“Great Location & Nice Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Row NYC Hotel
Ranked #337 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“Great Location & Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed at the Row NYC this weekend and had a very nice experience. We arrived very early Saturday morning, the desk staff was pleasant and they checked us it right away - 8:30 a.m! The room was small/cozy, but very clean & updated. Nice clean bathroom and shower. The hotel is in a great location for Theater District/Times Square exploring. When I go to NYC, I go to spend the vast majority of my time out & about in the city so Im looking for value, cleanliness and a good area. The Row NYC fit all those criteria & ended up being more. Enjoyed the stay and would go back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,396)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Island Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at Row NYC during the week. The people at the front desk were very nice and even when I checked out at noon, they let me store my bag with them until that evening. They also had several laptops for guests to use in the lobby, which I thought was very nice. It was my first time staying in a hotel in Manhattan so I was very excited. The room was very clean, temperature was good, bathroom had plenty of towels and washcloths. Television worked. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have stayed at the Milford Plaza (Row NYC Hotel) three times now. I will continue to return as it is basic, clean and cheap accommodation which couldn't be much closer to Times Square.

The room I stayed in this time was half the size of the room I stayed in before the hotel was renovated but it really didn't matter as you don't go to New York to sit in your room. They now have free wireless internet in the room which they didn't have before. We stayed in room 2107 which was really high up so had great views.

Don't book this hotel if you are looking for luxury but it's a great base for a trip to New York and I would stay again.

1 Thank Kmg1982
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at an alternate hotel in NYC for 10 days, went to Chicago for a weekend and came back to NYC for two nights, staying at this hotel. I have absolutely nothing nice to say about this hotel - we stayed here as following our Chicago stay, the prices in NYC increased significantly in preparation for St Patricks Day and this hotel was cheap. You definitely get what you pay for!

Pros:
- Location

Cons:
- Room and bathroom size are tiny.
- Room was dirty - lipstick stains and a dirty sink, floor wasn't clean either.
- For a hotel that was recently 'upgraded', room paint was chipped and looked of poor quality.
- Wifi was complimentary for one device - we had to pay for use of other devices
- Elevator; always a huge line - have to select a floor prior to entering the elevator which always resulted in chaos in the lobby! When I asked to walk up the stairs, I was told we were not able to use the stairs to get to our room.
- Check in/out was slow, always a line!
- TV channels - no program and cable went out
- Staff were generally not very friendly or helpful!

Huge disappointment and will not be recommending this hotel to anyone!

2 Thank Stephanie2192
Don_Jacinto, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Stephanie2192,

I cannot apologize enough that you had such a negative experience at our hotel. Nonetheless, I would like to thank you for your candid review and for highlighting the deficiencies you encountered – these can only help us to improve. I sincerely hope that during your next visit to the States you will give us the opportunity to show you the side of Row NYC of which we are exceedingly proud. Safe travels!

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because it was pretty cheap and centrally located.

Pros: Close to Times Square, Theatre District, Subway. If you get a king bed room it's decent sized.

Cons: The front desk staff are HORRIBLE! So rude and not helpful at all. Don't even pick up the phone when you call down there. The queen bed rooms are stupidly small. There was a weird smell pretty much everywhere on our floor.

Conclusion: Will not ever stay here again. Pay the extra $50/night and stay somewhere else. I personally LOVE The Distrikt Hotel and should have stayed there again this trip. Lesson learned.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy M
Dear Tracy M,

Thank you for your honest assessment of your stay at our hotel. I am deeply sorry that you had a negative experience with us. Please know that I take the issues you highlighted with regard to our staff members and the phones very seriously and am personally looking into these matters. You should also know that, since your stay in February, we have proudly launched as a new hotel, Row NYC. I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to correct the experience you previously had and to show you the side of Row NYC for which we are exceedingly proud. Safe travels!

