“Great tour”

and up
Ghosts of New York Walking Tour
Ranked #321 of 619 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Sightseeing in New York? Looking for the cooler, different New York attractions? We offer the best New York tours for tourists interested in celebrity, pop culture, film, chocolate, and just generally finding out a bit more about New York than the average Joe. Our awesome range of New York tours caters for all tastes.
Liverpool
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have just returned form New York and have got to say, this was a highlight!!!
Paul was full of information and was more than happy to answer any of our questions. Usaully these tours are very rigid but he was more than happy to indulge us, especially as my daughter is a super hero nut. Would definitely do again.

Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I went on this tour from a deal off of Groupon. I only recommend taking this tour if you are getting a discount. It honestly isn't worth the full price. You DO learn little facts and tidbits about New York that you would have probably not known otherwise. On our tour, we visited 7 places. It is very safe to say that not all bakeries are created equal. Some of the 7 we visited were outstanding and some deserve to be kicked off the of the tour as they do not deserve the foot traffic that this tour brings. The first outstanding bakery we visited was Magnolia. What a gem of a place. They provided full-sized cupcakes and they were heavenly. I took their menu to go back and visit in the future. Milk and Cookies bakery was also very high quality and unique. They gave us each a huge chocolate cookie and you can order a custom ice cream sandwich there(not included in the price of the tour). The staff was very warm and inviting as well, and they have a cozy seating arrangement. Li-Lac Chocolates was terrible. A tiny stuffy place with little variety in what they sell. The sample they gave us tasted like a little turd and their chocolates start at around 35$ per pound. The rest of the places were alright. A small detail also worth mentioning is that the tour guide left us at one of the places. Yes, he took the group and left us. At each stop, you are encouraged to make your own purchases if you want and the tour guide waits while everyone finishes up. At one of the places, my boyfriend and I were at the register paying for a purchase and when we turned around the group was gone. They had went down a block and made a turn and if we were not lucky enough to spot them then our tour would have been cut in half. I'm not sure if this was done intentionally or by accident, but either way it does not look good. Also, just know that if you want to bring any goodies home, you have to to purchase them yourself. The amount of chocolate you receive is very minimal. If you want good chocolate, I recommend just visiting Magnolia Bakery, Milk and Cookies, or Pasteria Bruno. Also note that you do not end up at the same place you started(Chelsea Market) so if you are not city savvy, you will need to know how to get back on your own.

Visited February 2013
Clifton Park, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Chocolate tour with Alex”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This tour was great and Alex made it so entertaining! We had a Groupon which made it an amazing bargain. I highly recommend it! We started at Chelsea Market with hot chocolate and then went to 2 chocolate stores, 2 bakeries and 2 more chocolate stores. Some of the chocolate samples are small but the bakeries were extremely filling! I learned so many things it was as much a walking tour as a chocolate tour.

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome Chocolate Tour!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My partner and I went on the chocolate tour, and it was fantastic! Shannon was our tour guide, and she was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and very friendly. The tour was a lot of fun and we got to taste a lot more than we were expecting. The tour includes a whole Magnolia cupcake and a big cookie from Milk & Cookies, and about 6 other smaller tastings. It took about 2 and a half hours, and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes chocolate!

Visited December 2012
Rocky River
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Chocolate Tour of New York”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked our reservation for this tour online months prior to visiting and by using a Groupon. We had no problem with our reservation and had a wonderful time on the tour. It lasts about 2 to 2 hours and a quarter hours. Plan for a lot of walking.

The tour starts at Chelsea Market which is fabulous in itself. There are great stores and restaurants here, including one where they serve a lobster meal that looked fabulous. Luckily, we got here much earlier than the tour starting time so we could see most of the market. We did not know initially that the tour starts at Chelsea Market but ends in Soho so it's hard to double back to the original starting point. I would have been disappointed if I couldn't have toured Chelsea Market.

Our tour guide was great fun and so personable. He even gave us his cell phone number just in case anyone lost sight of the group. I would recommend this tour to all and feel it was with the $30 for two of us to do.

Stops included chocolate stores and stops for cannolis and cupcakes at the famous Magnolia Bakery. Besides having a yummy experience sampling all the foods, some neighborhood history is told and you get to experience the neighborhood culture while meeting many other people also taking the tour with you.

Visited November 2012