WINNER WONDERLAND

East Village Suites
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a wonderful time during our stay in one of Chris´s apartments. The apartment is very clean and comfortable and perfect to a group of 5-6 people, few steps away from Union Square. I will surely be back. I recommend to everyone!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BarbaraLoyola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Maple Ridge, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

If renting from this owner be aware what you rent is not always what you get. Do not stay in his basement apartment on East 25Th St. It is noisy,it smells of urine from people that are partying in the building then come out for a smoke and a pee. The owner gives you no emergency telephone numbers so if you accidentally lock yourself out you are hooped. He doesn't take late night telephone calls. We were stranded on the sidewalk at 3.00 am in the morning and he wouldn't answer his cell phone. So be aware it is a costly mistake. $ 400.00 later for a locksmith. He comes across as a nice man on the phone but for him it is all about the money. Stay in a hotel. It will save you money and you are never in the apartment except to sleep anyway, which for three nights we got none. He will not compensate you either. Neither of his bathroom fans work so the apartment smells.it was supposed to be equipped like a home but was missing some things like face cloths,hand towels ironing board.wine glasses.can opener and there is no telephone. To his credit he did provide most of these things but not everything. At $450.00 a night you shouldn't have to ask for these things

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank traveller182186
EastVillageSuites, Owner at East Village Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Christine gets the award of being the most difficult guest that has ever stayed in one of our apartments.
She booked a two bedroom with us but called me 3-5 times a week to clarify details about the location, amenities, how many towels we provided etc. I knew from the get go that she was going to be a tough person to please.
After she had booked the 2 bedroom she requested a 3 bedroom which I was eventually able to provide her with. The 3 bedroom that she got was a newly renovated place with new beds, linens etc.
We had guests stay there twice before her arrival and they all loved the place.
Her comments are baseless and on one of the nights that she claims was very noisy I was personally in the building decorating an apartment until 2am and I heard not a beep.

If she locked herself out of the apartment it could only have happened if she either locked the door as she left or had previously put on the self-lock. If it was the later then any locksmith or individual with a little common sense could have opened it with a credit card. I am not even sure if she did lock herself out because she had the lock changed and then called me and told me that if I wanted the key that I would have to pay her for the two free nights and the so-called $400 locksmith fee.

Christine tried to blackmail me from the very beginning of her stay to by stating that if I did not give her two free nights that she would leave a terrible review. I have e-mails to prove it.

Please read all my reviews and the good experiences that people have had in our apartments.
vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Myself and four women stayed in one of the 'East Village Suites' for four nights.
The accomodation is clean, well equipped, and has unusually comfortable beds and pillows,
two bathrooms, two bedrooms and a kitchen. Chris responds to texts and emails and
generally is very available if needed. I was a bit nervous booking an apartment in NYC
but it worked out great! If you are a light sleeper, don't take the apartment over the
pub near Union Square!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank achild16
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I travelled to NY just recently and cannot recommend East Village Suites highly enough. The apartment was clean, comfortable and had excellent facilities. Chris was more than accommodating - met me at the apartment though I was late, re-arranged my booking for me at very late notice and was generally incredibly helpful, welcoming & accommodating. Great location - I would definitely recommend staying here and will definitely stay there upon my next visit to NYC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ali S
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

From the first email to Chris, everything was sensational - traveling from Australia, we were nervous about booking online - but we had confirmation emails, paid by Paypal, and even rang and spoke to Chris before booking.
Chris provided a 2 bedroom, clean apartment for us and another couple. Spotless, comfy beds, small kitchen, 2 bathrooms :) and it was gorgeous.
Location was a short walk to subway, with too many excellent bars and restaurants to sample!!
Thank you Chris - we will definitely be in touch again for another NYC East Village stay.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank KandAplus3
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband, sister and Mum stayed four nights in the one-bed apartment. The apartment was comfortable, clean, albeit a little compact for four people requiring three separate beds - but as we'd booked just one week before arrival (we were let down last minute by a previous booking) we knew what to expect!

The apartment itself is very well presented with high ceilings, exposed brick walls, nicely decorated, spotlessly clean, super comfy beds, ample storage, all mod cons, full bathroom, kitchen, including W/D. We definitely got value for money.

The location was ideal - lots of great cafes, bars, restaurants within stumbling distance: Lavagna and Perbacco were our faves followed by drinks at Dorian Gray. Plenty of delis/supermarkets (Key Food, Union Market, Whole Foods) for those key essentials are located within a couple of blocks radius. We didn't actually cook anything in the apartment during our stay - we took advantage of what all the nearby eateries had to offer!

Chris was really helpful and always on hand with any questions or queries we had. Booking, check-in, and check-out was straightforward and easy. So all in all I wholeheartedly recommend East Village Suites and will definitely book with Chris for my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aisilng
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We booked in January and sent deposit. Recieved email confiming we were booked into a 2 bedroom 2 bath for three nights in May for 5 adults. April we checked to see what details for checking in where going to be and recieved an email back that Chris FORGOT to put us on the schedule and now all his units of that size were booked. He did offer to crowd the 5 of us into a 1 bedroom with 1 bathroom and he would stick some beds in the living room. We could not see five adults stuck into this situation for three nights. He said he would try to get something but never showed much of an effort. We finally got our deposit back and he says he offered a solution at that time, but that is not the thruth. Chris sounds like a really nice person while he is trying to get you to book with him, but was very difficults to get to return calls or actually show an interest in a bad situation caused by poor managing of scheduling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family