“super hero tour is great.”

The Celebrity Planet
$50.00*
Brooklyn Food Tour
Ranked #337 of 642 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Sightseeing in New York? Looking for the cooler, different New York attractions? We offer the best New York tours for tourists interested in celebrity, pop culture, film, chocolate, and just generally finding out a bit more about New York than the average Joe. Our awesome range of New York tours caters for all tastes.
Reviewed January 15, 2011

i have loved reading and watching movies of my favorite superheros since i was a kid. this tour brought everything to life. to stand where superman walked, to see where spiderman swung, and to actually walk into marvel headquarters was an adventure absolutely worth taking. this tour is in depth and very informative. i loved learning about what i had been so passionate about for years.

1  Thank jedimasterjustin

Reviewed December 2, 2010

I have never heard of chocolate tours until moving to NYC. It may sound a little silly, but it was surprisingly entertaining and delicious. Our tour guide (I don't remember his name) was amazing! He was such a great guide, he knew the ins and outs of chocolate itself, the chocolate making process, and basically everything that you never even think about when buying chocolate. It was enlightening to say the least! And his great sense of humor made it enjoyable (unlike some lecture-type tours). As you walk from shop to shop he talks about the city itself, cool facts about different buildings and history, etc.

Now for the chocolate. Oh my goodness, if you have not been to these "chocolate boutiques" you do not know what you are missing!! Unlike 'regular' chocolate you buy in the store, these were melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness! and we got to try a whole range of flavors (from salty to passionfruit to caipirinha). I will only buy chocolate from those stores now, nothing compares.

Even as a new yorker, the tour was still fun and the chocolate of course, unlike anything I've ever had. I totally recommend Celebrity Planet Chocolate Tour for any woman (or man) who appreciates chocolate, whether you live here or are just visiting.

3  Thank kellymburke
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I have been to NYC countless times in the past and on this particular trip I wanted to do something different. I found the Superhero tour of New York and thought that it sounded like it could be fun. It went beyond my expectations! The guide, Paul, was a fountain of superhero and comic book knowledge. We saw sights from Superman, Spider-man, The Fantastic Four, Kick-a*s and so many others that I can't even remember! We ended the tour and this really cool bar/restaurant that has hundreds of hand drawn comics on the wall from the actual original artist! What a hidden gem and huge surprise for the tour! Great way to end a fantastic afternoon! If you are looking for something different and fun and entertaining to do in the NYC, this tour is it!

1  Thank camel198
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I booked the Sex and the City walking tour for my sister who's visiting from out of town and loves the show. (She's a Charlotte, apparently.) I've never particularly been interested in it, but figured I could deal with hearing about it for an hour and a half.

Our tour guide (Melissa, I think) was fantastic. She was so into the show and knew so many details that I found myself actually caring. Then - and I really didn't expect this - in between the show's landmarks, she pointed out historical landmarks and facts that I never knew about. Despite having lived in New York for 10+ years, I had never been to the High Line and knew nothing about its past. The way she went back and forth between talking about the show and New York's history was brilliant and made the time fly by.

My only criticism is that our tour started at 6pm - half an hour later it was too dark to take decent pictures. If you go, book an earlier tour!

When we got home, we watched a few episodes. (My sis brought her DVDs.) I totally recognized the cupcake store we stopped at on the tour while watching! While I still hate Sarah Jessica Parker, the rest of the girls are okay. lol. So thank you, Melissa (or was it Michelle?) for giving me something to talk to my sister about.

Reviewed September 7, 2010

Booked this tour via the internet whilst in New York. Tried to call to book but just generic message they will call back. Was really short of time and forfeited a part of Lady Liberty and Ellis Island to make the rendezvous on time, a shame the guide couldn't be as punctual or even show up. Waited 35 mins and no show. Actually stood up. Couldn't believe it. A paying customer stood up like I was nothing, a nobody. I felt so embarrassed , in desperation, asking complete strangers looking like they were waiting or looking for someone (rendezvous a busy restaurant) if they were from Celebrity Planet only to be given blank or negative responses. Celebrity Planet put me in such an embarrasing situation. A whole host of excuses went through my mind as to why they didn't show up but no excuses and at a loss as to why the customer care is so seriously lacking.

Left the rendezvous and called, finding a pay phone but got the usual leave a message and someone will call you back. Unable for them to contact me as my phone had no service, left a message to refund, email and explain why no show. Checked emails on return home and only received a couple of automated confirmation of booking emails. Put a dispute of payment via paypal to refund the money - still no email explaining or apology from Celebrity Planet - just appalling. Thank goodness payment was through paypal otherwise I don't know how I would have got my money back as they don't respond to emails or call, I gave my home number when booking but no call. Dispute through paypal issued a refund and fully refunded.

Such a shame as their website looked so good and promised so much. I had limited time in New York and the SATC walking tour was the perfect length of time for me and good value for money compared to others on offer. They do a Marvel superheroes tour which my son would love and going to New York again, before this, I would have considered using them but after this it's a case of once bitten twice shy. Didn't check them out on Trip advisor and so wish I had as they have had mixed reviews and like my tour one reviewer has also stated how they didn't show up but were refunded.

As well as my money back, which I now thankfully have, I just want an explanation really as to why they marred my New York break on the last full day and wasted my precious time on a very tight schedule.

Book at your own risk and get assurance from them that the guide will be on time or even show up at all!!

4  Thank michie40