Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $35.00
from $99.00
from $64.00
2,686 results
All reviews night tour day pass hop on hop off bus downtown tour new york statue of liberty allan france tour guides are your bearings top deck lower manhattan brooklyn bridge big apple empire state top of the rock uptown nyc
Reviewed 2 days ago

Wanted to do a hop on hop off tour so chose this company since they offer different packages. For the most part it was good. We did all the tours except for the Brooklyn tour since its limited the times that it runs and we found it easier just to walk over the Brooklyn bridge. There was only 1 time that we had to wait for another bus because the bus was too full for us, but it was around 4 PM which would be a busy time to take the tours. But even so the wait was only around 20 minutes. Getting on the buses did take time since they had to scan everyone's ticket every time. I feel there could be quicker ways to get everyone on the buses. The guides were a hit or miss. Some were great and some seemed like they could care less and then some times it was just a recording you could listen to. One thing I found difficult was finding the stops. There was a few times we were wandering trying to find exactly where the bus was going to stop so we didn't miss getting on it. If there are people selling tickets they would direct us but not all the stops had people at them. My favorite was the night tour so definitely make sure there is time for it. Overall it was a good experience and enjoyed the tours.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Very educational and informative tour put on by Viking Cruise Line. Touched on all the important sites including the World Trade Center with a Knowledgeable and Entertaining Tour Guide

Julia K, Public Relations Manager at City Sightseeing New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

thanks for your feedback. glad you had a good time. come again soon

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We flew from Manchester airport to JFK airport on the 5th November for a 4 night- 5 day trip to celebrate my daughters upcoming 18th birthday. I will run through our itinerary for the trip with both positive and negative experiences but will also review restaurants and trips separately in more detail to keep the post shorter in length.

We started by booking the Escape lounge in Terminal 1 to avoid the queues which is a brilliant way to relax before your flight.

On arrival in New York we found the airport shockingly understaffed to a level which felt they were surprised that planes full of people had arrived.
Once through airport security we were met by our transfer.

We had booked a return limo with drinks for roughly $350 as a treat for my daughter, also as a party of 6 people two separate transfers would have cost us $120 each way so why not do it in style. Raymond our limo guy was very friendly and polite and we were picked up promptly at both ends. Just a note of caution the drinks were an additional cost after the first bottle.

The transfer took around 1hr 15mins until we arrived at our hotel The Gallivant on West 48th st and 8th Avenue. This is a great central location just around the corner from Times Square and made an ideal base to start our exploring. It was clean and facilities were adequate for the price paid with a comfy bed, air con although very noisy. Showers were good and the room came with a safe which was reassuring and at no additional charge. Rooms were small and some had fridges some had not??

Overall I would stay here again without a doubt but we all found the reception staff very rude, unhelpful and abrupt at all times. This does not include the front of house staff including the bell men who were totally the opposite.

Day 1 finished for us with a meal at The View, as the name would suggest you meal comes with a view in a rotating restaurant at the top of a building on West 46th street in between 7th & 8th Avenue. Lovely food we had the set three course menu at $89 pp. A great start to the holiday.

Day 2- we woke up to some bad weather so changed our plans slightly. We visited the Natural History Museum at 77th Street just of Central Park West. We used our New York Explorer passes to gain entry. We had opted for a 7 activity pass for our trip based on time and what we wanted to do and proved to be a great choice and saved our group a lot of money. The museum was great especially the dinosaurs and blue whale although we found it very clumsy to navigate around and find what we wanted to view. Overall well worth doing. We took the subway back into the main strip due to the weather costing us $3 each for a one way trip. You can buy a metro card for $30 for the whole week if you choose to use this as your main form of transport. They are very cheap, quick and easy to navigate but the stations are dirty. I wouldn’t put anyone off using them we just found it easier to walk most of the time. We grabbed a burger at Shakeshack on West 40th street 8th Avenue, busy but lovely fast food to get us refilled and back on our way. From here we went on the Big Bus tour around downtown. You can Hop on and hop off this all day long we choose to do the full tour in one go to give us an idea of the locations and where to go for the rest of our trip. Again we used our explorer pass to save us the ticket price of $62 pp for an unlimited 24 hour pass. This took around 2hr 30mins then back to the hotel to get ready for our Italian.
We had chosen to eat at Carmines off 7th Avenue West 44th St. What a choice!! This place was absolutely buzzing and the staff were all great. The meals served here are extremely big so we opted for three the meatballs, chicken and veal which we shared between 6. We got nowhere near finishing these three so no room for pudding. Food was amazing and I would go back here without hesitation. Back to the hotel in a food coma.

