Walking Tours Manhattan
Review Highlights
Sandemans walking tour new york

Fantastic tour of New York with Walter who was very knowledgeable and friendly. Two and a half hour... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
lucyrH2513BK
Berlin, Germany
via mobile
Tasty Tour

Bruce was a great tour guide. He was super pleasant and informative. After reading other reviews I... read more

Reviewed September 30, 2018
569mariselac
El Paso, Texas
via mobile

All reviews dumplings cannoli awesome tour new york food tour soho information guide nyc company
Selected filters
Reviewed December 12, 2018

Was so looking forward to this tour but came away extremely disappointed! Went to 4 places for what amounted to nothing more than snacks. At two of the places we had to eat outside in freezing temperatures! One place allowed us inside so we could stand in a corner & snack. Last place we actually got to sit down. None of the places offered us anything to drink! Think twice before booking.

1  Thank carolerjones
Reviewed December 11, 2018

This was to be one of the highlights of our trip to NY. The summary suggested we would have a lunch IN these restaurants however we sat on a bench on the sidewalk in the cold and ate a slice of pizza, then stood inside a small shop for a slice of salami and cheese then on the a small but delicious cannoli as we walked. Then a walk to china town for pork dumplings. No sight seeing was included. This was not what the write up had suggested. DO NOT TAKE THIS TOUR!

Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

Decided on a last minute trip to NYC on arrival we decided what we going to do. Friends from SA where there and suggested we join them on this particular tour. So on the day I booked for my daughter and I. I read one or tour reviews and the tour guide was rated good.
It was a cold raining day and we met our guide in Soho. We were a group of about 12 people a total of 6 from South Africa. We walked to Little Italy no head phones so if there was any worthwhile information and you were at the back of the line or not walking next to the guide you will not hear it. 1st pizza restaurant we sat outside the restaurant and we were all given one slice of pizza with a little history of the pizzeria. 2nd place was a bakery were we once again stood on the road and was given a small cannoli to taste and from the next shop 1 type of cheese and salami. We then walked to China town and was finally invited inside the restaurant to sit down and have steam dumplings. The dumplings were very oily and so average tasting. I am know convinced that most tours are a waste of money. A total cost of 96 dollars on someone taking us to 4 different places was a waste of money and my time.
Our friends felt the same and were embarrassed for asking us to join them.

Reviewed December 8, 2018

Don't waste your money. Food was mediocre. Had to eat outside on paper plates in 30 degree weather. There was no mention of the cast-iron building in So-ho nor the Church Of The Most Precious Blood. After tour, went for dinner.

Reviewed December 8, 2018

THIS IS WHAT THE WEBSITE SAYS....This 2-hour tour offers a full dinner in 4 delicious, authentic New York shops and restaurants. First we’ll have thin-crust pizza with fresh tomato sauce, then we’ll enter Little Italy for the oldest cheese shop in America, for soppresata, an Italian salami and cheese.

Then we cross the street and have a cannoli at Ferrara’s. We’ll continue to walk down Mulberry street, the heart of Little Italy, a busy culinary destination for outdoor cafes. Crossing Canal Street, we enter into Chinatown, the second largest Chinese neighborhood in the country. Our journey will be rewarded with great pork dumplings. Vegan option available.

We will visit a historic cast-iron building in SoHo, dating back to 1872. This building was built to house sweat shops employing immigrant workers earning pennies an hour, and is now home to one of the greatest shopping districts in New York City. We’ll see the Church of the Most Precious Blood, which holds the statue of the Patron Saint of Rome, San Genaro, named for the feast held once a year in September.

All foods are included in the SoHo/Little Italy/Chinatown Dinner Tour, but beverages are additional.
FIRST, I will say that the food we received was good, and our guide Bruce was friendly and nice...but the tour was not what was expected or publicized. When it says " a full dinner in 4 delicious, authentic New York shops and restaurants, that was partly correct... We ate 1 slice of pizza at Lombardi's, a slice of cheese & salami at Alleva's, a canolli about 2 1/2" long at Ferrara's , and 4 dumplings at Tasty Dumpling. No beverages...Never have I been on a food tour that beverages were not included. Above this were the conditions!!!! We knew we would be walking...fine, but had to stand outside 2 of the four establishments in 30 DEGREE weather to eat the measeley offering ! We were a group of 8 ladies (70 + - years old) When Bruce's nose dripped snot onto the pizza box- I turned away! I expressed my concerns with him of our not being able to go inside to sit down. This was Lombardi's Pizza place! Bruce told me the owner of the food tour put the quality of the food above everything else. What about the common decency of making your clients comfortable and welcome?At Ferrara's, I had placed my purse on top of a box to get something out, and the clerk told me matter of factly not to put my things on the box! How rude...I didn't disturb the box! The dumpling stop was the only one that we went inside to eat and sit down. We DID NOT see the cast-iron building in SoHo, or the Church of the Most Precious Blood. This tour was totally misrepresented and a sham. DO NOT TAKE THIS TOUR! I will be asking for a refund!!