Tripadvisor
New York City
3,009 results
All reviews radio city music hall purified water terrace club great location sister hotel club quarters new york patrick's cathedral times square central park living room free coffee top of the rock superior room fifth avenue small hotel would definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

We just got back from a weekend staying here and we loved it.
Although the room was not big, which is by New York standards not a big deal, it was very clean and super quiet.
Location of hotel is literally across street from Rockefeller Center and is close for walking all areas in midtown. Right off Fifth Ave, you can hop on a bus to head downtown. Subways were also very close.
The second floor had complimentary, fresh grounded coffee and a sitting area.
Parking is a block and a half away for a discounted price of $40 a night - a bargain for New York
Not a fancy place, but well appointed and super quiet if not facing the street. We were in 606 that faced the atrium and it was the most quiet hotel I have ever stayed in while visiting New York.
I think I found my go to place when visiting the city.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

What a great find! Easy in and out, awesome location, comfy beds, clean hotel with clean smells! Our room was small but on the corner with a terrace so it didn’t feel small and was designed smart. Besides, we spent all of our time out of the room exploring :) I won’t look anywhere else when visiting the city from now on! Thank you Jewel and staff for making our stay great!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2020

The hotel is literally across Rockefeller Center so everything is walking distance! I worked across the street so it was extremely convenient. The restaurants on the area are very good as well. You must try Brasserie Ruhlmann at Rockefeller Center! The menu is delish! The room I had was small but it functional with a cute view. The hotel provides excellent service! Everyone was very helpful and kind.

Room tip: Rooms facing Rockefeller Center
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2020

we picked this hotel for my daughters birthday because it is right next door to American Girl doll store. check in was quick and they gave us a late check out since upgrades were sold out. the lobby and hallways were small but not cramped. there was a coffee station on the 2nd floor along with water stations on every floor. we loved that part. the room was clean and as part of the package had an American Girl doll bed in there. also waiting for us was cookies and milk and a coupon for breakfast. the location was great, it wasnt noisy and the beds were comfortable. the only thing I didnt care for was there was no lock on the bathroom door or a fan in there. besides that great hotel.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

We loved our stay at The Jewel Hotel. Excellent location, clean, friendly staff. Thank you. Loved the water stations on each floor. Our room was cleaned everyday. We opted for a bigger room with a terrace and was well worth the extra money. Thank you.

Date of stay: December 2019