I have stayed in many hotels over my traveling experience. I did like the Jewel, but I was not thrilled with the price I paid for the room I got. Here are my Pros and Cons:
* The location is great that is for sure. It is across the street from Rockefeller Center and very close to Radio City Music Hall and Times Square.
* Free (included in your hotel cost) wifi in your room and on the second floor computer centre.
* Cool fresh bottled water stations on each floor that you can take as you explore the city.
*Fairly quite hotel when it comes to sleeping.
* The lobby is just weird. Not a big deal..... trying to act fashionable I think.
* Went in and out many times and not once did the person on the "front desk" say hi or even acknowledge me. Hotel business is the people business people.
* The rooms are small and even worse for my 360.00usd per night my view on the 3rd floor window was all of the air conditioners (room 303 is to be avoided). Of course the air conditioners ran all the time, but I got used to the noise and it was better then other NYC noises. I have to say that the room was clean, the bathroom used the space well and the shower was good. The bed mattress was very poor. Not a high quality comfortable sleep mattress. Felt more like a pull out mattress from a couch mattress ;(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jewel Facing Rockefeller Center is a full service hotel with 135 rooms located opposite Rockefeller Center, steps away from the famous skating rink, Christmas tree, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Saks Fifth Avenue, Museum of Modern Art and Radio City Music Hall. Minutes from world class shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The Jewel Facing Rockefeller Center is the best value hotel based on quality and the prime location. The Jewel Facing Rockefeller Center provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Instant registration and check out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Nearby restaurant • Multi-menu in room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 3 meeting and event rooms available nearby (maximum reception style 55 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Value rates ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Jewel facing Rockefeller Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jewel Facing Rockefeller Hotel New York City