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Where to stay in NYC? The family decided that a Broadway show was a good thing to do and Air Canada Vacations had a great package to the ROW - so we booked it!
The Post Reno Pictures of the former Milford Plaza Hotel is about the best as it gets. Don't get me wrong, it's great value and centrally located in Times Square. The Lobby and guest areas are great, trendy, and looks wonderful. That's where it ends.
The rooms are cramped. The washrooms reminds me of the ones in the airplanes + a tub. The room reno's were a coat of paint and some glue.
Things to check for when you get in. Ensure that housekeeping vacuumed the carpet. I know it's close quarters and the vacuum may not reach everywhere but that's not my fault.
I didn't realize that there was a space between the bed frame and the wall hung head board. Once I dropped something in it, it was a no chance to recover zone. I looked into the crevice and found garbage, food remnants, and tissue (let's not think of what it was used for). I would have changed rooms but when I went and saw my kids' room had the same stuff, I just made the best of it. A bright spot - the beds were comfortable!
Be prepared to go out for every meal. The morning breakfast is not a hearty American style one - it is a basic grab and run continental. At night, it becomes a pizza place with drinks.
The entertainment at the bar was ok. Live band and a pretty singer knocking out the oldies - talking about oldies, there were a bunch of seniors doing old style dancing - fun to watch.
Let's get back to the rooms, we stayed four nights. The first night was uneventful except for the heating and cooling - it was noisy and really strange. The room gets hot so the machine noisily changes to cooling. It overcools and then changes to heating! Sleeping through that was a challenge (nothing a couple drinks didn't solve for me - hehe). On the third night, I guess one of the rooms became occupied. Everytime they flushed the toilet, it sounded like an animal was being put out of its misery! Lucky the guests didn't do too many late night killings.
This would have been a "1" but I gave them a "2" rating because the front staff are hardworking and great. Jennifer checked us in and gave us what she could to keep the two rooms as close together as possible. When the first room for my wife and me was not going to work, Rob quickly changed it for us. Patrick worked the crowd - he must be the hardest working man in hospitality. Instructed us on the use of the unique elevator system, talked up the bar and entertainment scene, friendly to everyone and kept on staying busy!
I do love New York but I think next time I'll find another part to stay and come into Times Square for a day and catch a show. The Central Park area is nice. That would be the way I'd ROW.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank WearyWanderer_TO
Dear WearyWanderer_TO,

Thank you for your thoughtful review of our hotel (as well as your refreshing humor). Our goal at Row NYC is to create positive, memorable experiences for our guests and I am sincerely sorry that, with you, we seem to have missed our mark. I am, however, extremely glad that you had such wonderful encounters with our staff and, further, that you enjoyed our prime location and trendy guest areas and lobby. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you “how we ROW” – as we would love nothing more than to turn this mixed experience around for you. Hope to see you soon!

Massapequa, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

My Husband was working late in Manhattan for 2 nights straight so we decided to make a night of it and booked a hotel in the city so he wouldn't have to commute home at 2:00am.
Check-in was ok. Front desk receptionists were a little cold and looked overworked and untidy given the nature of the hotel.
Its very nice that they have the computers available to guests.
I liked the elevator systems of entering your hotel number and being directed to the next available elevator, this system works great and I highly recommend it to other hotels in the area.
The rooms are normal - on a New York City Hotel point of view. If you're from out of town please be prepared for this at pretty much any place you go. The bath tubs though are actually abnormally large globally which is great!. The beds were ok, the view was amazing from the 25th floor, the provided shampoo and conditioner I'd suggest bringing your own as these were sub-par.
I wish they had room service & in-room movies but no biggie.
A 5 minute call to home in Long Island, (which is a 25 minute drive a-way), cost me $14.00, so be advised to keep your cell phones charged.
It's very nice that check out was 12:00pm and not the normal 11:00am.
All & all it was not a bad experience at all given the bargain price we got from a travel site. Just remember to bring plenty of snacks and drinks for your room :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank IrishMama2014
Don_Jacinto, General Manager at Row NYC Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear IrishMama2014,

Thanks for your review! I am so glad that you found our hotel efficient and enjoyed our great views. Likewise, I’m glad you were able to appreciate our avant garde elevator system (we’re very proud of it!). We hope to see you back here next time you and your husband decide to make the best out of “the city that never sleeps”/late nights at work!