“Great venue, authentic Italian food”

Il Punto Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Punto Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 38th Street
Transit: Bus stop on the block of the restaurant on 9th Avenue and corner of 38th Street. On 42nd Street - A,B,C,D, E and F trains nearby.
Description: Your escape to Italy is here, in Midtown Manhattan, at Il Punto Ristorante. Our lunch and dinner menus feature fresh, homemade pastas, seafood, poultry, and veal. Accompany your meal with a selection from our wine list, and a delicious dessert! Il Punto features a main dining room, a full Bar, and two small dining rooms perfect for private events, meetings or celebrations. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nice Italian restaurant somewhat off the tourist beat, close to the Javits Convention Center. Had dinner here after a day at the convention center with our visitor from Italy, so a lot of Italian was flying about the room! Whether or not that contributed to the exceptional service or not is anybody's guess. Food was done well, recipes were very authentic, atmosphere very pleasant, almost romantic. Wine list is commendable. Our Italian guest was pleased.

We returned after another day at the convention (a Sunday), for a glass of wine and a snack. Calamari fritti was less than stellar (rubbery) but serviceable, service satisfactory. All in all, there are many other Italian restaurants in New York I would designate as destination restaurants, but for convenience to the Javits Center & the Hell's Kitchen/Times Square South area, the good service, and decent food, Il Punto suited us just fine. Yes, I would return to eat there.

1  Thank Victoria098

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This Italian restaurant had a lot going for it! Their house Chianti is fantastic! I ordered the grilled salmon with julienne vegetables and I wasn't disappointed. Also, the waiter brought us a fantastic bread basket along with a complimentary serving of bruschetta. It was a bit pricey - $80 with tip for two. My business associate and I each had a glass of wine and only a main entree for the $80. Not sure if I would revisit because there are so many great Italian places nearby. If you are thinking about going here, give it a try!

1  Thank Semarshall
Reviewed March 1, 2013

These meatballs were just like my grandmas and in 45 years I have never said that. The good is authentic and the people are nice. They make special small plates for kids so bring the family and mange

1  Thank Okiedocs
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just got back from a getaway weekend in NYC. Was looking for a relaxed but upscale place for a good dinner and found just what we were looking for at Il Punto. Great but not obsessive service, creative menu, and a laid back atmosphere that made for a memorable evening.

1  Thank georgestayshome
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a very large group, and there was a restricted menu available, which makes sense given that there were so many of us. It was really good quality food, a wonderful plate of antipasti as a starter and the desserts were delicious. Service was friendly and relaxed and we were all made to feel very welcome. It's not haute cuisine but it is very good Italian food, and the sort of place you can feel very at home in straight away. I would go back.