“Comfortable classic Italian in NYC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Punto Ristorante

Il Punto Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Punto Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 38th Street
Transit: Bus stop on the block of the restaurant on 9th Avenue and corner of 38th Street. On 42nd Street - A,B,C,D, E and F trains nearby.
Description: Your escape to Italy is here, in Midtown Manhattan, at Il Punto Ristorante. Our lunch and dinner menus feature fresh, homemade pastas, seafood, poultry, and veal. Accompany your meal with a selection from our wine list, and a delicious dessert! Il Punto features a main dining room, a full Bar, and two small dining rooms perfect for private events, meetings or celebrations. Buon Appetito!
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Comfortable classic Italian in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

New York city is loaded with italian restaurants and we been to a lot of them. For this visit we picked Il Punto because we met chef Antonios mother at her restaurant in Italy. We were greeted like family and enjoyed an excellent classic italian meal. Service was excellent in the food was superb. I had a strip steak that was aged for 30 days and it was magnificent.

The decor was run of the mill New York, but the service and food were exceptional. Every member of the staff from the coat girl to the head waiter was warm and friendly. Definitely a place we will go back to.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
mkt2010, Owner at Il Punto Ristorante, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
We love your description of us — "comfortable classic Italian"! I'm so glad you felt you were treated like family, and what a small world that you met Chef Antonio's mother in Italy! It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed every bit of your meal. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in NYC!

Cheers,

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
drgoldin90
“fabulous dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

The food at our dinner last night at Il Punto was fabulous but we were a little disappointed in the service. We notified the wait staff that we were there pre-theatre when the meal was a bit too relaxed and this did not result in prompter service. Atmosphere was perfect and everyone was very attentive but we had to cut short our dessert and coffee to be able to get to our show on time.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mkt2010, Owner at Il Punto Ristorante, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
I'm so glad to hear everything tasted delicious and the atmosphere was perfect, but I want to apologize if our service was a bit slow. We always want our guests to enjoy every aspect of their meal, so I'm sorry that you weren't able to finish your dessert and coffee. We pride ourselves on attentive service, so I can promise you this isn't an accurate reflection of our restaurant. I'll be sure to speak with our staff about this moving forward. Thank you for letting us know, and I hope you'll dine with us again soon.

All the best,
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Really fancied some pasta after all the meat in New York. What a great place! Lively and with knowledgeable staff. We ate from the special menu as well as the main menu. The specials we had as appetisers were outstanding. My wife had a wonderful deconstructed Mortadella with her octopus, and my highly unusual but stunning veal carpaccio was excellent with the truffle mash foam. If you're hungry, I would suggest the vats of risotto I saw some other tables getting! While we were not hungry enough, I would suggest the tasting menu would be worth a look based on the unusual and delicious courses we had! The additional complimentary courses (tomato soup and biscotti) were a welcome addition.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mkt2010, Owner at Il Punto Ristorante, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for this wonderful 5-star review. We always want our guests to have a truly memorable experience, and it sounds like we left a lasting impression! I'm so glad you and your wife enjoyed our unique Italian dishes. Next time you're back in New York, we'd love for you to stop by and see us again!

Until then,
Lusaka, Lusaka, Zambia
“The best food we had in New York”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We ate here on a Christmas trip to New York. Overall we were very disappointed with food in New York but this restaurant redeemed it!
We chose predominantly from the chefs special dishes and were not disappointed. The gelato di cipollo was a great starter and fillet of red snapper was fresh and interesting with the lemon foam. Deconstructed tiramisu finished off the meal and was good but for my taste the espresso foam could have been sweetened a bit to bring out the taste better.
Good service, nice atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
mkt2010, Owner at Il Punto Ristorante, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
We're so glad we could redeem New York's restaurant reputation, Helen. Thank you for this wonderful feedback. Next time you make it back to NYC, we'd love to serve you another delicious meal!

Until then,
NY, NY
“Delicious food, attentive staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to me by someone in Sicily, where I was travelling a few months ago. So I suggested Il Punto as a place for us to meet for dinner. Four of us dined together and all had a happy experience with the food and the service. I had a broccoli rabe with cannellini bean side dish that was delicious. I chose a pasta that is a traditional Sicilian dish, pasta alla Norma and it was as good or better than any I had in Sicily. My friends had other pasta dishes and raved about them.

I also appreciated the warmth and flexibility of the staff. Two of us were late for the reservation and I called ahead and they were very accomodating--we did not lose our table. Another aspect of flexibility...I have to eat only gluten free and they had gluten free pasta available! The maitre d, whose name is Antonio was especially nice and he was delighted that I had met his friend in Sicily. We all agreed we will visit Il Punto again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
mkt2010, Owner at Il Punto Ristorante, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
We are so glad you had such a wonderful experience with us, Graziela. I appreciate you mentioning how accommodating our staff was—we always want our guests to feel at home. We'll be sure to pass this feedback along to Antonio; he will be so pleased to hear this! I hope you have a wonderful New Year.

All the best,