“This Pizza Was Amazing”

Capizzi
Ranked #142 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Old Fashioned Wood Burning Brick Oven Serving Beer & Wine
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had the pepperoni pizza and a salad. The food was great here and even better it was reasonably priced.

I would definitely go back!

There are newer reviews for Capizzi

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stopped here while in NYC because of the reviews and as usual was not disappointed!

This place is a very small restaurant in hells kitchen that has many types of brick oven pizza. The one I had was pepperoni, spicy sausage, sun dried tomatoes and onion. I lived in Chicago for many years and it pains me to say this, but this was one of the best pizza's I've ever had.

Our server was from Italy. I mean heavy accent and all. She was wonderful. Great enthusiasm and personality. Our group really was thrilled with the service. To say it felt authentic would be understating the ambiance.

This is one of two restaurants that I will always go back to when I'm in NYC.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

It's an unexpected find. Best fresh pizza we ever had. Unbelievable fresh and unique salads. Very friendly staff. very nice wine selection. Highly recommend it

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The setting is inauspicious - right in the midst of the scrum that is any entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel. But step inside, and let your genuine Tuscan waitress transport you to Europe. Gorgeous authentic pizza, fairly-priced wines and killer tiramisu make for a fabulous experience. Thank you, Carolina!

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

On a recommendation from a foodie family member, we visited Capizzi last night. What a hidden gem, filled with locals (not a tourist place). The freshest ingredients, real Italian servers, a wood oven, nice wine selection, amazing pizza and nice ambience makes for a tutto bene dining experience. Whatever you do, get something with the fresh mozzarella, it's perfect!