Day 3 started at Ellen’s stardust diner for breakfast located on 51st street just of Broadway. Typical American diner breakfast food with a twist of having upcoming and current broadway singers singing and serving your food. I will admit I didn’t know what to expect but it was brilliant and I could have stayed here for a lot longer. From here we jumped on the Bug bus tour again using our open tickets to save some money and took this down the the 9/11 memorial site and museum. I will it dwell on this place too much as it speaks for itself was nice to pay our respects and the museum tour in very informative and emotional. Again we use our passes for the third time. From here we walked across Brooklyn Bridge taking in the sites and went down the Washington street to take the famous picture of Manhattan bridge with the Empire State Building peeking through the arch. We stopped for lunch at Westville restaurant which was lovely. From here we got on the subway again back up to Grand Central Station on East 42nd St. We went to take some pictures of this amazing building. We walked back through Times Square for a bit of shopping then back to the hotel ready for our evening meal.
Dinner choice tonight was at Wolfgang Steakhouse on 4 Park Avenue. What a venue it felt like being in a movie full of local New Yorkers which is a good sign. It was loud but it added to the atmosphere. As stated above I have separately reviewed most restaurants and attractions I feel worthy of comment. The only thing I will say on here about this restaurant is it was the best steak I have ever tasted in my life. Again back to the hotel in another food coma.

Day 4- this was our last full day and without doubt our busiest. We started by going to the Rockefeller center on West 50th St 6th Avenue to beat the queues and get to the top, using our pass for the 4th time, the views speak for them self see pics. Then off for something to eat, today was fast food day the only way we would fit all out attractions in. We stopped at the library to view this impressive building and take some pics, strangely we didn’t see many books. Then onto Bryant Park just next door to sample the Xmas markets and go ice skating. Ice skating is free but it’s $20 pp for skate hire. From here we walked up to near Central Park to hire some bikes with our passes to ride around Central Park. Again I have separately reviewed but I will say this is well worth doing. Back to the hotel for a quick shower then we walked to Pier 83 on 12th Avenue to get the Harbour lights night cruise down Hudson River and around the Statue of Liberty. We used our passes again with an additional charge of $10 pp. absolutely brilliant way to see the city at night, the views seem to go for ever. Absolutely brilliant trip but freezing cold wrap up warm. This trip lasted 2 hours, we got off the tour and walked to 9th Avenue to eat as it had been recommended by several people to eat on the go. We must have been at the wrong end as we found nothing that appealed so decided to go up the Empire State Building for our nighttime roof top pics. Once back down. We had dollar pizza slices around the corner and then a taxi back to the hotel and off to bed after a 14hr day of sightseeing.

Day 5 woke up shattered. We ate at Juniors for breakfast lovely food but they forgot a few bits which were knocked off the bill. We then went to fifth Avenue for some last day shopping taking in Macy’s and Saks among others. Once we had spent up we went back for a last meal and a few beers at Hurleys bar which was next door to our hotel before being picked up for the airport.

What a trip such an amazing place. We would all go back in a heartbeat

thanks for your feedback. please come again soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We purchased tickets for the hop on hop off tour with a ferry ride to view the Statue of Liberty included. We purchased them from a street side vendor the day before our tour. The next morning we got on the bus close to our hotel. It was a cold windy day and we were going to sit in the bottom section but seating was limited and the windows were dimmed so up to the top we went, where the view was better. We were given ponchos, and ear phones to hear our tour guide. Our guide was Pamela and the bus driver was C.K. Pamela proceeded to point out different points of interest along the way and made the trip very interesting. She spoke clearly and made sure all were in their seats and made sure all knew rules while travelling. When we came to stops where you could get off, she was right there making certain that those who needed to, got off safely and in a timely manner. She was on the top with us and hustled to make sure she made it down to help passengers. Our tour was to have 18 stops. We got off at the 9/11 memorial and near the Statue of Liberty. We got on the ferry and that tour was great. Once we were done we proceeded back to a tour stop, and boarded another bus. This time our tour guide was not as good as the first. Didn't catch his name, but he shouted at one of the street side vendors from the bus company when we made a stop. Didn't hear the conversation, but lots of shouting. The tour guide didn't speak clearly, didn't seem to explain things in detail to make it interesting. We ended up passing a stop and some passengers had wanted to get off there, but then they discovered we were already past it. Definitely a change from the morning tour. The overall trip was very good. If you go on this tour, different vendors try to charge you different prices. Try for the best price. First half of tour better than the second half for sure. Would do it again if you could guarantee Pamela was our guide!

