaors was friendly, relaxed and very cool. The bar staff were friendly and advised us on some other great bars to try in the City. All of the staff were friendly and I would recommend the hotel and stay again. Top Tip - Check out the Shake Shack across the road the burgers are just amazing!!

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed here March 22nd - 24th. Location was great; we were able to move easily throughout the city. Our room was small (I mean...it's NYC so that's obviously to be expected) but was well laid out & appointed. Bed was comfortable, linens were nice. We were on the 16th floor and the view was pretty nice! Staff was accommodating, polite and professional. The heater in our room was a little noisy but not enough to warrant a complaint to the front desk. Didn't eat or drink here but the bar area looked fun! Overall a stylish & fun place to stay to stay in Times Square area.

2  Thank sun4thesoul
Reviewed March 25, 2014

first of hotel has great location and within short walking distance to all main NYC sights. secondly, it is renovated, except cooling & heating elements on the wall, which is still OLD. reception is specious and easy to find, than it is tricky part - lifts :) you need to enter floor number, than wait for letter with leads you to appropriate lift, shall it be A, B, C or D... long corridors, which are renovated... than there is THE ROOM! room was nicely refurbished and decorated. nice design, comfy beds and if you are on upper floors - great views. rooms has fully renovated except heating / cooling element on the wall under window is out of this century. ya and when you are planning to have a lot of clothing, you are will be in trouble, while closet it too small.

hotel has also great lobby bar, which is lovely place to hang-out before to go to sleep

Room Tip: ask for rooms on upper floors, where you will get a great views
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Got a deal on Priceline for this 4* hotel - saved about 18-20% which really isn't that much compared to other deals I've gotten. Upon arrival I had to wait for almost an hour to be able to check in! Yes AN HOUR!! I have never seen such a long line of people waiting to check in! I suggest Row Nyc look up the term "first impression" in marketing - they might learn a thing or two.
Also, observing the check-in staff I noticed they were not in a hurry getting people checked in - they were just casually telling people what to do during the day, where to go to eat, etc. when around hundred people in line were fuming over the situation. Absolutely ridiculous! They didn't even apologize when it was finally my turn. The room was on the 18th floor - rather small but had most I needed. The cleaning staff could have done a better job - for example, there was a bottle cork on the floor in my bathroom. The rooms are very poorly insulated - I could hear the snoring of the person next doors let alone everything else! Also, first night I woke up because on the side of the building where my room is there is an old "Milford Plaza" sign attached to it - and there is something inside the sign that rattles in the wind - was driving me crazy! The 2nd night I woke up because the a/c unit, which had not emitted a peep the whole stay, decided to start - and holy moly, it was like a 747 had entered the room! The beds were a bit too soft as well so apart waking up tired I had body aches. I will be contacting Priceline soon about this hotel. Really hope I won't land on this one again for my next trip in June.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Tolli
Don_Jacinto, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Tolli,

Thank you for your review. I understand why you would be “fuming” as, in all seriousness, I would be too! The issues you have reported are completely unacceptable and neither represent the Row NYC that I know nor the one I take pride in introducing to others. I am sincerely sorry for the inconveniences you suffered and am having each of the issues you highlighted in your review investigated thoroughly by the appropriate departments so as to prevent them from impacting future guests. Again, thank you for your candor – it can only help us to improve.

- Don