“Always a great way to see a city”

City Sightseeing New York
City Sightseeing New York Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #134 of 639 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy the best of the Big Apple using a single convenient ticket! Sit back and relax while our knowledgeable tour guides describe the history and background of New York City. This is an opportunity to immerse yourself in full New York City experience, all from the comfort of a double-decker bus. Plus, with unlimited hop-on hop-off access you can take your time exploring as many of the neighborhoods and sites as you’d like!
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We like to make a point of taking a hop on hop off tour on any trip to get our bearings in the city and get an idea of where else we might like to visit. The standard is always pretty high especially when the guide and driver work for tips. The same goes for the New York tour- it covers a good portion of the sights you might want to see including a drop off at the Ferry terminal where you can take advantage of the free Staten Island ferry to get a better look at the Statue of Liberty. I didn't come across and stand up comedian tour guides as we have done in the past but they were friendly and knowledgeable. The tickets are pretty decently priced and it is worth it to pick up the full package for $10 extra. Tickets are easily purchased from any of the street sellers in red waving their pamphlets at you.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I would not recommend this trip if you either want to visit different parts of the city, or if you want to use the bus as transportation. The guides are hit-or-miss. The first guide we had was tolerable and somewhat informative. The second guide was a joke. He was not from our country and did not know very much about the city, and was difficult to understand. For the price, you would be better off getting taxis to where you want to go. If you really want to see different parts of the city and learn about the city, take the Real New York Tours, walking tour. We did that on the second day and enjoyed it much better than the bus tour. For the price, the bus tour is a rip off.

1  Thank Edwin E
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband & I bought two day NY Passes with the hop on hop off added to it. The NY pass was good- we went to many attractions and go more than our monies worth. I ordered it a few weeks before we went and paid $8.00 extra for shipping to our house. I thought it would save time, as we were arriving in town early morning and wanted to start using it right away instead of having to use the time to pick it up. When it arrived in the mail- the NY passes were there but not the bus passes. When I called, they informed me, they are a separate item and we have to pick them up (at Madame Tussands) so I wasted time and $8.00 and they push for you to spend another $50.00 for VIP line cutting. It is difficult to determine where to find the buses. We wasted a lot of time either looking for a stop or waiting for a bus. They were crowded. The tours were ok(we did a day time one and the night tour) the one driver was not very professional-he kept saying oh,wait a minute and forgetting what he was saying. They do ask for tips quite often. The night tour was good and we enjoyed it.Overall I think we would do it again, but I wish they would improve the company and take peoples suggestions.The NY Pass was worth the money,there is a list online of the attractions that it covers, so I was able to plan both days we were there. We saw more than we probably would have without the passes. I loved the idea that I knew ahead of time all the info for where we were going to go including times and addresses.It kept us moving all day.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

first of all bus reeks any time and all the time of urine!so u must ride up top even if its cold out, as the smell will force you topside. The tour guide begs for tips for herself and bus driver throughout the trip. You cannot Hop n Stop, they only stop at designated places and sometimes not even then, you still have to walk many many blocks to most attractions. Cost is outlandish considering you have to sit and wait at least an hour to get downtown, when the subway can get you there in minutes. Please do not buy a ticket to hell on this bus... oh and hawkers are everywhere trying to sell you passes to these buses... avoid!! The red headed older lady who is the your guide is rude, slow, and screams at people, unreal that she has a job.
WORST EXPIERENCE IN THE CITY!

1  Thank p m
Reviewed November 29, 2013

What a great way to see the city. We didn't have a clue where we were going and what was available and this was a fantastic way to start off. we soon got orientated to town and were able to see many attractions. Darrius was very entertaining with vast knowledge of the route and attractions. His singing was different, enjoyable.
Allen and Janeen, Australia