“GENE'S, cheap good coffee shop food , 7 days a week til 7:00pm”
Review of Gene's Coffee Shop - CLOSED

Gene's Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Description: A great American diner - just off 5 th Avenue. Fantastic food, fantastic service, fantastic value. Full of locals, strongly recommend!
New York City, New York
“GENE'S, cheap good coffee shop food , 7 days a week til 7:00pm”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Don't expect environment here as I don't tell viewers of tripadvisor that every restaurant is a glamour spot. But, one thing I guarantee is delicious comfort food. Do you like a good sandwhich Gyro made with lamb pita bread and yogurt mint a liitle tomato and lettuce. The very best matza ball soup with thin noodles and fresh chicken stock. I have had western omelets with ham onion and peppers . Last night I had myself a vegetarian omelet and my son had the feta and tomato omelet.This place really makes a light de-caf coffee if your a non caffeine drinker. Their cappuccino coffee with eggs and salami sandwhich is lickity split delicious. I can't imagine that their chocolate milk was so evenly blended that I had a second cup. Hey listen it's not a pretty fancy place and not the tidiest but I really can tell you that the food is worth every penny that you pay and it's veryy satisfying. Lunch for two is around 15.00 not bad for a good meal. And I frequent this warm inviting coffee shop on snowy or rainy days when I need a pick-me up . Anyway enjoy!

• Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
“We love this place!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I work in the neighborhood and grab lunch here sometimes, mostly because it's a true "NEW YORK DINER" and there's absolutely anything you want, the food is great, and they are really nice. Excellent soups and especially love the matzoh ball in the winter. They deliver, too, and are very quick.

• Visited January 2013
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Good, quick meal”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stopped in for a quick breakfast and coffee. It's a cute little diner and I was surprised to see so many buisness people in there. The service was quick the food was good and the prices were reasonable just what I was looking for. The table next to us had 2 kids that ordered hot chocolate. It was cute because the waiter brought the whip cream to the table and put it on the daughters hot chocolate. He would ask her if she wanted more which she kept saying yes so he would add more and after 3 times he laughed and had her hold out her hand and gave her a little extra. It was cute to see that even when they were busy he took time out like that to make her smile.

• Visited December 2012
Merseyside
“Clam chowder”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

A couple of weeks ago we called in for lunch and had the clam chowder. It was delicious! Great to people watch too. It was covered in scaffolding which may put some people off but don't let it, it is great .

• Visited August 2012
Rocky Point, New York
“Pretty good!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Small, but a typical NYC diner. Food was really good & the servers were great. Would recommend if you would like a QUICK casual meal that won't break the bank!!

Visited April 2012