“Reservation handled poorly”

and up
Dessert Walking Tour in New York City: Cupcakes, Cookies, and Gelato
Ranked #304 of 603 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Sightseeing in New York? Looking for the cooler, different New York attractions? We offer the best New York tours for tourists interested in celebrity, pop culture, film, chocolate, and just generally finding out a bit more about New York than the average Joe. Our awesome range of New York tours caters for all tastes.
Oyster Bay, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Reservation handled poorly”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I booked a Chocolate Tour through Groupon with Celebrity Planet for June 30th. However, due to bad weather conditions I called the company a day before and rescheduled with them for October 6th at 5PM. At 12 Noon on the 6th, I received a phone call asking where I was for the tour. I told the director that I had expressly booked the 5PM tour on the 6th, not the 12 Noon. Anyway, when I called to find out what happened, I was told they had made an error and the 5PM tour was sold out and we could not go on it. I was then offered a date in January to reschedule. The operator had asked me why I failed to confirm the change via e-mail, which I was never told had to be done. Is it the customer's responsibility to do this or the tour company?

Visited October 2012
thecelebrityplanet, Manager at The Celebrity Planet, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
We are very sorry that you had a poor experience with the Chocolate Tour. This by no means represents the standard of service we set ourselves, and one unhappy customer is one too many. Our sincere apologies, and we would be grateful if you could take the time to email ferry@voidtravel.net with your original booking details so that we can investigate the issue. Thank you!

Bay Shore, New York
“Chocolate Walking Tour”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

A friend bought 4 tickets through Groupon and it was our first Groupon experience. It will not be our last. We had a great time learning about chocolate and our city from our tour guide Alex McKenzie (sp?). He was full of information and tidbits about everything around us. Not once did he sound like he was reciting facts from a guide book. It was a beautiful NYC day and the walk was refreshing as were the chocolate samples. No complaints from any of us.

Visited September 2012
Bronx, New York
“Walk, Talk, and Chocolate”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just came back from a Celebrity Planet Chocolate Tour led by our guide, Keaton. Our tour was really well organized from hot chocolate to start us off (chocolate was first consumed as a liquid) to unique flavors like mango paprika white chocolate to chocolate in its baked good varieties (cupcakes, cookies, cannolis). Keaton was friendly, informative, and good at keeping the group on track. This is the perfect tour for anyone with a sweet tooth and an interest in finding gems in the city. There is a significant amount of walking but that helps to digest since everything is very rich. It would have been nice if milk were offered. But besides that, no complaints! I would recommend this tour for tourists and native New Yorkers, alike.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Chocolate Tour of New York”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Before we went on this tour, we were slightly concerned because of the reviews we read on here (we bought a Groupon for the chocolate tour), but we can now honestly say that we thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Our tour guide, Shannen (sp?) was, to put it simply, amazing. Really personable, funny and pleasant. She had a good knowledge of chocolate history and interesting information and facts on all of the shops that we visited.
Everything was delicious, some sample sizes were quite small (for example, the pure chocolate tasting was usually a very small piece), but others had full cupcakes (Magnolia Bakery, for all SATC fans) and cannoli (Bruno's bakery in Greenwich). For us at least, it was a good mixture of small samples and whole desserts (with 8 stops in total). Prices in the shops ranged from $3-4 for a cookie/cupcake/small slab of chocolate, to $8 for larger bars of chocolate. Slightly on the higher end, but worth it for the quality of the sweets.
There was a bit of walking- roughly two miles altogether, but as long as you're wearing comfortable shoes, it shouldn't be an issue.
The first stop (in Chelsea Market) was one of the highlights for us; Jaques Torres' wicked hot chocolate was great. We'll be buying tins of it to take back after our holiday.
Overall, a great experience (lasted just over 2 hours), that we would most likely pay for even without the Groupon deal we got.

Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Superhero Tour of NY: Great for comic enthusiasts!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband (a comic book enthusiast) and I went on the "Superhero Tour of NY' in early June 2012. The tour began in a comic book store directly across from the Empire State Building and lasted approximately 2 hours.

Our guide, Paul Lepelletier, was extremely well informed and I (not being a comic book enthusiast) actually enjoyed the tour and learned a lot of interesting facts about the origin and progression of comics.

The walking was not strenuous at all. We stopped frequently along our route and Paul kept us engaged by quizzing us about different movies/ actors/ comics which kept the tour quite interesting.

I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting New York~ even if you aren't interested in comics. It's a great way to explore a NY in a different way and it'll even make you look at some older, drab buildings in a whole new light after you learn what has happened in them.

Visited June 2012