“A Lot of Food Choices”

Neighborhood: Financial District
Palm Bay, Florida
“A Lot of Food Choices”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Visited Café Water for a very late lunch. The grill was shut down. They had some deli items including sandwiches that were made earlier in the day, packaged sushi and a buffet. The buffet was kind of pricey, $7.99/pound. There was a good variety of food and some Chinese dishes. The food was very tasty, but the food that was supposed to be hot was tepid. It was OK for a quick meal. We are tourists but there appear to be many other choices in the area so I don't think we will go back.

Visited May 2013

New York
“Come here if you like egg shells in your soup! The manager thinks its normal.”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I work nearby and have been coming here because its close and convenient and the food is ok. Usually I would get the Udon noodle soup in the back of the restaurant.

Recently I ordered ramen soup and while i was eating, I noticed something very crunchy. I spit it out and found a piece of egg shell a bit smaller than a penny.

When I went to return it, the manager, who clearly didnt want to give me a refund, offered a few excuses. "It was an accident." "When you cook at home, sometimes you might get an egg shell into the food, right?" "You ate half of the soup". I countered, 'so an accident makes it ok? If a hair is dropped into the food, its usually an accident, that doesnt make it ok? I'm not cooking at home, I'm at a restaurant paying someone else to cook. Yes, I ate half and then discovered the egg shell. I would like to eat the entire meal.

In addition, i can't tell you how many times the Udon station cook has messed up my order. "Vegetable udon, no tofu no mushrooms please." The chef grabs a cup, throws a fistful of mushrooms in the cup. I tell him no mushrooms and he starts picking out the mushrooms. "Id like a new one". He takes a cup and throws a fistful of mushrooms in the cup. "I dont want mushrooms". No joke, again he starts picking out the mushrooms. "I'd like a new one" I say again. 3rd Try, he puts his hand on the mushrooms again and I say "NO MUSHROOMS". Then he turns around puts his hand on the chicken and asks "Chicken?" "No chicken, just vegetable." He puts his hands on the tofu and I say "No Tofu, just vegetable udon, no tofu no mushroom". I might as well order beef udon and maybe I will get vegetable udon.

I wont be going here anymore -- if you want something good nearby, check out Yorganic just 2 minutes walk on 3 Hanover Sq. The food is much much better and they actually listen to what you order.

Visited March 2013