thanks for your feedback. will let the guide know.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We purchased four 10 attraction passes for our seven day break in New York. In hindsight we probably over estimated how many attractions we could fit into the week. I think we did 8 attractions. It would’ve been 9 attractions had the Sightseeing Pass website updated their website with the correct information for the Circle Landmark cruise. We made our way to the pier for 10:15 as advised by them for the 11am boat only to be told by Circle Line cruises that the trip was at 3pm and Sightseeing Pass did not have the correct information. This was very annoying as we had planned our whole day to include this. It would have been worse for people who were in NY for only a few days. Such a waste of time.
It was very easy to use the red Grayline hop on hop off buses. You don’t need to exchange your pass for a bus ticket. Just go to the bus stop. The assistant will scan your pass before you board the bus. We went on the Downtown, Brooklyn and Night tour. A word of warning, for the night tour, get on at the first stop as it is extremely popular and we had to wait for three buses before there was space. We were going to do the Uptown bus on the Sunday but it was the NY marathon. There are so many options on this pass and it was very easy to use on our mobile phones. We used the $40 vouchers to purchase Empire State Building tickets as that is not included in the pass. I would recommend this pass. ** Message for Sightseeing Pass - please ensure your website has up to date information **

Julia K, Guest Relations Manager at City Sightseeing New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

thanks for your feedback. please come again

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had the pleasure of visiting New York this week and decided to do a bus bus tour. We went with Gray Line city sight seeing. Our guide was a lovely man called ALLAN FRANCE, very funny person. The day we had was excellent, weather was great. The bus brings you to all the good tourist attractions. Uptown, downtown and midtown. And with the three day flexi pass you just hop off at any particular interest to you and when you're done just hop back on again to the next one. The tour covers everything. If you want to see New York this is the best way to do it. Our guide ALLAN was a local so knew the ins and outs of the hole island. Would highly recommend it.

thanks for your feedback. glad you enjoyed yourselves. we will inform Allan of he great job.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I brought the sightseeing flex pass for 6 attractions, for my stay of about 5 days. You can use your printed pass too. I used it for 9/11 museum, Top of the Rock, One world observatory, gulliver's gate, Ocean odyssey and hop on hop off bus. For those attractions, I think the pass is a good value. For the hop on hop off, they have changed the rule so you can just have your pass scanned if you want to go on the bus for the first time, instead of having to get a card on the day itself at the store.
What I find less is that the pass only offers fast track for a limited number of attractions. It wouldn't be such a problem if those attractions indeed have long line that you can skip, which was not the case. For example, it doesn't offer fast track for the 9/11 museum which is very busy and has a long line. And for Gulliver's Gate it offers one, while there was practically no line.
The hop on hop off bus is interesting if you want to get information about all the places, area, etc in the city. If you're lucky, you get a good guide on your bus who explains all those thing in a fun and nice way, which was the case on my rides.
If you want to visit many places in one day, I don't really recommend using the bus as you will lose a lot of time. I did the downtown one and the ride was slow (due to the traffic), and I didn't have the opportunity to take the uptown one because of that.

thanks for your feedback. sorry for your inconvenience. we can't control the traffic in NYC. we do our best to get the passengers to their destinations.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I got the 6 attraction flex pass which came with a $40 credit for an additional attraction as per their website. I later found out that the $40 credit is actually only good if you use it towards one of your 6 attractions which makes no sense as the 6 attractions are prepaid by this pass.
When I called to inquire about this I was simply told that they reserve the right to change the terms and conditions as they see fit, so they could decide to give you one attraction instead of 6 and get away with it. This was something that the customer service rep considered completely normal!
Furthermore, the pass itself did not work in a couple of locations which I wanted to go to.
Overall, because of misleading advertising and problems with the card I would definitely not recommend the same. There seem to be better NY passes out there.

1  Thank MislavKovacic

thank you for your feedback. sorry for your inconvenience, we will look into the matter

Reviewed 1 week ago

I was very sceptical initially about getting this pass, there are at least 2 other passes you can get that I know of, as well as when you are walking around New York, plenty of people trying for you to buy a pass on the street.
I bought the pass-through Trip Advisor from a company called Viator. if you go to the Sightseeing Pass website, I found you would pay a lot more for the same pass. I was buying 5 adult passes; even though I had 2 children with me, if you are over 12 you are classed as an adult, on the Sightseeing Pass website it was coming in at about £960 in total on Trip Advisor I got it for £850.00 (I believe you can get $40 pp of vouchers to use if you buy it directly).
On arriving in New York, I went to the main office to exchange my paper voucher for a card (I don’t think you must do this but I think the paper one would get worn out by getting it out all the time). I had to stand in a queue, where annoyingly every staff member wanted to look at my paperwork and then kept saying, yeap stay in this queue, we were in there for a good half an hour due to the popularity of the card and lack of staff in there; I then on the fourth time of asking to check my paperwork got frustrated and said it had just been checked for the third time, I was asked who by and I said the actual boss.
Once I got our cards, it was just a short stop to the bus stop to catch our Bus, there are a few routes you can do:-
Uptown - if you want to go to Central Park, the museums and Harlem (which even though a rundown area (this was said by the bus guide lady who lived there), looked amazing)
Midtown - this is for all the main areas in Manhattan - Empire state building, Rockefeller Centre, Times Square to name a few
Downtown - this is for Wall street, Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn, Chinatown, One World Observatory, 9/11, etc
Night Bus - well worth doing leaves Times Square and goes down to Brooklyn, over the bridge (not Brooklyn Bridge) and back again.
I did find the Downtown bus few and far between, waiting at least 50 minutes for a bus one time with quite a few other people standing at the bus stop (some of the buses did become overcrowded, and we had to stand downstairs, my concern was also if the bus was full and you were waiting at a bus stop for over 40 minutes, how long til the next one?)
Whilst the pass makes boasts of saving you hundreds of dollars some of the places and things to do are free.
The Natural History Museum of America is quoted as being $23; this is a suggested donation and the staff actually advise you can just pay $1 if you wanted to.
I did actually work out against the prices quoted on the Sightseeing Pass App against what I felt was fair and I felt I would have spent £2000 if I had paid for everything myself.
The only place I found I didn’t need to stand in the main queue was the One World Observatory, and was able to go into a queue inside for voucher holders.
However, the staff at Madame Tussauds seem to let other Pass Holders ahead of us even though we were stood in the queue longer. Ripley’s was ok but the kids found both Madame Tussauds and Ripley’s boring.
I would highly recommend the Rockefeller Centre (I did this at night, and with the Empire State building behind us, made a magical backdrop).
I was told the hop on hop off ferry did not exist anymore and you had to get on and off one of the river cruises, which left Pier 78 @ 10, 12 and 4pm. This was the better way it turned out to visit the Statue of Liberty; on the day we went to see her there was 2 1/2-hour queue to get through security, so we walked up to the Statton Island ferry which was ok on the way back as one ferry has no upstairs outside access, and one did. When we arrived on the other side it was a quick walk to get back on to the ferry. However, when we did the now defunct Hop on Hop off boat trip it gets nice and close - for me personally this was the best way to see it as I felt very under awed when I saw the Statue close up, as it is not as big as I thought it was going to be (bloody Ghostbusters).
The Madison Square Garden tour was great to see, and if we had come later in the day we could have seen Justin Timberlake doing his sound check; as Queen said the show must go on (turns out he cancelled that night anyhow).
WE only managed to use the Buffalo Wings meal voucher, and whilst if you had to pay $25 pp for the meal you had you would feel short-changed, as it was part of the pass this was well worth it.
I really wished I had gone to Planet Hollywood; but as for seasoned travellers I am sure you will agree there is just too much to do, and you really need to plan your days.
The Bike hire was great but make sure you have i.d. as they keep it as insurance, you break it, you pay for it. I would also advise that Central Park may look quite flat but there are hills on both sides; some get very taxing for the more unfit of us.
In short (sorry it wasn’t, and there is still more than I could say) would I recommend the pass, check your options, like I said other passes out there, but I felt on reading the other passes they didn’t offer the unlimited hop on, hop off buses. I bought the unlimited pass, you can buy a flex pass, but dependant on what you want to do, your budget, etc, make sure you read them all.

2  Thank markc00per1
Julia K, Public Relations Manager at City Sightseeing New York, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

thanks for your feedback

Reviewed 1 week ago

The Hop On-Hop Off Bus was a great way to get around the city to see sights. Ponchos were provided for one rainy day. Thank you.

thanks for your feedback. come back soon